Best radio/phone ROM for i900 at the moment?

Guest cyberarmy

Guest andrew.mazlim
I watch this. Most better is XBIC1.

Not quite. I tested them all; I had XBIC1 before DXIF1... DXIF1 is the best so far to me.

Guest X-pro
Hello everybody,

I am currently using the DXIF1 for almost a week before i had DXID1, XBIC1, PUJA1

I did not experienced any major issues with Wifi, GPS or Phone calls generally speaking.

Battery was my main issue which in DXID1 lasted almost two days, XBIC almost one day and a half, PUJA1 one day and something (less than XBIC) and now DXIF1 which lasts almost THREE days!!

Of course if i use my Igo the battery drains instantly.. but for the rest like sms, photos, music, phone calls WiFi etc..its on my daily usage.

I am using OCK's win6.5 rom,

DXID1

GPS ok.

Call quality ok ( a bit less than in XBIC)

Wifi ok

3G ok.

Battery drains in aprox. 50 hours

XBIC1

GPS ok.

Call quality ok ( a bit less than in PUJA1)

Wifi ok

3G ok.

Battery drains in aprox. 35 hours

PUJA1

True that GPS connect's abit faster.

Call quality ok (i could even answer my phone in the elevator which with others i had no signal)

Wifi a bit faster

3G ok.

Battery drains in aprox. 30 hours

DXIF1

GPS ok.

Call quality ok ( a bit worse than in XBIC1)

Wifi ok

3G ok.

Battery drains in aprox. 69 hours

So i will stick to DXIF1.

Anyway, just personal experience.

thanks very much for the testing of the phoneparts. However the battery time of 69 hours in dxif is not a general indicator. Tested xbic and dxif and the power drain I experienced was quite equal, in fact dxif used a bit more power than xbic and that would be quite normal as the signal strength is better in dxif. But nice that it works so well for you :(

Guest Bulldogs

I'm getting the worst battery drain and worst reception from DXIF1. A while back (about 15 flashes back) I had a rom/phone combo that had perfect reception and could use IGO for up to 5 hours on battery. It was perfect but the Rom itself was extremely buggy. For the life of me I can't remember what rom and what phone version it was but I'm determined to find it again.

Guest blade87

The battery isn't as good as everybody says it is. It's almost the same as PUJA1 which means - bad.

Also the GPS is driving me crazy. With the other Phone part I've had this kind of problem, but it wasn't as bad as DXIF1.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AkWngnut
There is only i900L- JIIA1, it support all GSM bands(GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900) and WCDMA tri-bands (UMTS850, UMTS1900, UMTS2100).

;)

So using either of these ROMs, can I use them on any phone? I believe I have this one DXID1 = poor battery, slow gps compared to the others, no 3G. So if I flash with the JJIA1 or JCIC2, will it work on my i900? Its from Singapore. Thanks for your help. I am using a SECTOR ROM currently and well I have to soft reboot it like 1-4 times a day. I use it allot as an MP3 player using a Motorla SD9HD BT headest. Any help please..

-AkWingnut

Guest blade87
So using either of these ROMs, can I use them on any phone? I believe I have this one DXID1 = poor battery, slow gps compared to the others, no 3G. So if I flash with the JJIA1 or JCIC2, will it work on my i900? Its from Singapore. Thanks for your help. I am using a SECTOR ROM currently and well I have to soft reboot it like 1-4 times a day. I use it allot as an MP3 player using a Motorla SD9HD BT headest. Any help please..

-AkWingnut

The phone part is something completely different from the PDA part so there's no problem using a different version of it, but follow the installation steps to successfully install it.

Guest andrew.mazlim

Like the dude above said, the PDA is the O.S. (system) part. The PHONE ("Radio", what ever) is the software for the Wi-Fi, signal, battery life etc. Completely different things. You can change whatever you like.

Guest brazuka

Hello everybody,

I have an Omnia I900L from Brazil with i900LVIHJ5 phone part (it's a bit older I think).

I'm just wondering if there's no problem on flashing it to JJAI1, DXIF1 or PUJA1.

I just don't know if the phone part must be specifically made and wich is better for i900L .

Appreciate your help!

Thanks!

Edited by brazuka

Guest saad123edd

Please tell me the proper steps to chnge the phone part... i really dnt want to mess up with my fone... i m using windows 7...

thankz

Guest mrvearn

My previous radio

DZIA5 - update with pda part - Offical update using Samsung software updater

GPS - So so - not very fast

Signal - Good. No drop call.

Wireless - Okay...(not using so much except for bluetooth headset)

Battery - Drain fast.

Heating - very hot

DXID1 -

GPS - arghhhhhhh!! WTF? (signal sooo sloww!)

Signal - helooooo? tut tut tut tut.... (call drop)

Wireless - Good...

Battery - can stand for 2 days with minimum app running - plays music & movies ...video call...& surfing

internet...still okay..

Heating - very hot (esp when gps turn on..)

DXIF1 -

Almost perfect!

GPS - veryyyy good!!

Signal - okay..sometimes get low signal but no calls dropping.

Wireless - Verryyy good...

Battery - not good...drain fast ( esp when applications running...on standby no probs..can stand at least 2 days..)

Heating - Damn good! compared with previous radio...

Current -

ZHIE1

GPS - Superb!!

Signal - good

Wireless - okay

Battery - Better than DXIF1 - draining but not so fast

Heating - DXIF1 better...

DXIA5

GPS - not bad - lock within 1-2 minutes

Signal - good

Wireless - okay

Battery - Better than both above

Heating - Similar with DXIF1

This is my experience.... i like to test DXIA5 as well... based on code i read in this thread, that phone part is for Malaysia...any one have it in .exe format? - tested.

Edit : i'm using Shokka9 6.1 M2DV 2.

Sorry for my bad English..

Edited by mrvearn

• 2 weeks later...
Guest goulgou

hi

I would like to try ZHIE1 phone part but I don't find the file anywhere. if someone have a link of the exe file I will enjoy it

thanks

Guest Ciboul

After XBIC1, PUIE1, ZHIE1...

Flashed with JCIC2 two weeks ago, all is ok. (I do not use 3G, so it is not tested)

Seems that it is better for GSM and GPS... not so far from reference XBIC1

Edited by Ciboul