Best radio/phone ROM for i900 at the moment?

Guest cyberarmy

Guest cyberarmy

Hi everyone.

I got my Omnia yesterday after a month waiting due to stock shortage in South Africa. The Omnia was loaded with i900JCHH1 ROM/PHONE. The 3G connection was very bad with this version of phone/radio FW at my house, UMTS logo appears for a while and you see the bars start to drop every 2 seconds and it changes to EDGE.

I decided to flash it with official Singapore i900DXHJ1, and this phone FW improved my 3G reception as now it stays connected much longer than JCHH1.

To the more experienced Omnia users, which phone ROM you will recommend to me which you rekon is the best radio/phone module out there? How safe is it to flash a different country Radio FW to the PDA FW?

TIA!

Guest goodbrand

there seems to be alot of people on here that rave about the monila 2d... I think its probably due to them coming from the HTC phones to the omnia as its a replication of its interface!!

I prefer the native interface of the Omnia... also, I think the firmware you have flashed to is currently the best available!!!

• 1 year later...
Guest downjones

JJIA1 = the best one for me in all aspects (3G, battery, signal, gps, stability).

XBIC1 = very stable, good battery, but no 3G.

DXID1 = poor battery, slow gps compared to the others, no 3G.

ZHIE1 = very fast gps fix, stable, no 3G

PUIE1 = very fast gps fix, a little unstable and I had some bugs in band selection (GSM), I had to set the network manually because in automatic it didn't find, no 3G.

any further information on other Radios???

Guest thoughtmonster

I concur with downjones, JJIA1 is by far the best Phone ROM I've used. Battery life is around 2-3 days, GPS fixes 2-3 times faster than XBIC1, which I used previously, and I've had no crashes/weird behaviour till now.

Guest Bruno Adler
Yes, please give a link for the leatest phone/rom part for i900, but try not uploading to rapidshare :D

LOL.

I'll upload asap into my dedicated server.

Guest dannych99
My phone reports this as JIIA

There is only i900L- JIIA1, it support all GSM bands(GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900) and WCDMA tri-bands (UMTS850, UMTS1900, UMTS2100).

:D

hi everyone..i have phone XIIB2 version ..what do you know about this one?

- you think i should flash to JJIA1 or JCIC2? They are better according to you?

- flashing the phone part is the same of pda part flash? (XP, launch exe, turn off, turn on, start and wait?)

- every phone part can be used by other countries users or not? (i'm italian can i flash to JJIA1 without any problems?)

thank you and sorry for my poor english..

Guest ketamdaco

Hi Guys :D

I'm using QB06 ROM (radio/phone DXIA2) from Qbus. its old but for me quite cute.

But since I heard that JJIA1 best radio/phone.

Is it possible for me only to upgrade the JJIA1 ? and how to flash it?

Thanks....

Hi Guys :D

I'm using QB06 ROM (radio/phone DXIA2) from Qbus. its old but for me quite cute.

But since I heard that JJIA1 best radio/phone.

Is it possible for me only to upgrade the JJIA1 ? and how to flash it?

Thanks....

I've flashed JJIA1 under xp and no problems. Just like an ordinary flash, but there's always the risk of a useless phone after. It didn't erase pda part.

Phone purchased in denmark

Guest ketamdaco
I've flashed JJIA1 under xp and no problems. Just like an ordinary flash, but there's always the risk of a useless phone after. It didn't erase pda part.

Phone purchased in denmark

Thanks X-Pro for the reply, I bought my phone from Singapore.

But when You said there is a risk of bricks the phone, I feel shaking :D to do it.

So I need more information if it is possible to combine DXIA5 PDA with JJIA1 Radio/Phone? please help... I really want to upgrade my Phone part only.

thanks