EMail Inbox always shows 1 unread message!

Guest rupert_hollom

Guest rupert_hollom

I have got a number of email accounts configured on my Diamond, in the last week one of the Inboxs displays 1 unread message even when all of the messages have been deleted. Whilst this is really a major problem it is annoying, just wondered if anyone has any idea how to fix it?

Cheers,

Rupert.

• 1 month later...
Guest Kevlarski
I have got a number of email accounts configured on my Diamond, in the last week one of the Inboxs displays 1 unread message even when all of the messages have been deleted. Whilst this is really a major problem it is annoying, just wondered if anyone has any idea how to fix it?

Cheers,

Rupert.

Have you got any auto redirection like Junk Email etc? Try going into your email and where it says Inbox press the down arrow and see if any of your folders have a bold 1 next to it. Deleted items can also be the culprit if you have deleted an unread email.

Guest rupert_hollom
Have you got any auto redirection like Junk Email etc? Try going into your email and where it says Inbox press the down arrow and see if any of your folders have a bold 1 next to it. Deleted items can also be the culprit if you have deleted an unread email.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately the one unread item is showing as being in the Inbox - even when it is empty!

Guest Kevlarski
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately the one unread item is showing as being in the Inbox - even when it is empty!

Are you using threaded messaging (the default on Diamond). If so check your sent messages as I have noticed that they can report inbox items when they have been deleted. Other than that I think you might need to search for a way to reset your email cache as that's all I could imagine it being. Other than that I'm stumped. Good luck B)

Guest garyeuph

Hi, I had the same problem - cured by deleting the account and recreating it

Are you using threaded messaging (the default on Diamond). If so check your sent messages as I have noticed that they can report inbox items when they have been deleted. Other than that I think you might need to search for a way to reset your email cache as that's all I could imagine it being. Other than that I'm stumped. Good luck B)

Guest spacerace
Hi, I had the same problem - cured by deleting the account and recreating it

yes, this is the only way I have got round these issues before. usually the mail database for that account has got corrupted and thinks there is a message in there when there isn't.

Guest rupert_hollom
yes, this is the only way I have got round these issues before. usually the mail database for that account has got corrupted and thinks there is a message in there when there isn't.

Thanks for the replies, I was hoping that i wouldn't have to delete the account and start again - but it looks like that is the answer, perhaps I will take the opportunity to install a new Rom as well.