Flashing ROM - "Incorrect software version!" tutorial

Guest mik3y

In a previous post you said that you have "PDA: i900DXHH3/DZHH3 " ... now "I have DXHH3 in both PDA and Phone." ... so witch one is correct?

Did I said that I have DZ? I don't think so.

My version is DXHH3 and I'm trying from the last 2 months to update my Omnia. Any help outside?

Can you pls help me Mik3y?

I want to upgrade to i900XBHL1 nordic

PDA :I900DXHK2/DXHK2

Phone:I900DXHK2

Changed phone country to nordic

I dont know what to Changed Regedit to and Hexedit to ?

Help

My version is DXHH3 and I'm trying from the last 2 months to update my Omnia. Any help outside?

Read your previous posts ...

Read your previous posts ...

Did it...that is why...but, that is not the problem now.

My FW is DXHH3 and it always was this one, because I never could update it.

The problem is that I can't update my FW. :-O

Hi i have a Omnia on orange and i am trying to upgrade it, but when i get my version up it says : PDA :i900DXHL2 but nothing after it also my Phone : i900XXHG5 again nothing after it, so how do i know what version i have. Thanks

Did it...that is why...but, that is not the problem now.

My FW is DXHH3 and it always was this one, because I never could update it.

The problem is that I can't update my FW. :-O

Well .. i suppose that you've read the topic ... There are 3 components of the phone version: i900XXXXX/XXXXX XXXXX ... in order to flash it you need all of them ...

Edited by mik3y

Hi i have a Omnia on orange and i am trying to upgrade it, but when i get my version up it says : PDA :i900DXHL2 but nothing after it also my Phone : i900XXHG5 again nothing after it, so how do i know what version i have. Thanks

It's hard to tell because i haven't seen any branded Omnia. You can try to flash to an custom ROM and then follow my first post to flash it to an official one.

Well .. i suppose that you've read the topic ... There are 3 components of the phone version: i900XXXXX/XXXXX XXXXX ... in order to flash it you need all of them ...

Read all the answers and tried many things, but nothing yet.

I'm attaching my VERSION window so you can see that I only have 2 components, at least from the last HARD RESET when I change the PRECONFIGURATION.

post-448131-1232735292_thumb.jpg

Guest marinarul

Hi guys

I am trying to flush a custom rom but unfortunately I got "incorrect rom version"

My current version is:

PDA: i900DTHJ5/DTHJ%

Phone:i900XXHJ1

I am trying to flast to this rom i900DXHK3_updater_xp official Samsung and then to

DXHL3 FINAL

Pls I need a guide to do it

Thanks in advance

Guest Nightrid3r

Hi all!

I have a small problem, I have just completed step one of first post and the device has hard reset. But now I am stuck at the align screen step and every time I "align my screen" it starts over!

Thanks in advance!!

Guest Ray of Sunshine
After hours of searching trough the internet i managed to figure out how to flash any ROM from Samsung official website http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp

One week ago i flashed my Omnia to DXHJ1 (main benefit is the battery lifetime - 4 days using only phone vs. 2 days on XXHI1), yesterday i found the new ROM for UK MSHJ1 and i was curious about the changes so I've decided to try it.

How to solve "Incorrect software version!"

First check ROM version, you'll need it later (To find your Omnia version, please click Start arrow_ver.gifSettings arrow_ver.gifSystem tab arrow_ver.gif Your version of Omnia menu. )

My first ROM was: PDA : i900XXHI1/XFHI1 - PHONE i900XXHH9

Second: PDA : i900DXHJ1/DXHJ1 - PHONE i900DXHJ1

Third: PDA : i900XXHJ4/MSHJ1 - PHONE i900XXHI5

What i did to change it from DXHJ1/DXHJ1 to XXHJ4/MSHJ1:

1. Change the phone to UK (thanks to Paul's post - http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-r...re-version-fix/ )

• Press the 'dial' key to the left of the optical pad to bring up the dialer
  • With the onscreen keypad input *#1546792*#
  • Select 'Preconfiguration'
  • Enter code *#81230*# and select OK
  • Select 'UK', with the default Operator
  • Accept this, DEVICE WILL HARD RESET
  • Run update, and all should be well.

2. Change the version in the phone's registry (from DXHJ1 to XXHG1 - to be inferior to XXHJ1, otherwise you'll get ".. already the latest version ..." message)

- upload regedit.exe to phone

- change HKCU\Control Panel\Version\CustomVersion from DXHJ1 to XXHG1

3. Execute the update file taken form Samsung and leave it open, then browse to "C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\" and copy UPDATE.exe to Desktop.

4. Hex edit UPDATE.exe. (i've used xvi32)

- open file in editor

- scroll to the end of file

- search up (or from end) for i900XX

- change the second result to i900DX

- save and exit

5. Flash the phone using hex edited UPDATE.exe :D .

6. Change back to your country. (see step 1).

BACKUP YOUR PHONE BEFORE FLASHING. "MY STORAGE" WILL BE FORMATED!!! SO COPY ALL YOUR FILES BEFORE FLASHING.

BE SURE YOU HAVE SAMSUNG MODEM INSTALLED.

I used this method to go back to DXHJ1 because i didn't like the UK version (Network cannot be dragged to widget's bar, Opera build was older).

Flashing may kill the phone. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Okay so I am reading this forum like crazy to get my Omnia to be able to be updated on the samsung website. It is unlocked from Tmobile UK but not unbranded.

Looking at previous codes on the forums it seems I have a UK phone that was produced in august 2008 (I got it in Jan 2009). But when I try to update on the Samsung site it says version incorrect. But before I try and invalidate my warranty :) can you tell me if there is a better firmware upgrade for my phone? Details:

Version PDA: i900XXHH7/BOHH5

Phone: i900BOHH2

I would like to make my Omnia sing & dance but I have untrained techi feet...I like tinkering but I am no expert so please be kind :) Maybe one day I will dance like a like an electronic breakdancer!

Edited by Ray of Sunshine

Guest mh21ttn

hello!

For first sorry for my english :)

now i upgraded my omnia to DZHK3, that is singapore version. My old rom was XIHJ3

For long time i tried to change my rom because i buy't from Italy, and the language italian.

Now i,m happy that i do it, i have english rom

Unfortunatly i have windows 7 on my PC, than i tried with other PC with Vista, and nothing, all my friends have vista, then i found an PC that have XP.

I followed the steps and everything now it's OK.

1 question: my version is now: 

PDA: DXHK3/DZHK3

Phone: XIHK3

I whont to know if it's normaly this XIHK3. Because i never seet this kind of version on omnia. (XI is for Italy, wath is dooing in singapore's rom? )

The phone is OK, every thing is OK, bluetooth, GPS, touch beter.

That is.

AND I'M NOT FORGOT: MANY THANCK'S TO PROFESOR THAT HAVE INITIATED THIS TOPIC.

hello!

For first sorry for my english :)

now i upgraded my omnia to DZHK3, that is singapore version. My old rom was XIHJ3

For long time i tried to change my rom because i buy't from Italy, and the language italian.

Now i,m happy that i do it, i have english rom

Unfortunatly i have windows 7 on my PC, than i tried with other PC with Vista, and nothing, all my friends have vista, then i found an PC that have XP.

I followed the steps and everything now it's OK.

1 question: my version is now:

PDA: DXHK3/DZHK3

Phone: XIHK3

I whont to know if it's normaly this XIHK3. Because i never seet this kind of version on omnia. (XI is for Italy, wath is dooing in singapore's rom? )

The phone is OK, every thing is OK, bluetooth, GPS, touch beter.

That is.

AND I'M NOT FORGOT: MANY THANCK'S TO PROFESOR THAT HAVE INITIATED THIS TOPIC.

Thanks ... your phone is ok ... since your phone component was already HK3, the updater probably skip it ... so it remains from the italian version :D.

Okay so I am reading this forum like crazy to get my Omnia to be able to be updated on the samsung website. It is unlocked from Tmobile UK but not unbranded.

Looking at previous codes on the forums it seems I have a UK phone that was produced in august 2008 (I got it in Jan 2009). But when I try to update on the Samsung site it says version incorrect. But before I try and invalidate my warranty :) can you tell me if there is a better firmware upgrade for my phone? Details:

Version PDA: i900XXHH7/BOHH5

Phone: i900BOHH2

I would like to make my Omnia sing & dance but I have untrained techi feet...I like tinkering but I am no expert so please be kind :D Maybe one day I will dance like a like an electronic breakdancer!

Yes, you can try UK version MSHJ1, Philippine version DXHK3 or Singapore - DZHK3 (i'm using the last one). Download any firmware and follow the steps, also read the entire topic before flashing.

Guest Maverick440

Hi Im trying to flash back to an offical Samsung Rom and need some help please.

Ive downloaded from samsung the following which i beleve is a UK Rom: i900MSHJ1 updater

My current phone version is:

PDA: i900DXIA1/XXHG1

PHONE: i900DXHL3

Ive followed theinstructions, butI cant get the phone to update:

Please can somone let me know what i have to change in the phone regestry and what to change with the hex editor in the UPDATE.exe file please

Guest omniafortmobileusa

I am in the same boat as you :). I tried downloading the singapore, insonesia, and phillipines versions from Samsung's site and they all say "incorrect software version"

Please help.

I want a rom in english that I can use here in the USA. Thanks.

I am in the same boat as you :) . I tried downloading the singapore, insonesia, and phillipines versions from Samsung's site and they all say "incorrect software version"

Please help.

I want a rom in english that I can use here in the USA. Thanks.

Like i said before, try to flash to an older or custom ROM, and then follow the steps to flash to any official ROM. (please read the whole topic).

Like i said before, try to flash to an older or custom ROM, and then follow the steps to flash to any official ROM. (please read the whole topic).

Tried with the i900DXHJ1_updater_vista and received the same error message.

Where can I get an older one?

Tried with the i900DXHJ1_updater_vista and received the same error message.

Where can I get an older one?

You have to change the country to Philippines in order to flash DXHJ1 ... Try ROMs from Paul's topic ...

You have to change the country to Philippines in order to flash DXHJ1 ... Try ROMs from Paul's topic ...

Tried with DX because of my phone is DXHH3.

In fact, the DXHJ1 I've tried it's from his posts!

My initial version was PDA I900BPHJ4/UHHJ3 phone i900XXHJ1, I then flashed to Taril's DXHL3 final and I would like to go back to UHHJ3, what would be the steps?

Thanks in advance

Edited by samy1

My initial version was PDA I900BPHJ4/UHHJ3 phone i900XXHJ1, I then flashed to Taril's DXHL3 final and I would like to go back to UHHJ3, what would be the steps?

Thanks in advance

I have managed to flash the official DZHK3 and now trying to flash the UHHJ3, it says verified, reboots the phone and at the first step 1st file downloading, it finishes the download and says download failed

Guest killeriq

Hello,

I have Omnia i900 from Slovakia

PDA:i900BPHJ3/NYHJ1

TELEFON:i900XXHI5

When i try to update from page its saying that version what i put is incorrect

http://www.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia...y=uk&os=xp#

Does anybody did a successful flash for that? Cos i have it in Czech lang and i would like to put english over there, thx

I tried to Change it to UK, Singapore hex edit the updater by guide...but still Incorrect version message...I want just any english firmware

Please can u advice which to download and what to change with regedit and hex? thx a lot !

Guest jarbolino

My Omnia

PDA: i900XXHJ1/XFHJ1

PHONE:i900XXHI5

I reset mu Omnia to Singapore.. like 4 times...

and still in this version.. How I can update my Omnia??