Panels on Touch HD - installer!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
hdpanels.png
I've been having a play getting Panels running on the Touch HD, and thought i'd put a CAB up of my efforts so far... i'm working to make the experience even better... consider this EARLY BETA! B)

What's hot...

- It works
- No 'Panels' button the HD of course, so you get a Panels icon on the start menu
- Performance of the actual panels is great
- It works
- AppToDate support for future updates

What's not so hot (yet)...

- It takes a few seconds for the panel select app to open
- The FM Radio and Media Xperience panels don't work properly on the HD (is the FM Radio panel outputting via extUSB?)
- The TouchFlo 3D plugin has to be disabled or pressing the home key returns you to TF3D (working on fix)

What's coming up

- Speed boost!
- Option to map to hardware button
- Requests?

What you need to do to install

- Disable TF3D from Start -> Settings -> Today -> Items
- Install main CAB from below
- REBOOT
- Run Panels from the start menu to choose panel
- Optionally install additional panels from the links below

Downloads

- Main install: http://www.apptodate.org/panels-blackstone.cab
- Media Xperience Panel (not working on HD correctly): panel_media.cab- FM Radio Panel (not working on HD correctly): panel_radio.cab
- SPB Mobile Shell, Facebook, Dashwire, WMLive and more Panels at SonyEricsson.com: direct link

Enjoy! B)

P

panel_google.cab

Guest Paul (MVP)

Yeah, I did see that... had a look this morning and there was nothing to download, so figured i'd have a play. No harm IMHO as you say... since I had an already package-split dump of the X1 and a real X1 it wasn't too much bother to have a snoop around... B)

P

Guest Cendaryn
B)

At which point?

P

Each time when I select a panel B)

The panel zooms and then the panels stays on the screen (fe with wrong time or place - the clock panel) and nothing happens. options and update softkeys do not respond...

Guest ILikeFish
Well, doesn't work for me. Locks up the device B) But I followed your instructions...

It works for me, apart from the facebook panel (which is also known not to work on the xda-devs version). I haven't tried the ones Paul says don't work.

I doubt I'll continue to use it in it's current form, but it's a good proof of concept!

J

Guest Johnny72

Doesn't work for me. I've got an error when REBOOT: cannot open file PanelManager. Digital sign error.

Edit: if I go in Program\PanelManager\panelmanager.exe

it works...

How do I go out from a panel and go in another one??

Edited by Johnny72

Guest Johnny72

MMM... ok but if select the panel with the clock, I cannot select, after, another panel... each time I go in Start-Panel it open's the clock one... I had to kill the process with SKtools

It didn't happen with the "fish" panel...

Other problem: I installed google.cab and facebook.cab but I don't see them when I open the panel loader... ok... found out!! You have to select theme in the manager

Edited by Johnny72

Guest Johnny72

Ok my report for you:

First at all: ITALY TIM ROM.

I downloaded all the panel you linked here and facebook from SE:

- If I select a panel and then i close it, then I select a second panel... it doesn't work no more, or at least it turn back to the last panel loaded;

- facebook panel doesn't work. I launch it, he connect his self... but then nothing happens;

- google panel work but loads internet explorer instead of opera.

...and for now it's all

Guest montecristoffon
Next release will fix functionality for non English ROMs...

P

Hi Paul,

Many thanks for this!

It's fully fonctionnal on my french Blackstone (stock french ROM).

Also, I add that the panels interface is in french.

B)

Edited by montecristoffon