The touch HD is FINALLY available on O2!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

After a very long delay for O2 approval, it's here, and with a free 8GB microSD too! Hurrah!

Click here to view... [aff]

B)

I'm ordering one on the 35 quid plan with the 5 month half price line rental myself! I have a loaner HD at the moment and it's my new favourite Pocket PC... B)

Don't forget to use code 'MODACO' for a free 'Jabra Bluetooth 2010 Drive Pack'!

P

o2hd.png

Guest gibson99
After a very long delay for O2 approval, it's here, and with a free 8GB microSD too! Hurrah!

Click here to view... [aff]

B)

I'm ordering one on the 35 quid plan with the 5 month half price line rental myself! I have a loaner HD at the moment and it's my new favourite Pocket PC... B)

Don't forget to use code 'MODACO' for a free 'Jabra Bluetooth 2010 Drive Pack'!

P

o2hd.png

that's fantastic! i'm guessing to get web access at a decent price the usual £7.50 bolt-on direct from O2 would be the way to go?

also, is there any news of the Touch HD being sold directly from O2 - i am out of contract and would like to get a decent upgrade offer from them B)

Guest gibson99
I'm assuming that you could swap the unlimited SMS bolton offered here for the web one?

P

that would be interesting....I'll give them a call and see. I hope they deliver to a work address too B)

Guest robbmasters
that would be interesting....I'll give them a call and see.

Let us know how you get on. I've emailed them (and O2) but no reply as yet. If this is possible that would clinch it...

Guest Confucious

PCPro reviewed SmartPhones this month and the Touch HD came top - beating my favourite (the iPhone), The Blackberry Storm and Curve, The Omnia and the XP1

Guest Monolithix

Ordered mine last night! According to the o2 bolt-on terms (HERE) you can change every 90 days, so hopefully you can straight away too. Roll on Saturday (stupid delivery address) :rolleyes:

Guest gibson99
Let us know how you get on. I've emailed them (and O2) but no reply as yet. If this is possible that would clinch it...

Afraid they are useless at answering the phone....so I too have emailed them. AS with you, the delivery to non-work address would clinch it....if not, I would pay the extra life-time cost and go with Expansys on T-Mob :rolleyes:

Do let us know if you get an email response.

Guest robbmasters
Afraid they are useless at answering the phone....so I too have emailed them. AS with you, the delivery to non-work address would clinch it....if not, I would pay the extra life-time cost and go with Expansys on T-Mob :rolleyes:

I meant the swap of Bolt On from texts to web would clinch it. Delivery to home isn't a problem for me. O2 are a bit more responsive, but can't comment on mobiles.co.uk's deals, and mobiles.co.uk don't seem to say exactly what O2 plan it is. So I'm trying to get enough information out of O2 to make it worth the risk...

Guest gibson99
I meant the swap of Bolt On from texts to web would clinch it. Delivery to home isn't a problem for me. O2 are a bit more responsive, but can't comment on mobiles.co.uk's deals, and mobiles.co.uk don't seem to say exactly what O2 plan it is. So I'm trying to get enough information out of O2 to make it worth the risk...

oh right - sorry didn't realise that! look forward to seeing what you find out from O2. which plan are u thinking of going for?

Guest robbmasters
which plan are u thinking of going for?

£35 a month. If the "5 months at half price" cashback works out then it should be the cheapest total cost (£543 - the equivalent of £30.16 pcm for 18 months).

Guest robbmasters

OK, O2 say...

If you get Unlimited Text Bolt On with your tariff, you can change it to Unlimited Web Bolt On. This can do this only within the first 14 days of your contract. If you're outside the 14 days of your contract, you can then change to the Bolt On of your choice after every 90 days.

You can add the Unlimited Web Bolt On to your account for a monthly charge of £7.33 (including VAT) even if you get Unlimited Text Bolt On with your tariff.

You can add as many Bolt Ons for a monthly charge of £7.33 (including VAT) each.

If you're paying for any Bolt On you can remove them from your account after one month.

Which is probably enough info for me to take the plunge. :rolleyes:

Edit: Plunged. :)

Edited by robbmasters

Guest Paul (MVP)

I asked Mobiles on everyone's behalf about the bolt-ons, but unfortunately they said it'd need to be confirmed with O2.

Find out soon enough I guess eh peeps?

:rolleyes:

P

Guest gibson99
OK, O2 say...

Which is probably enough info for me to take the plunge. :rolleyes:

Edit: Plunged. :(

great work :)

....how many texts are you left with if you swap from unltd texts to unltd web?

so near to purchasing... :(

Guest robbmasters
....how many texts are you left with if you swap from unltd texts to unltd web?

I don't know!

I hope it's an Online 35 tariff, which would give me 1000 texts.

If it's a store tariff, it should be 500 instead.

If its some other esoteric tarff, then who know!

Looks like I might get it tomorrow too...

Edited by robbmasters

Guest gibson99
I don't know!

I hope it's an Online 35 tariff, which would give me 1000 texts.

If it's a store tariff, it should be 500 instead.

If its some other esoteric tarff, then who know!

Looks like I might get it tomorrow too...

Did you get yours today? :rolleyes:

Guest robbmasters
Did you get yours today? :rolleyes:

No.

My order confirmation was dated 17:01. Mobiles.co.uk say that orders placed before 17:00 will be delivered next day. So strictly speaking I had no right to expect it today. But yesterday their site said it had been despatched so I hoped it would arrive today.

I phoned them up to check, and they said that Royal Mail picked it up at 1pm today so I should get it tomorrow (although Royal Mail's site suggests Monday...)

It's on its way anyway. :)

Guest SsSiIiMmM

I ordered this on Wednesday. Got it today and no chance of free web bolt on. Can't switch text to web for the life of the contract as the contract is not with O2, its with CPW/O2. So the real price is £42.50 per month! (with 5 months of £17.50 cashback which you will have to claim very slowly!)... or you could just get it on T-Mobile here:

http://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/Brands...b509/p3185.aspx

(700 minutes, Unlimited Text + Unlimited mobile web per month, £35.00 - phone was free earlier on today but is now extra £18.99)

I wish I got it from T-Mobile there, but only found it today! And I can't be bothered to send it back now that my old number has started to be ported

Edited by SsSiIiMmM

Guest robbmasters

Oh that's annoying. Mine might have to go back then. A few months would have been fine but not 18. Will try my luck but sounds doubtful...

Edit: On second thoughts, the T-Mobile deal would only be £30 less (assuming the cashback works) so maybe I'll keep it...

Nah, on third thoughts it can go back. Not having to mess about with cash back is worth even more that the £30...

Or is O2 a significantly better network than T-Mobile?

Hmmm, seems T-Mobile bans instant messaging while O2 doesn't.

Decisions, decisions...

Edited by robbmasters

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.