Srs wowxt hd for i617

Guest nhathoasangviet

Guest nhathoasangviet

Anyone have ever tried to install SRS WOWXT HD into i617?

I did try and try many times, but not cucessful: Edit reg, port new a2dp driver via cab installer file ---> not run.

Anybody tell me how to use SRS WOWXT HD for my lovely Black Jack II?

SRS.WOW.HD.v1.28.5.0.rar

Guest Nottach

Are you running 6 or 6.1? I tried both the 1.28 and 1.21 versions of SRS Wow and both didn't work, Ive lost all audio and when I try to open the SRS Control Panel I get a ' XT Driver not found error '. Think Im going o have to hard reset.

Guest nhathoasangviet
Are you running 6 or 6.1? I tried both the 1.28 and 1.21 versions of SRS Wow and both didn't work, Ive lost all audio and when I try to open the SRS Control Panel I get a ' XT Driver not found error '. Think Im going o have to hard reset.

I'm running 6.1. Get result like you. The error detail is "losing codec", did you try to install codec for windows media player (wav, mp3, wma, acc... codec) again? I guess that: all audio codec included in " R2VS_ARM_WM6_STD_Driver.dll ". So let me try again, then install all audio codec.

Every BlackjackII users! show me any solution...

Guest Nottach

when i installed it i searched and found the driver and it was titled like yours except instead of _STD_ it said _PPC2005_ so i tried changing it to _STD_ and _SP_ but no luck, i dont know what im doing i just try stuff. i gave up and reset my phone and its all back to normal now so im just waiting until i see a working version.

Guest nhathoasangviet
when i installed it i searched and found the driver and it was titled like yours except instead of _STD_ it said _PPC2005_ so i tried changing it to _STD_ and _SP_ but no luck, i dont know what im doing i just try stuff. i gave up and reset my phone and its all back to normal now so im just waiting until i see a working version.

Almost HTC, asus smartphone device working fine with SRS WOWXT HD, except Samsung I6xx.

You can see installation and instruction SRS here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=356589

Guest Nottach

srs wow xt should fail to work with some devices because of registry settings could be different. if you load this software then software made your device silent you must change some registry settings.

before loading the srs wow xt you must take note some registry settings of your device. run registry editor and go to those two keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\WaveDev and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\BtA2dpSnd keys.

Dll: ........... note this value

IClass: ...... note this value

Order: ....... note this value

you will take 6 different registry values from 2 different keys. then install the apllication. Reboot your device and run registry editor again.

OldDriver: change this value with noted DLL value.

IClass: change this value with noted IClass value.

Order: change this value with noted Order value.

you talking about this? i saw it after i did my installation so i didnt have the original values to try it.

if somebody else has a i617 with little customization done so youd have an easy restore itd be nice if you tried this method of getting the SRS WOW working.

Guest nhathoasangviet
srs wow xt should fail to work with some devices because of registry settings could be different. if you load this software then software made your device silent you must change some registry settings.

before loading the srs wow xt you must take note some registry settings of your device. run registry editor and go to those two keys:

Dll: ........... note this value

IClass: ...... note this value

Order: ....... note this value

you will take 6 different registry values from 2 different keys. then install the apllication. Reboot your device and run registry editor again.

OldDriver: change this value with noted DLL value.

IClass: change this value with noted IClass value.

Order: change this value with noted Order value.

you talking about this? i saw it after i did my installation so i didnt have the original values to try it.

if somebody else has a i617 with little customization done so youd have an easy restore itd be nice if you tried this method of getting the SRS WOW working.

Yes, that's right.

Let you make hardreset (to get original registry).

Install Modaco_i617_Tweak_pack.cab to unlock all application.

And you can get or edit your reg via this PC appication: CE regedit (see attachment).

ceregedit_setup.part1.rar

ceregedit_setup.part2.rar

ceregedit_setup.part3.rar

Guest Nottach

Yeah, i would do another hard reset and try again but ive got so many little tweaks and customizations done that it takes too long to get back to how i like it. ive given up on SRS for now. it doesnt really make that big a difference, i was just trying to increase my speaker volume for pandora. maybe in the future ill need to hard reset again and ill try then.

• 2 months later...
Guest MojoManiac

Can't someone tell us what these registry values are on a newly "hard resetted" blackjack 2 so that it might help many others from having to do a hard reset please??

Guest MojoManiac

Can't someone tell us what these registry values are on a newly "hard resetted" blackjack 2 so that it might help many others from having to do a hard reset please??

• 1 month later...
Guest badmfmike

I currently use srs wow hd on my BJ2 and it works with no issues. I do not know if it because I got the right download on accident or not, but the one I use is SRS_WOWHD_ARM.cab.

~ found the file by searching google for srs wow smartphone and testing random cabs until one worked. Makes my BJ2 quite loud.

Guest tamanaco
I currently use srs wow hd on my BJ2 and it works with no issues. I do not know if it because I got the right download on accident or not, but the one I use is SRS_WOWHD_ARM.cab.

~ found the file by searching google for srs wow smartphone and testing random cabs until one worked. Makes my BJ2 quite loud.

Could you point us to the specific one that work for you and what's the specific version and file size of the .cab file? Also are you using WM6.1 or WM6.0.

Thanks

Guest ArizonaLoco

I Googled this file name SRS_WOWHD_ARM.cab, found it, downloaded it, and it works awesome. I have a BlackJack II and WM 6.1.

Guest tamanaco
I Googled this file name SRS_WOWHD_ARM.cab, found it, downloaded it, and it works awesome. I have a BlackJack II and WM 6.1.

There are "several" SRS_WOWHD.ARM.cab available for download. The two that pop up first after a Google search are ones available at 4share.com followed by another available at FreeWarePPC.com... Could you tell us specifically which one you downloaded and installed?

Thanks...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mauro Chaves

Someone has to run on i617 BJII? I installed, correct the registry, but when I try to open the application the following error occurs: the wow txt driver found. the control panel will now exit.

Captured_1.bmp

How to solve this?

Guest konker
Someone has to run on i617 BJII? I installed, correct the registry, but when I try to open the application the following error occurs: the wow txt driver found. the control panel will now exit.

Captured_1.bmp

How to solve this?

Did you reboot the phone?

I installed on my Palm Treo 750 running WM6.5 & got the same error message.

A soft reset (reboot) resolved it & I was able to enter the settings menu.

• 1 month later...
Guest ~Tito~

I would advise not to install this. I installed v x.28.x or something along those lines with the registry script and it totally ruined sound, and it wouldn't uninstall. I have to re flash and reload the back up that I made that excludes the drivers section and the application data. I am re flashing to back up some of the registry it affected when its clean so when I install the first back up, I can install the 2nd one to have everything how it was.

Edited by ~Tito~

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gahbmwm5
I would advise not to install this. I installed v x.28.x or something along those lines with the registry script and it totally ruined sound, and it wouldn't uninstall. I have to re flash and reload the back up that I made that excludes the drivers section and the application data. I am re flashing to back up some of the registry it affected when its clean so when I install the first back up, I can install the 2nd one to have everything how it was.

Yes I concur here too, as I reviewed too many issues with this promising app and particularily the BJ II (i-617) running WM6.1... To quote a few posts @ Xda-Developers threads on this:

"Blackjack II WM6.1

Samsung released the WM6.1 upgrade for the Blackjack II today. I have installed it and, just as before, the sound level is crap even at the highest volume level. I corrected this issue before on WM6.0 with SRS Wow. When I installed the same cab as I had installed on WM6.0 it crashes MS Voice Command (included in the WM6.1 upgrade) and no sounds at all. So I found this thread and discovered the WM6.1 cab. But I have installed that cab and the results are the same; crashes MS Voice Command (Error has occurred screen pops up) and no sounds coming from the phone. I have rebooted the phone a couple of times to no avail. The MS Voice Command version is 1.6.19208... Any ideas? Registry settings?

"

And this from a great BJ I Rom cooker: Ejoya:

"samsung blackjack users will lose the wmp visualization plugin if they install this"

Also the speakerphone (built-in) will malfunction.....when answering a call...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rouli
There are "several" SRS_WOWHD.ARM.cab available for download. The two that pop up first after a Google search are ones available at 4share.com followed by another available at FreeWarePPC.com... Could you tell us specifically which one you downloaded and installed?

Thanks...

It's August. You ever get any answers from badmfmike or ArizonaLoco about the version of SRS they're using? I've got version 1.2.10.0 from freewarePPC.com that I have NOT installed yet. I'm running a BJII with WM 6.1. I understand that 1.2.10.0 is an old version. I don't mind as long as it works.

If not, I guess I'll have to go with the registry entries. :)

Ok, these are the registry entries for wavedev and A2DP (not BtA2dpSnd):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\wavedev]

"R2VS Target Model"="SGH-i617"

"R2VS Driver Version"="2.0.3 (2007.08.21)"

"OutputDevice"="wavedev.dll"

"DeviceAttenMax"=dword:00000014

"StreamAttenMax"=dword:0000002C

"IClass"="{A32942B7-920C-486b-B0E6-92A702A99B35}"

"MemLen"=dword:00000400

"MemBase"=dword:FFFB3000

"Order"=dword:00000010

"Index"=dword:00000001

"Flags"=dword:00010000

"Dll"="R2VS_ARM_WM6_STD_Driver.dll"

"Prefix"="WAV"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\wavedev\R2VS]

"Power"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\A2DP]

"SamplingFreq"=dword:0000AC44

"Order"=dword:0000000A

"Keep"=dword:00000001

"Prefix"="A2D"

"Index"=dword:00000000

"Dll"="A2DP.dll"

I think one of the first q's I have is: Does SRS-WOW replace wavedev.dll (as OutputDevice) or R2VS_ARM_WM6_STD_Driver.dll (as Dll)? Based on this, I can't see anyone getting SRS-WOW to work on WM 6.1 BJII's even with the registry edits described in this thread, let alone "out the box". Next: A2DP makes more sense than BtA2dpSnd. The only instance of A2DP that I can think of in a WM registry (or computer environment in general) is that concerning Bluetooth, and A2DP is a one way profile (no Rcv). The Bt and Snd in BtA2dpSnd are redundant. Is there a way to can misinformation here or do we all need to keep a big grain of salt in front of our monitors.

Edited by Rouli

• 1 year later...
It's August. You ever get any answers from badmfmike or ArizonaLoco about the version of SRS they're using? I've got version 1.2.10.0 from freewarePPC.com that I have NOT installed yet. I'm running a BJII with WM 6.1. I understand that 1.2.10.0 is an old version. I don't mind as long as it works.

"Prefix"="WAV"

"Prefix"="A2D"

"Dll"="A2DP.dll"

I think one of the first q's I have is: Does SRS-WOW replace wavedev.dll (as OutputDevice) or R2VS_ARM_WM6_STD_Driver.dll (as Dll)? Based on this, I can't see anyone getting SRS-WOW to work on WM 6.1 BJII's even with the registry edits described in this thread, let alone "out the box". Next: A2DP makes more sense than BtA2dpSnd. The only instance of A2DP that I can think of in a WM registry (or computer environment in general) is that concerning Bluetooth, and A2DP is a one way profile (no Rcv). The Bt and Snd in BtA2dpSnd are redundant. Is there a way to can misinformation here or do we all need to keep a big grain of salt in front of our monitors.

Trying Rouli's reg settings above to restore sound on BJII WM6.1 as like a dumb@## I tried to load SRS WOW last night was getting the infamous driver error then lost all audio and was getting that wmp could not play file. Any advice would be great will let you know if settings above work

"Prefix"="WAV"

"Prefix"="A2D"

"Dll"="A2DP.dll"

Using Rouli's registry entries I got my sound back, however assuming I still wont be able to uninstall SRS.....shame such a nice app I remember when it worked I think in 6.0....oh well