smilies in texts

Guest hmonster13120

Guest hmonster13120

Hello everyone!

i am new to windows mobile (this being my first device!) and so far i really love it!

one quick question; when sending a text i dont seem to be able to put in smilies very easily, however this morning i got a mms from my brother and when i went to reply i had a small bar which allowed me to add pictures, smilies, favourites etc etc. my question is, how can i default it so that this little bar appears all the time and not just when i reply to an mms from my brother! i looked everywhere i can think of (which being a total newbie isnt probably very far!) but i cant see anything to turn it on.

Matthew

Guest MikeWard1701

When writing an SMS from the off, you have to type in the smilies manually i.e. ": )" (without the space). When you replied to the MMS did you choose "Reply via MMS" or "Reply via SMS"?

Not tried sending or received an MMS yet, but I'm guessing the bar only appears when writing an MMS.

Guest mutant04

Don't know if this will help, but when you are writing a SMS if you press Menu>Insert>Text it will bring up a list, one of the options is Emoticon. Select this and a window will pop up with a selection of smilies etc for you to insert.

Sorry...wrong board, thought I was on the i900 board, far too much christmas booze at the party last nite...sorry again :rolleyes:

Edited by mutant04

When writing an SMS from the off, you have to type in the smilies manually i.e. ": )" (without the space). When you replied to the MMS did you choose "Reply via MMS" or "Reply via SMS"?

Not tried sending or received an MMS yet, but I'm guessing the bar only appears when writing an MMS.

I've edited the "My Text" entries to include some smilies. Now I can add them fairly quickly.

I've edited the "My Text" entries to include some smilies. Now I can add them fairly quickly.

Also, you can tap "symbols" then scroll up to the last symbols page. This one has a few smilies in it.

Edit: You could also try TouchPal, a great SIP with a lot of functionality, including a panel of smilies.

Edited by argh