Diamond Freezing When Its Been Idel

Guest meckanix

Guest meckanix

Hi All,

I've just been given a standard Touch Diamond and I seem to be having an issue with it when I've left it idle for a while.

The issue primarily occurs over night and when I come to the phone in the morning input my pin it just freezes with "Password" in the top corner and a blank (black - my wallpaper) screen.

I have additionally installed applications above what is shipped with the phone. Active Sync is set to manual over night and the settings allowing the phone to "sleep" on battery and charge are turned off (I just left the "turn backlight" settings on for obvious reasons).

I was going to chalk it up to the length of time the phone was idle (due to it been about 8hrs), but it did it again this afternoon, as about 2hrs.

Currently my only method to "cure" the issue is to power cycle the phone, as it does respond to a long hold of the power button and gives me the power off yes / no option (obviously pressing no send me back to the blank screen)

Guest Rouvers
Hi All,

I've just been given a standard Touch Diamond and I seem to be having an issue with it when I've left it idle for a while.

The issue primarily occurs over night and when I come to the phone in the morning input my pin it just freezes with "Password" in the top corner and a blank (black - my wallpaper) screen.

I have additionally installed applications above what is shipped with the phone. Active Sync is set to manual over night and the settings allowing the phone to "sleep" on battery and charge are turned off (I just left the "turn backlight" settings on for obvious reasons).

I was going to chalk it up to the length of time the phone was idle (due to it been about 8hrs), but it did it again this afternoon, as about 2hrs.

Currently my only method to "cure" the issue is to power cycle the phone, as it does respond to a long hold of the power button and gives me the power off yes / no option (obviously pressing no send me back to the blank screen)

My Touch Diamond works fine when 3G is disabled but freezes or reboots when 3G is enabled - I have Rom 1.93.456.2 It is definitely a 3G related probelm as I haved used it for months with the 3G diabled. I just switched to T-mobile sim and tried 3G again and get the same problem. I have thought about re-installing ROM again. The links to the ROM don't appear to work in this Forum.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest meckanix

My phone is using the following:

ROM Ver 1.37.405.1 WWE

ROM date 06/12/08

Radio Ver 1.00.25.03

Protocal Ver 52.26a.25.09H

Reading through a couple of other posts I can see that it's a older version of the ROM, but no-one seems to have the correct UK Orange ROM to update it :)

Edited by meckanix

Guest meckanix
My phone is using the following:

ROM Ver 1.37.405.1 WWE

ROM date 06/12/08

Radio Ver 1.00.25.03

Protocal Ver 52.26a.25.09H

Reading through a couple of other posts I can see that it's a older version of the ROM, but no-one seems to have the correct UK Orange ROM to update it :)

Found the following link for the Orange ROM http://www1.orange.co.uk/diamond/RUU_Diamo....25.05_Ship.exe.

Due to the HTML code in BB, here's the link in plain text [wiki]http://www1.orange.co.uk/diamond/RUU_Diamond_HTC_WWE_1.93.405.1_Radio_Signed_Diamond_52.29.25.12_1.00.25.05_Ship.

xe[/wiki]

Edited by meckanix