A couple of questions

Guest ftr

Ok, I have a couple of little queries here regarding my HTC diamond, hopefully someone can shed a little light.

1. CPU usage. With no programs running, my CPU usage sits around 50%, and slowly climbs over time. I personally think that TF3D is partially to blame for the high native cycle usage, so I'm wondering are there any tweaks to get some cycles back?

2. This is going to sound odd but... Is there a way to remove Opera from my phone and just use IE? I don't like how opera doesn't have a data counter, and how slow it is for me...sitting there waiting for it to resize the webpage to fit on the screen after it hides its toolbars... in this rare case, IE I find is just so much smoother and better suited to mobile use...

Guest Neil5459
Ok, I have a couple of little queries here regarding my HTC diamond, hopefully someone can shed a little light.

1. CPU usage. With no programs running, my CPU usage sits around 50%, and slowly climbs over time. I personally think that TF3D is partially to blame for the high native cycle usage, so I'm wondering are there any tweaks to get some cycles back?

2. This is going to sound odd but... Is there a way to remove Opera from my phone and just use IE? I don't like how opera doesn't have a data counter, and how slow it is for me...sitting there waiting for it to resize the webpage to fit on the screen after it hides its toolbars... in this rare case, IE I find is just so much smoother and better suited to mobile use...

1) This is a known problem, and is probably a memory leak within TF3D. The only answer is to soft reset at intervals (or use a reset scheduler to do an aoutomatic reset during the night) or stop using TF3D

2) Opera is built into the ROM so can't be removed. There are probably ways to reset PIE as the default browser, but I've not looked into it myself B)