Bizarre low battery problem

Guest PeterKavanagh

Guest PeterKavanagh

Hi all,

I've had my X1 a few days now (nearly sent it back, until I found SmartWatchM would get it working with my MBW-150 B) ). Battery life isn't much better or worse than my old P1i - a full day out of the office in London will run it flat, with Push email enabled.

However, on Saturday I had forgotten to charge up, and I ended up with a critical battery warning, followed by the X1 turning off. I couldn't get it to switch back on, even connecting to my car charger didn't work (I thought these phones should always work from external power?) When back home and hooked to a mains charger, it had to charge for nearly 30 mins before it would come back to life, and at first it came up with 4 coloured bars and various version numbers - which I think is the firmware upload mode.

Anyone else encountered this sort of behaviour on WinMo devices?

Cheers,

Peter.

Hi all,

I've had my X1 a few days now (nearly sent it back, until I found SmartWatchM would get it working with my MBW-150 B) ). Battery life isn't much better or worse than my old P1i - a full day out of the office in London will run it flat, with Push email enabled.

However, on Saturday I had forgotten to charge up, and I ended up with a critical battery warning, followed by the X1 turning off. I couldn't get it to switch back on, even connecting to my car charger didn't work (I thought these phones should always work from external power?) When back home and hooked to a mains charger, it had to charge for nearly 30 mins before it would come back to life, and at first it came up with 4 coloured bars and various version numbers - which I think is the firmware upload mode.

Anyone else encountered this sort of behaviour on WinMo devices?

Cheers,

Peter.

Sometimes they take a full 1amp to kickstart from flat, I'm presuming your car charger does 0.5A?

I've not seen the bootloader though after a flat battery.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Randy - India

Hi!

When you plugged in the Xperia X1 into the mains (USB wall charger) did you also press any special key sequence to boot-up the phone?

My battery also was totally flat as I had left it on for the night running Skype.

Also if you know, if a flat is bad for a Li-On battery?

Best regards,

Randy