mephisto75

Remote Control

6 posts in this topic

hi there

some days ago i posted a topic dealing with this issue. I cant believe it. It seems that nobody is really intrested in this.

I thought it would be a good idea to explain my idea in more detail.

The basic idea is to build a hardware that controls any media player without touching the Omnia. You all know the ecxisting headphone jack... that is how see the new one! Of course this one will have a power jack so that you can charge while listening to music.

post-445916-1228000891_thumb.jpg

HAS ANYBODY ANY DETAILS ON THE SAMSUNG CONNECTOR!!!

I ALSO HAVE NO IDEA ON HOW TO INTERPRETE THE HARDWARE COMMANDS IN THE OMNIA

i am actually a hardware designer but also did some programmin for windows so im familiar with the basic of programming

any intial idea is appreciated

a bluetooth one might be easier B)

Good idea, but i doubt that it will be easier. I dont know of any controller in the market that can deal with a bluetooth profile or stack but there are a lot that can handle usb.

And with bluetooth again you would have the problem with running out of power using the omnia in your car.

But thanks for the suggestion

if you just need the basic functions you show in the picture, then any BT A2DP headset with a miniJack input will do the job..

and you can still plug your phone on power since the samsung connector is free.. may not be the best solution for car, though.

hi there

some days ago i posted a topic dealing with this issue. I cant believe it. It seems that nobody is really intrested in this.

I thought it would be a good idea to explain my idea in more detail.

The basic idea is to build a hardware that controls any media player without touching the Omnia. You all know the ecxisting headphone jack... that is how see the new one! Of course this one will have a power jack so that you can charge while listening to music.

post-445916-1228000891_thumb.jpg

HAS ANYBODY ANY DETAILS ON THE SAMSUNG CONNECTOR!!!

I ALSO HAVE NO IDEA ON HOW TO INTERPRETE THE HARDWARE COMMANDS IN THE OMNIA

i am actually a hardware designer but also did some programmin for windows so im familiar with the basic of programming

any intial idea is appreciated

I think this thread might help you abit regarding the connection

Thanks for the link

I already had a look there but the discription of the connector is not complete.

To find a starting point, I opend the headphone connector that comes with the Omnia.

I thought that the engineers at samsung have used a usb connection to set up the function of the connector, but all you can find there is a wired connection which means that they have spend some of the 20 pins to directly link the function to a controller somewhere in the phone. so this didnt lead anywhere.

post-445916-1228255900_thumb.jpg

post-445916-1228255882_thumb.jpg

I have to furter investigate to find out more about the other pins of the connector.

At least I know which pins are needed to use usb