1 unread SMS - but there isn't !

Guest jchamier

Guest jchamier

So T-Mobile sent me a marketing MMS yesterday, whilst it was downloading, I hit delete. That seemed to be ok.

However since then I have a "stuck" message saying "1 unread SMS/MMS" on my phone.

So I sent myself an MMS, and an SMS, and deleted both, but still got the stuck message.

Anyone know of a way to clear this, since I'd like to avoid a hard reset if possible?

Guest jchamier

bad form to reply to myself, but I fixed this ....

by deleting all my SMS/MMS and then using the option "clear SMS/MMS" which empties the inbox and sent folders.

Since this is HTC's WM6.1 ROM, there are no other folders, threading is always on, and this also reset the counter.

Phew!

Guest jchamier
well glad you got it fixed, i was looking for the reg. entry that makes that happen from time to time looks like i can stop looking

:-) Thanks! I realised the three SMSes I was keeping could be transferred to tasks, so went with the wipe on the chance it would fix it, and it did.

Shame there's no "mark all as read" option as in outlook.

• 11 months later...
So T-Mobile sent me a marketing MMS yesterday, whilst it was downloading, I hit delete. That seemed to be ok.

However since then I have a "stuck" message saying "1 unread SMS/MMS" on my phone.

So I sent myself an MMS, and an SMS, and deleted both, but still got the stuck message.

Anyone know of a way to clear this, since I'd like to avoid a hard reset if possible?

Old thread, but I just had the same same problem, and found a solution over at xda-developers, that might help others as well:

"Reset Unread Count

It's attached (ResetUnreadCount.cab) at the bottom of this post. If your device has suspicious unknown count of any unread email/vmail/sms/mms, use this CAB file to reset them."

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=381588