Blackjack 2 GPS issues

Guest shadowmaster82

Guest shadowmaster82

Hi i need some help with the GPS in my blackjack 2. i get nothing showing its activated. i've done all the unlocks, the SDA and the Modaco unlock, i have garmin installed and it just keeps searching for a gps device. i did install the gpsid program as well and have that setup for com 4 for the program and none on the hardware. it is setup to manage automaically as well but i cannot get it to work. any suggestions?

Guest cobaltssdriver
Hi i need some help with the GPS in my blackjack 2. i get nothing showing its activated. i've done all the unlocks, the SDA and the Modaco unlock, i have garmin installed and it just keeps searching for a gps device. i did install the gpsid program as well and have that setup for com 4 for the program and none on the hardware. it is setup to manage automaically as well but i cannot get it to work. any suggestions?

how long are you waiting before giving up? I have seen some phones take up to 5 minutes to find a signal. Just make sure that you have it in line of sight of a window or be outside while you wait.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest pcguru000

well- i cant say i have had any luck w/ my bj2 either- it finds the gps device using the intermediate driver but then it just says Searching for satelites - ive been out side for over an hour w/ it next to me ... clear sky and everything- doesnt do anything... map is just black.. (i have loaded maps into it aswell.. it even recongnizes them in the data manager...)

I also did that update garmin released... that made no difference tho...

any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest darklordofthesith

make sure the gps setting in the gps test program in windows mobile is set to ms based. also make sure the com changes match and the baud is set to 192400