ROM Building for Dummies (i900) using SYOK

Guest shokka9

thank you for help me :P :

but you not give me solution for my problem :) :D when i drag the os.nb to the buildrom.cmd to re-build the rom (( NO NEW ROM BUILD )) no see any new rom....

the DOS is empty for any formation and IT EXTRACT TEMP FILE :) ;)

i am very sorry for my bad english :( :)

PLZZZ help me ;)

Edited by k3bol

thank you for help me :P :

but you not give me solution for my problem :) :D when i drag the os.nb to the buildrom.cmd to re-build the rom (( NO NEW ROM BUILD )) no see any new rom....

the DOS is empty for any formation and IT EXTRACT TEMP FILE :) ;)

i am very sorry for my bad english :( :)

PLZZZ help me ;)

And what happens after you close the buildos program (NOT the buildrom program)?

And what happens after you close the buildos program (NOT the buildrom program)?

thank you my brother it is working and i build my rom :) ;)

my problem is when buildos said done i closed it and also close the DOS screen directly not wait for re-build rom...

thank you for help me ... I am very happy for build my first rom thank you my brother

but can i ask you one Question :

why when i convert the cab into packege and copy into OEM file and build rom give me error what is my problem ???? :) :D

NB: I convert the cab into the packege and paste into OEM file without any change...

there is any steps can i do to build rom without errors in OEM file ??

Edited by k3bol

Guest shokka9
but can i ask you one Question :

why when i convert the cab into packege and copy into OEM file and build rom give me error what is my problem ???? :) :D

NB: I convert the cab into the packege and paste into OEM file without any change...

there is any steps can i do to build rom without errors in OEM file ??

some cabs work easier than others. You really need to compare registries etc of fully installed cab to cab made into package.

It's a long process, but worth it for some cabs.

There is no app that can correctly turn all cabs into packages, trial and error my friend.

Good luck. glad to see you got the building working.. :)

Guest shokka9
Hi shokka9,

I`m trying to build my first rom (for now a portuguese one).

I follow all the steps included in you *.doc file but when i try to build ROM with OS.nb file allways get the same error "error, last status: "creating initiflashfiles.dat..." ".

i`ve installed all the programs you described, but....

thank`s

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo

depends on what you are doing? have you added anything not listed in the .doc (tasks, packages, etc).

It should work, works for everyone else, so you must be doing something different??

More info dude.

some cabs work easier than others. You really need to compare registries etc of fully installed cab to cab made into package.

It's a long process, but worth it for some cabs.

There is no app that can correctly turn all cabs into packages, trial and error my friend.

Good luck. glad to see you got the building working.. :)

can i add the package after convert it without any change ?? like what ?

what is the app you used to convert the cab to package ??

what is the method to increase the voice in my rom??

what is the method to increase the speed in my rom ??

what is the method to increase the sensitivity of youch ??

how can i add my languge (( arabic languge )) to my rom?? i have the cab for my languge ... plzzzz it the important question ..

i now i ask more question but how learn me like you

finally see my rom :

66106.jpg66111.jpg

66110.jpg66109.jpg

66108.jpg66107.jpg

thank you my brothers for help me i am very happy with my first rom >>>

Edited by k3bol

Guest rendeiro2005
Hi Ricardo

depends on what you are doing? have you added anything not listed in the .doc (tasks, packages, etc).

It should work, works for everyone else, so you must be doing something different??

More info dude.

thank`s for all :) .i`ve manage to build my first rom allready. i was doing something wrong, i don`t know what.

this is my rom, but i`m trying to understand all the functions in *.rgu files and initflashfiles.

post-422946-1232618892_thumb.jpg     post-422946-1232618904_thumb.jpg

post-422946-1232618913_thumb.jpg

just one question. is it possible to delete WMP, explorer, internet explorer and install from cab files? if so how can i do that? thanks.

thank`s for all :) .i`ve manage to build my first rom allready. i was doing something wrong, i don`t know what.

this is my rom, but i`m trying to understand all the functions in *.rgu files and initflashfiles.

post-422946-1232618892_thumb.jpg post-422946-1232618904_thumb.jpg

post-422946-1232618913_thumb.jpg

just one question. is it possible to delete WMP, explorer, internet explorer and install from cab files? if so how can i do that? thanks.

WoW good jop :D

how can you add your language in rom??????

Guest rendeiro2005
WoW good jop :)

how can you add your language in rom??????

Hi,

nothing special, i just pickedup the original ROM from samsung site and buil it :D .

Guest rendeiro2005
how can you releas this space?

just building ROM as other do :D and some work. i just follow the instructions from Building for Dummies (i900)

My only problem now, has been workout with some english files bacause my native ROM`s language it`s diferent :) .

just building ROM as other do :) and some work. i just follow the instructions from Building for Dummies (i900)

My only problem now, has been workout with some english files bacause my native ROM`s language it`s diferent :) .

i have the same problem :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Stevenh

Hi Shokka, I've been following your guide and was trying to build my own ROM using yours as a starting point, but I get an access is denied error when trying extract OEM and SYS. Do you encrypt or lock the ROMs?

I could just use Secany's ROM to start with but thought I'd try with one that I've tried and tested first...

Steven

Guest shokka9

very quickly...you cannot cook a cooked ROM. The only ROMs we use are the full fat (standard) ROMs generally released by Secany, but recently they have been leaked elsewhere.

They are usually 140-150mb in size.

They are not locked in any way and to be honest, i have not seen that error. As lon gas you have the frameworks installed and the correct apps, nothing should stop you.

What OS are you using>XP or Vista or 7? - either way, it shouldnt make a difference.

Guest Stevenh

Hi, I've just tried extracting Secany's ROM and seems to extract fine. Didn't know you can't cook a cooked ROM though, lucky i didn't try to flash my phone with it :)

Using XP with all frameworks and stuff installed.

Steven

Guest shokka9

sweet, yeah, it would not of worked...so you could not of flashed your Omnia...

Good luck..are you using the kitchen provided by Sztupy? The tasks you mention about PanelFS, if you download the kitchen using the mercurial exe, then most of the issues you will see are fixed. lastnikita is taking care of it. If you do fix anything or make new tasks, please post in the thread, so we all can benefit :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest s0cks

Hi,

And how about to extract the official ROM, from samsung website? Is it possible?

I want to cook my first ROM and I would like to start with DXIA5, but I didn't find any unofficial link to download it. Only the official!

And when I try to extract the files from the official ROM (with PaSSoA kitchen), I got some errors.

Or someone can give me a link to download a DXIA5 that can be extracted (like the ROMs published by secany)?

Thanks!

Guest shokka9

You need to use Total Commander...

Install it....

then press & hold CTRL & Page Down. It will reveal the UPDATE.EXE, that you can put thru the kitchen.

My new guide will be up soon....:(

Guest s0cks
You need to use Total Commander...

Install it....

then press & hold CTRL & Page Down. It will reveal the UPDATE.EXE, that you can put thru the kitchen.

My new guide will be up soon.... :(

Thanks for answer... but I already extract the UPDATE.exe (using WinRAR), but even with UPDATE.exe the kitchen give me the same error.

I already used other ROM's with the kitchen and worked...

But with DXIA5 I got errors! B)

C:\i900\i900Rom>ExtractROM_exe.cmd UPDATE.exe

Extracting ROM. Please Wait......

OS ROM Partition Tool V1.48 By Weisun :> PDAclan.com

ERROR - Can not open the source file

The system cannot find the specified file.

Edited by s0cks

Guest sector

thats why there is another customer_2.csc inside.

use pakko's tool to extract the files and then take pda.bin to extract it with extractrom_bin.exe

Guest s0cks

Hi guys,

I'm using the SYOK (SztypYs automation) like in this tutorial, but I'm getting too many warnings when I click on Run Scripts, after seleting what I want to remove.

Example:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Executing rem_welcome...

Warning! No file or directory match "WelcomeCenter*" in current base directory and scope

But if I click again at Run Scripts, there is no errors!

Why it happens? Is it normal?