Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mysterious Stranger

White G1's have paint flaking issue and being held back?

3 posts in this topic

Trying to source a white G1 for someone here in the UK via the U.S to find a lot of t-mob stores have no stock blaming paint issues / flaking similar to the Trinity. No brown either. Makes me feel my black one is common....

Anyone here got or seen a white one?

http://forums.t-mobile.com/tmbl/board/mess...message.id=8284

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qi...23130930AA5vcam

M.S

p.s @ Paul [MVP] - gonna wait that long? ;-)

I had a look at a white one in a T-Mobile shop in Bristol on Friday. They only had white left in stock although they did hava a black display model for me to look at. Have to say IMHO the white actually looks nicer. I thought I would prefer the black as I usually only like black but not in this case. The handset looks much nicer in real life compared to photo's on the net as well. Think I will wait and see if T-Mobile to offer it on more tariffs though, not keen on paying £40 per month.

Just can't decide on getting the G1 or the Touch HD, thought I'd made my mind up but then saw the G1 in the flesh B)

I had a look at a white one in a T-Mobile shop in Bristol on Friday. They only had white left in stock although they did hava a black display model for me to look at. Have to say IMHO the white actually looks nicer. I thought I would prefer the black as I usually only like black but not in this case. The handset looks much nicer in real life compared to photo's on the net as well. Think I will wait and see if T-Mobile to offer it on more tariffs though, not keen on paying £40 per month.

Just can't decide on getting the G1 or the Touch HD, thought I'd made my mind up but then saw the G1 in the flesh B)

Cool - so they do exist....

'Offline' in the US they are $400 ( about £250) from t-mobile but they are locked ( to any t-mobile network). Not bad when you consider the equivalent cost of other offline phones such as the Touch HD @ £530!!!

M.S