Cases

Guest MikeWard1701

Guest MikeWard1701

Hi all, just wondering what cases you're using to carry and protect your shiny new Touch HDs. B)

I've seen many leather ones about that open or fold in various ways, even seen a few silicon skins, and crystal cases starting to surface.

Whats your choice and which is best?

Edited by MikeWard1701

Guest billybear
Hi all, just wondering what cases you're using to carry and protect your shiny new Touch HDs. B)

I've seen many leather ones about that open or fold in various ways, even seen a few silicon skins, and crystal cases starting to surface.

Whats your choice and which is best?

Where did you see the crystal case?

What I really want is a ADVERTISING SPAM black aluminium case, but unfortunetly there not yet available. So a crystal might just do for now!

Used these before and they really give you some good heavy duty protection and piece of mind. The IPOD Touch version is a particualy good fit but the Vario2 was slightly oversize, so just hoping they do a good job on this one.

Guest MikeWard1701
Where did you see the crystal case?

What I really want is a ADVERTISING SPAM black aluminium case, but unfortunetly there not yet available. So a crystal might just do for now!

Used these before and they really give you some good heavy duty protection and piece of mind. The IPOD Touch version is a particualy good fit but the Vario2 was slightly oversize, so just hoping they do a good job on this one.

Found them on eBay, though with all things on 'the bay' quality will vary.

Only other place ive seen a silicon skin has been eXpansys, but with no proper image and a price tag of £11.99 I'm not willing to risk it.

I'm personally torn between the silicon skin and a crystal case, not sure which will be best. Like the silicon as it doesnt alter the size too much and add extra grip, wjereas the crystal looks more hardwearing.

There's also the question of which is easier to remove on the go in the event you need to reset the HD.

Guest billybear
There's also the question of which is easier to remove on the go in the event you need to reset the HD.

Thats another reason I like the aluminium cases they let you easily remove the phone so I can put it in my Brodit car holder

Guest TheNerd

Just posted about the Krusell HTC Touch HD Orbit Flex Multidapt Case over in another topic for sporty armband holsters if anybody is interested. Looks like a nice leather case but I'm not totally sure about the functionality. I would like to see more photos especially of the back of the case like the ADVERTISING SPAM ones. Looks rather nice though if the cost is not an issue.

I just purchased a silicone case from US Element on ebay and must say that its excellent. I am planning on using a screen protector to protect from scratches to allow for maximum access with protection.

Guest MikeWard1701

For those of you looking for a potential silicon case, mooro1973 of YouTube has uploaded a

of both a silicon case/skin and a leather case.

According to mooro, the silicon case is very good for its ~£3.50 eBay price tag, its only drawback being no hole for the status LED within the power button.

Incidentally, this, and other videos you may find interesting can be viewed in my Mobile Phones & PDAs playlist.

Guest jonajuna

ive got the krussell on order, always had them and have the car clip fitted from my last (2) htc's. i know some dont like them, but i do. not cheap mind but can be got for less than £20 if you shop around

• 1 month later...
Guest Kyle Gordon
I ordered an aluminium case from ADVERTISING SPAM. Would it protect the screen or do I need a screen protector?

It says "With transparent plastic protection." - so I would assume not.

Guest Kyle Gordon

I've just ordered a ADVERTISING SPAM Aluminium case, so hope it goes well. My initial thoughts were "Oh well, just remove the phone from the case when mounting in the car" - and then I spotted the car mount that clips on to the belt clip of the ADVERTISING SPAM case :-)

Supah!

ive got the krussell on order, always had them and have the car clip fitted from my last (2) htc's. i know some dont like them, but i do. not cheap mind but can be got for less than £20 if you shop around

I used to swear by Krussell but IMO the quality has really gone downhill of late. The one I got for a Treo Pro was appalling - none of the button holes lined up and the whole thing was twisted and looked a mess. The leather isn't that good either, and the poor fit just makes them look cheap.

I used to swear by Krussell but IMO the quality has really gone downhill of late. The one I got for a Treo Pro was appalling - none of the button holes lined up and the whole thing was twisted and looked a mess. The leather isn't that good either, and the poor fit just makes them look cheap.

I agree. I've used Krussell cases on most of my phones. But not anymore.

I ordered one for my wife's K850i and it simply didn't fit. On top of that it just didn't look well made, for the above reasons.

At the moment I'm using the cloth pouch that came with the phone and I'm very happy with it.

I have HTC's silicon case on pre-order with Expansys. It's not due for a couple of weeks, so we'll have to see if it's worth the extra over cheaper, ebay silicon cases.

Edited by sponge

I'm trialling another ADVERTISING SPAM, who I've always been happy with, and this rubber case in blue:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rubber-Hard-Case-Cov...1742.m153.l1262

So far, I prefer the rubber case as its more compact and can use the touch screen easily (no protective screen).

I tend to use the ADVERTISING SPAM only as a mount in the car. The round button on the back fits into a cheap Richter vent mount, bought a couple of years ago.

Nick

Guest Gisbourne

I have an Alu/Leather case on the way from Proporta:

http://www.proporta.com/F02/PPF02P05.php?t...&t_mode=des

I had a HTC leather case for my last phone, but in the past I've had problems with the catches/fasteners failing, so thought I would give these guys a try. They also have a neat car docking system, but have already got the HTC one...

Regards,

Guy

Guest moonwharfpoet

I've just bought a cheap ebay silicon case, as I want something that I can just chuck on my Touch HD asap (getting the phone tomorrow afternoon, can't wait...I currently have the HTC p6500 and its a brick!) The chances are I will invest in a Krussell at a later date, as I ride a motorbike and have previously clipped my phones onto the Krussell Clip on my handlebars...great for tomtom!

I guess screen protectors are a must with the touch HD? Looking at the screen so lovely & shiny I don't really fancy getting it mucked up. Is it easily scratched?

Tom :(

Edited by moonwharfpoet

• 2 months later...
Guest StGeorge

Does anyone know if it is possible to use a silicon case in conjunction with a Brodit holder without removing the case?

Cheers

Guest Happy Dave
Does anyone know if it is possible to use a silicon case in conjunction with a Brodit holder without removing the case?

Cheers

no you definitely can't, its a good tight fit without anything on the phone