Returning my Vario III to T-Mobile

Guest adchaffey

Guest adchaffey

Hi All,

I've had some bizarre problems with my Vario III lately. Basically only when charging in the car, the phone appears to be charging (orange status light by earpiece lights up, battery status screen shows the phone is charging) but no charge appears to be taken (the battery level keeps dropping). Then after 2 or so minutes, the orange status light goes off but all else remains the same (backlight stays on etc). This is the same in my cradle wired directly to the stereo power and from several cigarette lighter car chargers. Works fine with other phones.

Anyway, T-Mobile have agreed to exchange the device, but I have a slightly cooked ROM on it at the moment. Should I revert back to the original ROM before sending it back and if so does anyone have the original Vario III ROM available!

Cheers.

Guest deadphill

I cant vouch for yourself but I had no problems with my old vario 3.

If you put the plainest version of the ROM you can find, I'm sure they wont notice!

You can also look over at xda-devs to see if they have one available.

Cheers

Phill

Guest The Malicious Penguin

If you put the plainest version of the ROM you can find, I'm sure they wont notice!

Cheers

Phill

Cheers - you can only just make out the outline of shapes etc on the phone due to a screen issue, so I might risk it!

Guest adchaffey

Cheers

Phill

Awesome, thanks for your reply. I've got the TLR ROM on there at the moment which is pretty similar to the original so I'll see how it goes.