The official T-Mobile G1 'Ask Paul' thread

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Hey, I just got a G1! B)

I figured that since I often do 'Ask Paul' topics about other devices, and unboxings, I could do the same here.

So here we are...! TBH, I am an android n00b, so fellow owners feel free to join in... B)

P

PS I got my G1 from here (white), also available in black, and used voucher code 'MODACO' to get the free headset!

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="295">

Hey Paul,

glad you've got one... the discussion in the android forums has been drying up a touch and I've been (prob correctly) feeling like no-one else has one in the country!

for what its worth:

a few weeks in, and I'm still loving the main reason i got the device: i've bought into google in a big way, and now my calendar and my gmail (with all my other accounts that i forward) are pushed to my phone. it works. happy.

Still a lot of work to smooth a few rough edges... but there are no deal breakers for me. What i really want to know is if functionality will ever be improved on this handset (not just bug fixes) or if "better" versions of android (say with an easy way to add an SMS from an unknown person to contacts or with a screen keypad or be able to reorder bookmarks) will only be on new hardware models.

any if you haven't installed the anycut application yet you should!

Guest Paul (MVP)

Bad news... i've just arranged to return it! B)

I might get another one SIM free on eBay, but I wasn't willing to swallow a new contract signup for it!

I'm bought into Exchange heavily I guess, so it doesn't fit well for me...

P

Guest psionandy
Bad news... i've just arranged to return it! B)

I might get another one SIM free on eBay, but I wasn't willing to swallow a new contract signup for it!

I'm bought into Exchange heavily I guess, so it doesn't fit well for me...

P

What was the web browsing experience like, compared to say opera 9.x on win mobile?

Guest acbanks
What was the web browsing experience like, compared to say opera 9.x on win mobile?

IMO the web browsing on the g1 blows away anything else out there, save maybe the iphone/itouch; however, I haven't had much experience with the winmo devices with bigger screens. (The omnia, the Touch HD, etc)

• 6 months later...
Guest teodor-tedy
IMO the web browsing on the g1 blows away anything else out there, save maybe the iphone/itouch; however, I haven't had much experience with the winmo devices with bigger screens. (The omnia, the Touch HD, etc)

Definitly the speed of opening the pages is higher at Android, especialy pages with java scripts. I compared with Iphone and HTC HD.

with normal surfing Iphone is just a little bit faster then HD but behind G1, the pages with lot of java scripts HD can finish the job but very slow, Iphone is three time faster and Android is doing it as is PC with with latest core to duo proc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.