Flashing ROM - "Incorrect software version!" tutorial

Guest mik3y

Guest adidaspt

Hi! I'm from portugal.. i think its not working for me! I had the first original portuguese rom... upgrade to TARIL's rom (i900DXHL2/OMNIA) what should i do to install the I900BBHJ2. I have a problem with my MIC... need to activate the samsung warranty...:S

Guest liquid84

Hey guys,

So I hear that the Secret Admin menu shortcut doesn't work on the Vodafone ROM's. Is there a way to use Grandprix or some other software to update to a non Vodafone ROM and then be able to further update to the official Samsung ROM's.

My version is: PDA: i900XXHH1/JBHH1 PHONE: BUHH1

And I'm stuck with the Vodafone ROM full of Vodafone software etc.

And, will the Garmin GPS Software still work 100% after the update??

Guest icaro911

Ah.. there's something I forgot to tell that I also did: the procedure to change the country. I changed the country to Singapore. The original was Portugal if I'm not wrong... but it does not have anything related to the problem of "empty key" at Windows registry. Or I'm wrong?

I was not able to find these keys to change the value yet... tried 3 or 4 registry editors... :)

Thx. :D

To change the country I did:

Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer

With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#

Select 'Preconfiguration'

Enter code *#81230*# and select OK

Select 'Singapore', with the default Operator

Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET

So I hear that the Secret Admin menu shortcut doesn't work on the Vodafone ROM's. Is there a way to use Grandprix or some other software to update to a non Vodafone ROM and then be able to further update to the official Samsung ROM's.

My version is: PDA: i900XXHH1/JBHH1 PHONE: BUHH1

And I'm stuck with the Vodafone ROM full of Vodafone software etc.

And, will the Garmin GPS Software still work 100% after the update??

I'd also like to know the answer to these. From what I've gathered so far the only solution is to flash a cooked rom first then try again. (Does anyone know of an alternative method??)

I think the Garmin software will need to be re-installed after flashing.

Guest Omniolic

I just tried to update my Vodafone phone from ACHH1 to ACHJ2 using the vista updater from the Samsung website, but it says that my firmware is up to date even though the phone is still showed as being ACHH1 under version. Can anyone help?

Guest icaro911
I just tried to update my Vodafone phone from ACHH1 to ACHJ2 using the vista updater from the Samsung website, but it says that my firmware is up to date even though the phone is still showed as being ACHH1 under version. Can anyone help?

The beginning of this topic explain it... you need to change the software version at Windows registry... Good lucky if you can, because here my registry is empty... :)

Guest zorglub667

im copying this from my other thread since i now realized that it might get a much better chance to be seen here, so, sorry for the double post:

desperately trying to update my device, and also change the language from german to english (so that wisbar & co work, all those

fancy themes mostly just dont work because the file paths are hardcoded to "storage card", which of course isnt what its

called in german).

found all these awesome threads...yet, heres my problem:

the essential part seems to be to change the country of the device, by entering the code *#1546792*#

this doesnt work on my device (german t-mobile). ive read through all the threads and apparently some other people had the same problem with vodafone. i didnt find any answers to this problem other than "try first updating to your latest rom", which i did. didnt help.

by googling i found a recommendation for the same problem to first update to a "generic" rom, but that was from the i600 (or whatever its called) forum.

anyone who can help me?

Guest x_iceman_x

My version

PDA - i900JPHI5/JPHI5

Phone - i900JVHI3

Do i need to replace my rom?

Also tried downloading from official samsung site and got error message. "The version you entered is incorrect. Pls. Check your omnia version and try again" I entered JPHI5.

At zorglub667 and people having trouble with Voda ROMs, do yourself a favour and update to a generic, cooked ROM like the one I linked in my previous post. After this you can enter your code to change the country and update to an official ROM - although you probably won't want to. :)

Simplest way is to get a ROM that's been packed as an .exe file.

Guest Larsson

Hi excellent tutorial all respect to you. Works very well.

I however have the following problem, have searched on Modaco and Google without any luck.

The phone boots fine and it syncs with my pc with no problem. I can copy files in install apps. If I plug in the usb cable and reset my phone for flashing, the phone just sits on the Samsung Omnia (First Boot) Screen. If i pull the usb and reset the phone it boots up fine. I have also tried two other pc's. For some reason the phone willnot pass the bootloader if the usb is plugged in no matter if flashing or not. Has anyone else had this problem?

This worked fine until upgraded to this PDA/PHONE ROM.

PDA: I900DXHJ1/DXHJ1

PHONE: i900DXHJ1

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Edited by Larsson

Hi excellent tutorial all respect to you. Works very well.

I however have the following problem, have searched on Modaco and Google without any luck.

The phone boots fine and it syncs with my pc with no problem. I can copy files in install apps. If I plug in the usb cable and reset my phone for flashing, the phone just sits on the Samsung Omnia (First Boot) Screen. If i pull the usb and reset the phone it boots up fine. I have also tried two other pc's. For some reason the phone willnot pass the bootloader if the usb is plugged in no matter if flashing or not. Has anyone else had this problem?

This worked fine until upgraded to this PDA/PHONE ROM.

PDA: I900DXHJ1/DXHJ1

PHONE: i900DXHJ1

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Try Hard Reset first ... and then flash it to DXHK3 ...

At zorglub667 and people having trouble with Voda ROMs, do yourself a favour and update to a generic, cooked ROM like the one I linked in my previous post. After this you can enter your code to change the country and update to an official ROM - although you probably won't want to. :)

Simplest way is to get a ROM that's been packed as an .exe file.

Yeap ... I've said the same thing before ... but not everyone seems to read the entire topic:P

The beginning of this topic explain it... you need to change the software version at Windows registry... Good lucky if you can, because here my registry is empty... :)

No, is not empty ... there are two sections in the registry editor ... path (or key) and values ... first you have to navigate to HKCU/ControlPanel/Version ... then click Values on then screen (left button) ...

Guest Clairvoyant
No, is not empty ... there are two sections in the registry editor ... path (or key) and values ... first you have to navigate to HKCU/ControlPanel/Version ... then click Values on then screen (left button) ...

I have the folders but I cant see anything else, unlike my xp reg i can see and scroll through the lot. the omnia has nothing.

Guest aca2302

My first rom is

i900 PDA:I900XXHJ4/RNHJ1,PHONE:i900XXHI5,

and new rom is custom rom from MoDaCo post

i900 PDA:I900DXHL3/RNHJ1,PHONE:i900DXHL3

how can i go back to the first rom?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Larsson
Try Hard Reset first ... and then flash it to DXHK3 ...

Thanks for reply but have tried hard reset to no avail.

Phone will just not start up when connected to pc with usb. As said tried various computers and operating systems but still the same.

So basically I have a phone I cannot upgrade with new firmware.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Larsson

Guest icaro911

mikey... I click at values when I am at Version... but there are no values inside there to be modified! I've already tried 1909328083058203 times... lol

So? :)

mikey... I click at values when I am at Version... but there are no values inside there to be modified! I've already tried 1909328083058203 times... lol

So? :)

Try an custom ROM that won't need any changes ... then follow my first post to flash to an official ROM.

Guest aca2302

My first rom is

i900 PDA:I900XXHJ4/RNHJ1,PHONE:i900XXHI5,

and new rom is custom rom from MoDaCo post

i900 PDA:I900DXHL3/RNHJ1,PHONE:i900DXHL3

how can i go back to the first rom?

Thanks in advance.

Guest adidaspt
Hi! I'm from portugal.. i think its not working for me! I had the first original portuguese rom... upgrade to TARIL's rom (i900DXHL2/OMNIA) what should i do to install the I900BBHJ2. I have a problem with my MIC... need to activate the samsung warranty...:S

Can anyone help? would be wonderfull cause my MIC is very bad.. people hardly understand me! :S

First of all i must say that i am very confused...i finally managed to unbraned my phone thx to ratcom's help and now i have MSHJ1 version...i heard that the DXHK3 version is the best official rom on the market...can u pls help me mik3y whith your precious advises to flash my phone...pls pls help me...ty very much

Guest x_iceman_x

Can you help me Mik3y?

Version PDA - i900JPHI5/JPHI5 : i900JVHI3

target rom DXHK3

I followed your procedure:

1. Changed phone country to Philippines.

2. Regedit to DXHJ1

3. Hexedit to the second instance from the bottom to i900XX

Still Incorrect software version, but when i hexedit to i900JP it passed.

When downloading 1st file reaches 10% always got the message "Image upgrade fail. Please manually reset the device and execute the program again.

Pls. help me, want to upgrade to DXHK3.