X1 Weather feature not working

Guest sinet2020

Guest sinet2020

Hi,

I have had my X1 for about a month now and still cannot get it to display the weather on the xperia panel. I get the weather logo but when I click it, it opens Opera and goes to Accuweather.com. Is it not supposed to show the weather?

Thanks

Simon

Edited by sinet2020

Guest bharat4ever

The panel fetches the details about the weather from the site accuweather. If you have gprs or wifi access, let it complete whatever it does on the site, then you will see that the weather is uptated.

An alternative is, if you connect your phone to a pc which is connected to the internet, it can fetch the details.

• 1 month later...
Guest sinet2020

Hi,

Best thing to do is change your location, I have mine set to Manchester and i dont receive weather. Change it to London and it works. It seems some (quite a lot) of locations dont work!

Guest Shuflie
Hi,

Best thing to do is change your location, I have mine set to Manchester and i dont receive weather. Change it to London and it works. It seems some (quite a lot) of locations dont work!

That seems a bit pointless, if you're in Manchester why would you want to know what the weather is like in London? Besides, if you're in Manchester you know its going to rain. :(

Guest penguin

i was looking at this ages ago & surprised no one on xda has sorted it but this is a post i posted over there in novemeber

if think i've tracked down where the citys are stored it looks like all the City's & their accuweather codes are compiled into a dll on the phone & most the UK codes are incorrect. (I just compared my local code on my X1 compared with the code that the firefox plugin uses)

So either it's a problem for Sony to fix or the DLL needs to be decompiled & rebuilt

• 1 year later...