Is this the New G2? . . . wow!

Guest firewired

Guest firewired

Just came across this as I was curious as to the real reason T-Mobile started giving a better contract deal in return for a free G1?

Now you can get one for FREE on a Flext 30 contract (£30), including 8GB MicroSD card, with inclusive internet which is an awesome deal in itself!

However, one might obviously think that it is a Christmas marketing ploy to get sales moving as current upgrades are deferred until after the new year, which could be part of the reason, but my other thought was is there a G2 round the corner as a drop in price could signify that there is a new model on the way?

Well, look what I have found with a simple G2 Google search . . . now if this is for real then it looks absolutely awesome!

http://www.androidg2.org/

I guess it is more likely something derived from a wishlist of thousands as comment posting on the page is disabled which makes me think the images are mock-ups, as I can't see it being something Google/T-Mobile and HTC would care to make known so soon. They would prefer to keep it all under wraps I am sure!

But still would be nice if it were to turn out like those images suggest!

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere, I have tried a site seach here but it came up with errors for some reason.

Edited by firewired

Guest Chinpokomon

As I recall, this is simply a mock up about what one user thinks should be done for the G2. This is not the G2 or related in any way to any model phone to actually follow the G1. If a subsequent phone looks like this, it is simply coincidence. B)

Guest Swampie

Unfortunately, the screen edges are too narrow for any serious device. Having the screen so close to the edge of the phone could cause the screen to break with even pretty minor knocks or drops.

There's practically 0% chance of this being an actual device.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.