• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Which T-Mobile handset?

3 posts in this topic

Posted

A non-techy pal of mine has an expensive UK T-Mobile contract which enables him to upgrade about three times a year. He's due an upgrade and does not know which phone to go for.

The most important things are calls, texts and emails. He normally uses a Blackberry Pearl. Not being used to Windows Mobile phones I don't think I can recommend something like the Omnia (or even getting something like a Sim-free Touch HD).

I think a keypad is important to him, but not a keyboard that makes the phone bulky.

T-Mobile don't do the Blackberry Storm (not that it would be any good for him by the sounds of many reviews), and I don't know anything about the G1 Android thingy.

Any suggestions?

Posted

has an expensive UK T-Mobile contract which enables him to upgrade about three times a year

How do you get such a contract?

T-Mobile have a limited selection of phones right now. The MDA Vario IV (Touch Pro) is the only real new addition, and that has a keyboard attached.

The G1 is meant to be good, but the OS is new so expect bugs, and you would need to be reliant on Google for mail/calendar etc.

Posted

How do you get such a contract?

T-Mobile have a limited selection of phones right now. The MDA Vario IV (Touch Pro) is the only real new addition, and that has a keyboard attached.

The G1 is meant to be good, but the OS is new so expect bugs, and you would need to be reliant on Google for mail/calendar etc.

Thanks for the reply.

The contract is a top end business contract, so I think it costs a bomb! I don't think the Touch Pro or the G1 is suitable. Hopefully there will be some new Blackberries for him to choose soon, but maybe one of the 2009 HTC phones may be of interest. Whatever happens, the Windows Mobile OS needs to change BIG TIME before he adopts a WinMo phone.