Best radio/phone ROM for i900 at the moment?

Guest cyberarmy

Thanks X-Pro for the reply, I bought my phone from Singapore.

But when You said there is a risk of bricks the phone, I feel shaking :D to do it.

So I need more information if it is possible to combine DXIA5 PDA with JJIA1 Radio/Phone? please help... I really want to upgrade my Phone part only.

thanks

Like I said, it just updates the phonepart and leaves the pda alone. Flashing always involves a risk. Everything works fine but I only have tested for a day, but for route 66 to start up without injektion, 30 sek :D

Before something does go wrong, try to call a repair center and see how much they take to bring it back to life. If you are not willing to pay that, don't flash.

I've flashed under xp with NO firewall and without stupid little programs running in background. The flash seems to stop but DO NOT remove before it states "job done"

Edited by X-pro

Guest ketamdaco
Like I said, it just updates the phonepart and leaves the pda alone. Flashing always involves a risk. Everything works fine but I only have tested for a day, but for route 66 to start up without injektion, 30 sek :D

Before something does go wrong, try to call a repair center and see how much they take to bring it back to life. If you are not willing to pay that, don't flash.

I've flashed under xp with NO firewall and without stupid little programs running in background. The flash seems to stop but DO NOT remove before it states "job done"

One more X-Pro :D

Do I have to hard reset first before flash the radio? cause my omnia now full of applications.

Thank you

Just Flashed JJIA1 :D

Was on PUIE1 and it was giving me the shits.

I did not hard reset befor flashing.

will test and report back tomorrow.

Thank you Bruno Adler for the link :D

Guest ketamdaco
Just Flashed JJIA1 :D

Was on PUIE1 and it was giving me the shits.

I did not hard reset befor flashing.

will test and report back tomorrow.

Thank you Bruno Adler for the link :D

I'm waiting for your test result Bro...thanks for the info.

hi everyone..

hi tried JJIA1 phone part rom and i have very very slow gps fix (sometimes no gps fix at all..) from XBIC1 now i would like to try ZHIE1 or JCIC2 or PUIE1.. i would like fast gps and good battery, no matter about 3G..which do you think i should try first?

can anyone post .exe phone part of ZHIE1 and PUIE1?

thanks

Edited by ketr

Guest rodrigo.cbg

So guys, I have one question: when they cook some ROM and say "...based on XID1 phone part" is better to have the same phone part or I can use these ones suggested here? And more one: is the JJIA1 for i900 too? or just for i900L?

thx!

Edited by rodrigo.cbg

:D I always had WIFI connection issues (the typical only working for a minute or two but still showing connected) with the standard phone part, and the same with PUIE1 after i flashed to it, then i flashed to JJIA1 (with out hard reset as i had read a while back) 3 days ago and have had perfect wifi since :lol: :lol: i use nick's 23102 classic an the battery life is at least a third better, signal is more stable both 2/3g, haven't tried gps yet but i know it works on this rom quite well, its been raining quite heavily here :D

ADD: GPS works fine (with google maps) + stereo bluetooth works well too, and battery lasting possibly twice as long

Edited by taiter

One more X-Pro :lol:

Do I have to hard reset first before flash the radio? cause my omnia now full of applications.

Thank you

No you don't have to, it should not effect the pda part. Just follow normal flashing protocol :D

If something goes wrong pm me and I can give you a flash with phonepart and pda included or just search the forum :D

Guest ketamdaco
No you don't have to, it should not effect the pda part. Just follow normal flashing protocol :D

If something goes wrong pm me and I can give you a flash with phonepart and pda included or just search the forum :D

Ok X-Pro please send it to me. Thanks

for information my hp is Omnia i900 with rom from QBUS (QB06 Lite) win 6.1 PDA DXIA5 and radio DXIA2.

so it posible to combine DXIA5 and JJIA1 rite?

I'm waiting for your test result Bro...thanks for the info.

after one day of heavy use. gps, gprs, wifi, text and calls the phone has preformed well.

though i still think it may need a few charge cycles to know for sure regarding battery.

overall not complaing and am happy with preformance. :D

Guest ketamdaco
after one day of heavy use. gps, gprs, wifi, text and calls the phone has preformed well.

though i still think it may need a few charge cycles to know for sure regarding battery.

overall not complaing and am happy with preformance. :D

Hi Cenzo and X-Pro....

Finally I flash my omnia and it successful. but why the radio version is i900LJIIA1 not JJAI1.

Is ok? or I have wrong version of radio part?

Thanks

Guest LuckyTan

I don't experience any problem with 3G-video call, tho' I only used a couple of times. Have been using DXID1 (from QBus-pda n phone part.)... Wifi no problem. GPS, I hardly use. Only tried once, when using OCK's win6.5 rom build-pda part.

Battery life somehow it depends on which pda rom i have flashed. It varies. So far, using OCK's win6.5 rom, no issue for me, at least 2 days... tho' I didn't really monitor how long can it last until, as I usually charge before the battery fully used up. Actually, I prefer not to mess around with the phone part.

So far, have been retaining DXID1 phone part while trying out other chief's 6.5 rom (since no phone part included).

how's the DXID1 phone part? do you have good battery life and 3G/HSDPA, GPS, Wifi connection?
Edited by LuckyTan

Guest lsherif
Just tried xbic today, it's native to me, and the phone runs more smoothly than with the JIIA1. Gps even locks on faster and no problems with 3g wifi gps.

Hi X-pro,

could you provide me with the exe file for XBIC please.

Thanks,

Guest oishiboy

just want to ask if my i900 version is good... i'm using winmo 6.5 and checking the pda version, its i900DXID1/28230 while the phone version is i900USTII... i'm thinking of upgrading but i don't know if my phone part version is good or is there's a better version... any link for a better phone part version? thanks