S710 and O2 Pay As You Go? Tried everything....

Guest jim144

Hi,

Using a S710 which I've had for ages - it used to be on the employer's contract, but then I kept it when I was made redundant earlier in the year and switched to a PAYG SIM.

On contract, email and internet access worked fine.

On PAYG, nothing ever has. So far I have tried:

- calling 02. They say they have no record of the phone model and will not talk to me.

- calling HTC UK - they were helpful, but I completed everything they told me to do while on the phone to them, but still doesn't work.

- installing the Setup wizard for o2 from the Modaco sticky thread.

In every instance, when I try to run IE, I get "Error - the remote party has ended this connection".

Help please! Is there a foolproof way of getting this working on O2 PAYG?

Thanks,

Jim

Guest ICQEagle

You can definitely only blame O2 PAYG for that! Get them make the service work or quit it! But of course make sure that the GPRS/EDGE server is set correctly. Ask them for the server data and check them in the settings!

Edited by ICQEagle

Guest Neil5459

This is a network limitation.

O2 PAYG does NOT support Mobile Web connections, but only allows O2 WAP.

Via O2WAP, you can access anything in the ringfenced O2 WAP system, and O2 POP3 email, but you can't access the intermnet generally, nor standard POP3 email.

There are indications that this limitation has been lifted with the release of the new O2 XDA Zest, a PAYG fully featured Asus PDA, but you may need to obtain a new PAYG SIM card if this is the case.

If you need to contact O2 again, tell them you have an O2 Vox, which is O2's version of the S710.

This is a network limitation.

O2 PAYG does NOT support Mobile Web connections, but only allows O2 WAP.

Via O2WAP, you can access anything in the ringfenced O2 WAP system, and O2 POP3 email, but you can't access the intermnet generally, nor standard POP3 email.

There are indications that this limitation has been lifted with the release of the new O2 XDA Zest, a PAYG fully featured Asus PDA, but you may need to obtain a new PAYG SIM card if this is the case.

If you need to contact O2 again, tell them you have an O2 Vox, which is O2's version of the S710.

Thanks, I feared as much. Just as everyone's finally got used to my new mobile number B)

Is it possible to take my PAYG number to a contract if I decide to go that way?

Guest Neil5459
Thanks, I feared as much. Just as everyone's finally got used to my new mobile number B)

Is it possible to take my PAYG number to a contract if I decide to go that way?

You have a PM B)