Flashing ROM - "Incorrect software version!" tutorial

Guest mik3y

Worked a treat mik3y

Thanks a million been trying to work this one out for ages

Your a star

You're welcome ... i spent hours figure it out ... that was the reason i wrote this post ... B)

Guest jamie9090

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post but I noticed (bongolo seemed to have a similar problem).

I have a vodafone omnia but would like to get rid of all the vodafone branding and get back all the things they have removed.

I am new to flashing. The only thing that I have done is use the samsung official upgrader on their website to get the latest version but it is still vodafone.

I was wondering if there is any simple way of doing this and upgrading to to the official samsung version but not vodafone branded?

If so how do I go about doing this?

My current version details are:

PDA: i900XXHJ6/ACHJ2

PHONE: i900BUHJ1

Let me know if I should be providing any further information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jamie

(Ps: would changing to a debranded version affect my warranty with samsung?)

Guest Street northeast

i have pda i900DXHJ1/dzhj1 want to go back to the uk rom

i have changed to to uk, opened update with XVi32 and looked for the second from bottom i900XX and changed it to to i900DX and edited the reg "custom" string to xxhg1 with resco and i can't get it to work:( still getting incorrect software version

i have pda i900DXHJ1/dzhj1 want to go back to the uk rom

i have changed to to uk, opened update with XVi32 and looked for the second from bottom i900XX and changed it to to i900DX and edited the reg "custom" string to xxhg1 with resco and i can't get it to work:( still getting incorrect software version

Tell me what version is your phone now (check Omnia version, Start arrow_ver.gifSettings arrow_ver.gifSystem tab arrow_ver.gif Your version of Omnia menu). Also the UK firmware is taken from Samsung?

Also, after changing the country don't enter SIM pin or discard the message to change to your local operator.

Edited by mik3y

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post but I noticed (bongolo seemed to have a similar problem).

I have a vodafone omnia but would like to get rid of all the vodafone branding and get back all the things they have removed.

I am new to flashing. The only thing that I have done is use the samsung official upgrader on their website to get the latest version but it is still vodafone.

I was wondering if there is any simple way of doing this and upgrading to to the official samsung version but not vodafone branded?

If so how do I go about doing this?

My current version details are:

PDA: i900XXHJ6/ACHJ2

PHONE: i900BUHJ1

Let me know if I should be providing any further information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jamie

(Ps: would changing to a debranded version affect my warranty with samsung?)

Hello Jamie

I don't know any other way to do this ...

BACKUP FIRST (Including My Storage)!!!

Install Samsung modem driver!!!

To change to DXHJ1 you should:

1. Go to Samsung website, chose Philippines and download the firmware.

2. Change the phone to Philippines (see step 1) - after reboot don't enter SIM pin or discard the message to change to your local operator.

3. Change the version in the phone's registry to DXHH1 (see step 2).

4. Extract UPDATE.EXE (see step 3).

5. Hex edit UPDATE.EXE ... search for i900DX and change it to i900XX

6. Update the phone.

7. Change back to your country.

Flashing may kill your phone ...

Let me know if you succeed or if you have any questions/problems B)

You're welcome ... it should work for everyone if they made all the changes correctly. I've done it several times with different firmwares from Samsung website.

Mikey, (or anyone in the know!) I am desperate for your help! I have followed your guide but the following problems exist:

There is no "update.exe" in the temp file - just a file called "death~.exe" . Very worrying! This is after running the Samsung updater and leaving it running.

I am trying to upgrade to the official UK ROM from DXHH1 and have managed to change the registry entry to MSHG1 (the whole pda string is now i900DXHH!/MSHG1).

I can't seem to get any further. Any advice please?

Thanks

Mikey, (or anyone in the know!) I am desperate for your help! I have followed your guide but the following problems exist:

There is no "update.exe" in the temp file - just a file called "death~.exe" . Very worrying! This is after running the Samsung updater and leaving it running.

I am trying to upgrade to the official UK ROM from DXHH1 and have managed to change the registry entry to MSHG1 (the whole pda string is now i900DXHH!/MSHG1).

I can't seem to get any further. Any advice please?

Thanks

Execute the update file taken form Samsung and leave it open, then browse to "C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\" and copy UPDATE.exe to Desktop

So, UPDATE.exe should be in ...temp\IXP000.TMP\... not in ...temp\...

Also Go to Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View -> Show hidden files before.

After you have UPDATE.exe, hex edit it and change the second from bottom i900XX to i900DX.

Read the whole topic before, backup the phone and the internal memory.

Is this an obvious question?

Once you've copied the updater.exe file to desktop and edited it, do you have to paste it back into the temp file?

No, execute it from desktop.

Execute the update file taken form Samsung and leave it open, then browse to "C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\" and copy UPDATE.exe to Desktop

So, UPDATE.exe should be in ...temp\IXP000.TMP\... not in ...temp\...

Also Go to Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View -> Show hidden files before.

After you have UPDATE.exe, hex edit it and change the second from bottom i900XX to i900DX.

Read the whole topic before, backup the phone and the internal memory.

Sorry for appearing thick but I have never edited a hex file and I am nervous! I have the updater open and have found 5 instances of i900XX. Can you be more specific about "second from last"? What are the next characters or the address of the one that needs changing? Thanks.

Edited by pdes

Sorry for appearing thick but I have never edited a hex file and I am nervous! I have the updater open and have found 5 instances of i900XX. Can you be more specific about "second from last"? What are the next characters of the one that needs changing? Thanks.

Well, it's very easy ... you have 2 pictures attached in my first post ... and i was very clear - go to bottom, click search, select search direction up and change the second value found.

Thanks for the info. I've just ordered an omnia from vodafone UK so once I receive it I'll probably want to get rid of the voda junk and this thread should make it easy.

Thanks again

Pete

Well, it's very easy ... you have 2 pictures attached in my first post ... and i was very clear - go to bottom, click search, select search direction up and change the second value found.

Thanks again - stupidly I joined the thread via a search engine and without looking at the original posts!

Thanks for the info. I've just ordered an omnia from vodafone UK so once I receive it I'll probably want to get rid of the voda junk and this thread should make it easy.

Thanks again

Pete

You're welcome, let me know if it's working B).

Guest romulao

Friends tried to upgrade soon:

1 - Did you change the menu, chose Singapore tb

* Press the 'Dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer

* With the onscreen keypad input * # * # 1,546,792

* Select 'Preconfiguration' Enter code * 81,230 * # * # and select OK

* Select 'Singapore', with the default Operator

* Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET

* Run update, and all should be well.

2 - Decrease in Samsung's website the latest firmware Bureau for Singapore.

3 - I did all the correct procedures, Syncronizei, full battery etc. ....

Well, in time to install gave error of compatibility.

I tried to move to other countries and download the firmware of the country and continued by mistake.

Do you have a procedure that I am doing wrong?

[] 'S.

Guest roccoennicole

Hi I have a vodafone i900v Dutch

the version PDA : i900XKHG5/ARHG5

Phone : i900BUHG5

I would like it to be unbranded and update to the latest official samsung rom

Can you please tell me if this is possible and which rom to download and the procedure to use........

What I've done so far is download the i900_Dutch_XKHJ3.exe from secany. which seems to be the latest dutch rom unbranded

Sorry I have to ask but read all threads and also the other one from secany...I'm pretty confused right now....and dont want to break my phone.

BTW thanx for all you've done so far...hope you're still motivated.....must eat up a lot of you're time.

Edited by roccoennicole

Guest rahman2k7

hi, i flashed my sister's omnia to the rom posted by paul the pda version is: I900DTHJ9/LTE01, phone version:i900xxhj1, and now shes really mad at me, and im tryin to flash it back to teh officail samsung firmware, i get the incorrect version, but whn i open registyedit on my phone, i cannot change the version, ive got its unbranded/unlocked, but im using it on the orange network can someone please help, you can pm me to get my email and try and sort this out, it will be very much appreciated!! THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP SO FAR

Edited by rahman2k7

Well, I have been trying for days to get the combinations right so I have given it my best shot - and failed! No matter what I configure I always get the "incorrect sofware version" message. So, I am laying at the feet of the experts and asking for a simple guide. I have no problem with the mechanics - (now!) with Hex edit and registry changes.

In short I am currently on PDA i900DXHH1\DXHH1 and want to upgrade to the new UK ROM, MSHJ1. What do I need to add to the Update file and what should I put in the Omnia registry? I have re-set the phone to UK. TIA

Guest rahman2k7
hi, i flashed my sister's omnia to the rom posted by paul the pda version is: I900DTHJ9/LTE01, phone version:i900xxhj1, and now shes really mad at me, and im tryin to flash it back to teh officail samsung firmware, i get the incorrect version, but whn i open registyedit on my phone, i cannot change the version, ive got its unbranded/unlocked, but im using it on the orange network can someone please help, you can pm me to get my email and try and sort this out, it will be very much appreciated!! THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP SO FAR

Hi just an update, i used total commander to edit the registery with success, but it i get the same error inccorrect software version, so help please!!

You're welcome, it's working now?

Sadly no :rolleyes: . I posted again a little later with my predicament. If you take a look at the post maybe you can put me straight. Thanks

Hi folks

got my omnia from vodafone uk today.

First, tried my orange sim in and it works! So its network unlocked I guess.

Pressed the call button and tried to enter the *#1546792*# using the onscreen dialler but nothing happens. Tried call button after entering data and holding final # down but not working.

Any ideas?

i900XXHH1/ACHH1

Hi folks

got my omnia from vodafone uk today.

First, tried my orange sim in and it works! So its network unlocked I guess.

Pressed the call button and tried to enter the *#1546792*# using the onscreen dialler but nothing happens. Tried call button after entering data and holding final # down but not working.

Any ideas?

i900XXHH1/ACHH1

Hello ... when you press the final # the administrator menu should appear ... try to search for this problem on the net ... or try to use an vodafone sim ... or try to update to the latest vodafone firmware and after that try again ...