All-in-one Manila 2D. Update 22 beta2 available

Guest sztupy

Guest xtiger
1st option: download the install creator, download a theme, copy the theme files into the difrectory then create the cab and install to the phone

2nd option: download the complete package, download M2DC, install both, then get themes from for example here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...emes-for-omnia/ This thread has also some info

Thanks for the info! I got it installed and installed a few themes. I have one issue. Not sure if this is common, but the Weather images (sun, clouds, moon, etc..) are on the left upper corner of the screen now. Is this common for the Omnia since we are on version 19? Any idea of how to fix this? It is occuring for every theme I have installed and it doesn't matter if on the customizer if I choose to use the theme's weather images or not. It is the same result.

Guest KingKoresh

Wondering if someone could help me out here. I installed M2D using the cab on this thread and all works fine (very very nice work to all the people who made this possible!!).

I then installed M2DC and a few themes. One of the themes, called MobileMattBerry was quite large (about 10Mb) and when I set it as the theme, unsurprisingly, I got a message saying i was running low on memory and now I barely have a meg left of storage memory! I have now used another theme which was baout 1 meg and deleted the MobileMattBerry file from the themes folder and done a soft reset.

Still no joy with freeing up the memory - I had about 15Mb free before i used this theme

Anyone have any ideas how I can get the space back, short of removing M2D altogether?

Many thanks in advance.

EDIT: Sorry, should not have posted here when there is a thread for the skin itself - my bad!

Edited by KingKoresh

Guest Daugvolf
Thanks for the info! I got it installed and installed a few themes. I have one issue. Not sure if this is common, but the Weather images (sun, clouds, moon, etc..) are on the left upper corner of the screen now. Is this common for the Omnia since we are on version 19? Any idea of how to fix this? It is occuring for every theme I have installed and it doesn't matter if on the customizer if I choose to use the theme's weather images or not. It is the same result.

Same thing here. I think I've tracked it down to the large icons that m2d uses are missing from the install we used. I'm just trying to find out where they go now.

Edited by Daugvolf

Guest alviner

Hi SztupY,

Thanks for the creations you made, really save lots of my time installing the manila application.

Some issues and questions:

1) I am trying to centered the top title text of every tab using M2DC but I can only manage change the home tab and the rest is left unchanged after I made the changes and clicked the "Apply" on the M2DC application. Any solution?

2) Which folder or where does the "Photo and Video" tab look for the photos? Seeing that it tried to look for photos at the "Camera Shots" folder, but when I tried to find the folder in my device, I can't seem to find any. I even tried to create a new folder named "Camera Shots" in the main device memory and place a photo inside the folder but still no photo found on the TouchFLO application.

Thanks in advance...

Cheers...

Hi SztupY,

Thanks for the creations you made, really save lots of my time installing the manila application.

Some issues and questions:

1) I am trying to centered the top title text of every tab using M2DC but I can only manage change the home tab and the rest is left unchanged after I made the changes and clicked the "Apply" on the M2DC application. Any solution?

2) Which folder or where does the "Photo and Video" tab look for the photos? Seeing that it tried to look for photos at the "Camera Shots" folder, but when I tried to find the folder in my device, I can't seem to find any. I even tried to create a new folder named "Camera Shots" in the main device memory and place a photo inside the folder but still no photo found on the TouchFLO application.

Thanks in advance...

Cheers...

Hi. I never used M2DC so I don't know the answee for that question. For the Photos: Run HTC Album and set a fo.der as favorite.

Guest imacken
Hi. I never used M2DC so I don't know the answee for that question. For the Photos: Run HTC Album and set a fo.der as favorite.

Sorry to ask a basic question, but I haven't been following this for a while now.

Does Landscape screen mode work now or not?

Thanks.

Sorry to ask a basic question, but I haven't been following this for a while now.

Does Landscape screen mode work now or not?

Thanks.

M2D doesn't work in landscape mode. There are numerous hacks that change the today screen to another today plugin if in landscape mode, but they are not part if this package.

Guest chuti98

anyone know how to get the photo fit on photo widget.. It used to be fit all part of picture but after i delete son .dat file of htc camera and put some file about HTC album on the other thread to make it look perfect on lanscape now on the m2d photo widget show only part of the picture not all

Guest hilljens

Hi SztupY!

The All-in-one Manilla 2D Update 19b works perfect on my Omnia. I have 10 locations (cities) in my weather screen, and I can't add more. Is there a registery limitation, or how can I add more cities?

Thanks!

Guest rokster12

does a click on a photo at the people tab open the default contact detail view of windows mobile

or the detail view of the samsung contact application(seccontact)?

cuz when you open a contact within the samsung contact application you get another contact view than opening it with

the msoutlook contacts.

Guest smilepak
pkg2cab is a simple script that creates an inf file then runs cabwiz, nothing fancy. Will trry on an XP machine today though, maybe that's the problem.

Still no dice for me. I haven't tried on a vista machine yet. Here is what I've tried so far.

From what I've read, sometime the fail is caused to the INF file, but since I the INF is created as part of the pkg2cab.exe by calling the reg2inf.exe, the minute it fails, it purged the "_out" directory, so I couldn't get the file to see what is causing it

Is there a way to build that logic in your pkg2cab into the .bat instead?

EDIT: Nevermind, it is my PC. Not exactly sure what, but it works on another XP box. Still digging.

Edited by smilepak

Guest smilepak

Okay figured out what was the problem.

http://www.msdns.org/archive/1948/posts/194825240.shtml

If CabWiz reports an error similar to:

Error: CAB file "D:\CabFile.CAB" could not be created

one of the first things that you should check is that you do NOT have 8.3 file naming turned off. If registry entry

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem\NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation

is set to 1, then CabWiz will either not work or will only work intermittently (depending on whether you are working in a directory that has short names or not). If it is set to 1, change it to 0 and then reboot.

That was apparently the issue. Now I can look at taking this to another level. Embed the theme, modify registry file to incoporate fixes, and then build ultimate cab file.

Okay figured out what was the problem.

http://www.msdns.org/archive/1948/posts/194825240.shtml

That was apparently the issue. Now I can look at taking this to another level. Embed the theme, modify registry file to incoporate fixes, and then build ultimate cab file.

thanks for that link! I'll add a check in the pkg2cab application to check that flag and warn the user, if it seems to be bad.

Still no dice for me. I haven't tried on a vista machine yet. Here is what I've tried so far.

From what I've read, sometime the fail is caused to the INF file, but since I the INF is created as part of the pkg2cab.exe by calling the reg2inf.exe, the minute it fails, it purged the "_out" directory, so I couldn't get the file to see what is causing it

Is there a way to build that logic in your pkg2cab into the .bat instead?

EDIT: Nevermind, it is my PC. Not exactly sure what, but it works on another XP box. Still digging.

reg2inf only creates the registry part of the inf, it's up to my application to create the rest (files, links, etc), which can't go into a bat file. I'm thinking of adding a command line parameter, that will keep the temporary files for inspections though.

Guest Shadowy

Strange problem with google maps, when I click on directions, I get some some text in a foreign language in the bottom right, and the dialogue box in blank. Any ideas?

Guest smilepak

Manila TF2D is one of the best interface out there for WM, but damn it takes soo much space. After installing it, plus a theme like the blackberry theme, i am left with 20MB. Even if I point all applications to install on MY STORAGE, some file still takes up on the device, so I am down to 5MB. LoL!

Would be nice if I could remove some of the applications (not just the tabs) behind it. Such as program launcher, have that tab call Samsung main menu program launcher, etc.

Guest chuti98
Strange problem with google maps, when I click on directions, I get some some text in a foreign language in the bottom right, and the dialogue box in blank. Any ideas?

I think it coz of some the other language .dll file was delete to reduce size. happened to to b4 but after put it back it work fine

Guest Shadowy
I think it coz of some the other language .dll file was delete to reduce size. happened to to b4 but after put it back it work fine

Sorry, I don't understand how you fixed it. Could you explain please?

Guest alviner
Manila TF2D is one of the best interface out there for WM, but damn it takes soo much space. After installing it, plus a theme like the blackberry theme, i am left with 20MB. Even if I point all applications to install on MY STORAGE, some file still takes up on the device, so I am down to 5MB. LoL!

Would be nice if I could remove some of the applications (not just the tabs) behind it. Such as program launcher, have that tab call Samsung main menu program launcher, etc.

In your case, why don't you flash a clean ROM for yourself...? A clean ROM will allow you to choose which application you want to install and that will cure your device's memory problem.

I flash Lufeig's clean ROM, installed TF2D, several games and application and still left 76MB....

Guest smilepak
In your case, why don't you flash a clean ROM for yourself...? A clean ROM will allow you to choose which application you want to install and that will cure your device's memory problem.

I flash Lufeig's clean ROM, installed TF2D, several games and application and still left 76MB....

No can do it with i910 Verizon CDMA version

Guest Rauliki

Hi!

I realized that because I have english DXHL3 (taril) ROM, my home screen on the TouchFlo2D is showing calendar names in english (for example: "tommorow"). Is there a way to have it in polish language?

Hi! The guys at PDAViet managed to crack Manila2D 21, and an italian guy c1-p8 extracted their files. Unfortunalty he also added italian as default language, so I had to repack the english files. Please try it!

I couldn't test this release, so please tell me whether it works/not! If it does I'll create the updated AIO package and the install creator too!

http://winmo.sztupy.hu/m2daio/M2D21AIO.ZIP