Favorite Hackings [09-01-26: UPDATE 0.3]

Guest sztupy

Guest 3shirts

Feature request:

I have been playing with mortsctripts to enable and disable the HTC emu dlls. I have worked out that using Resco Explorer to copy a blank file with the name HTCSensorSDK.dll into the windows directory, overwriting the current one, does work so I have a copy of each which I can put there to enable or disable the HTC emulator (because it causes problems with the latest Kinoma Play). The problem is that mortscript seems reluctant to overwrite ROM files even though I have read that it can.

If you could help work this out and include this feature in your tool, it would be very helpful

could try the following for toggling wifi and other radios:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=413159

edit : it uses .net code

Thanks! Gonna try it!

(it uses native code mapped into .net, so no problem :D )

Oh... just found an entire section for that in MSDN, great! http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en...2-45d23392b4e5/

I hope I'll manage to do that. The flashlight and USB still remains :)

Guest frmariam

For Omnia:

How about adding one to change the poweron/poweroff animation gif (though I guess a file browsing feature like gsGetFile would be needed/recommended). The regkey with that info is HKEY_Local_Machine>System>State>Samsung>Phone>Ani>6_All_Ani_On (or Off) at least in my system.

AdvanvedConfig can only change the Microsoft splashscreen HKEY_Local_Machine>Software>Microsoft>Splash Screen>MSBitmap (and CarrierBitmap)...

I also agree that the way the bottom bar currently scrolls is odd... If you try to click over an icon it'll scroll to another place... It seem to work the oposite way other kynetic scrollers do (generally they act like you pushed/pulled/dragged the thing you want to scroll...). Something like the way you add costum sortcuts to the Launcher.exe would be easier (though not the best solution I recon).

slidehr8.th.png

PS: What is FavoriteSettings? Can someone link me to the webpage/original thread?

Edited by frmariam

For Omnia:

How about adding one to change the poweron/poweroff animation gif (though I guess a file browsing feature like gsGetFile would be needed/recommended). The regkey with that info is HKEY_Local_Machine>System>State>Samsung>Phone>Ani>6_All_Ani_On (or Off) at least in my system.

AdvanvedConfig can only change the Microsoft splashscreen HKEY_Local_Machine>Software>Microsoft>Splash Screen>MSBitmap (and CarrierBitmap)...

I also agree that the way the bottom bar currently scrolls is odd... If you try to click over an icon it'll scroll to another place... It seem to work the oposite way as other kynetic scrollers (generally they acts like you pushed or pulled the icon bar...). Something like the way you add costum sortcuts to the Launcher.exe would be easier (though not the best solution I reccon).

slidehr8.th.png

PS: What is FavoriteSettings? Can someone link me to the webpage/original thread?

The way the bottom bar works is halfway to the point how Manilla2D works. So the "slide" function does works, but the "click" function does not. Of course this will be solved, but first I'm more curious about the device settings :)

Favorite Settings is a Samsung Omnia application included in HL1 and later ROM's, but there are already cab versions of it.

Guest lastnikita

could we get an import/export feature in .reg format ?

I guess most (all ?) the tricks here are reg changes ?

edit: or even better, a syakr task :)

Edited by lastnikita

Would it be possible to add a tweak to move the Opera cache to an external source?

Anyone know how to do this have been searching in registry but no luck!

Also download location to SD card.

Thanks

could we get an import/export feature in .reg format ?

I guess most (all ?) the tricks here are reg changes ?

edit: or even better, a syakr task :D

check the XML. It's very straight forward I think :)

Guest buyukbang

Hi sztupy,

Is it possible to add GPRS on/off button. Since Favorite Settings does not include this button, I use HTC Conn Manager. But I would like to use an all in one one-click program developed for omnia. I use reg setting to auto-shut GPRS, it's very useful, but with some programs it does not work ? May be it's because of impreper exit of the programs ??

Thanks! Gonna try it!

(it uses native code mapped into .net, so no problem :D )

Oh... just found an entire section for that in MSDN, great! http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en...2-45d23392b4e5/

I hope I'll manage to do that. The flashlight and USB still remains :)

Edited by buyukbang

Guest Stu2626
That might be because you're using i910. If you run the phone dialer, and dial *#0*# will it do anything?

I think I am using a i910 as it does not do anything with *#0*#. Is there any way around this? I get the same error message. Thanks.

I think I am using a i910 as it does not do anything with *#0*#. Is there any way around this? I get the same error message. Thanks.

No workaround. These codes won't work an i910

v0.3 for Omnia is released. Get it from the usual place ( http://winmo.sztupy.hu/favhack.html )

Changelog:

- Nested tab support

- More comfortable tab switching support (more like M2D)

- Bluetooth switching support

- Lots of tweaks from Advanced Configurator 3.3

- Stores "Confirmation boxes" setting in registry

Known Bugs:

- lots of tweaks from AC3.3 might not work. I just couldn't test each and every :)

- graphical glitches: tweak names are larget then the button in protrait mode

- missing icons: lots of tweaks doesn't have any icon. Plz help :D

Still missing:

- More useful buttons for the main page

- Wifi: working on it

- Phone/Ringer volume settings: working on it

- USB/Flashlight: need some more info

Edited by sztupy

For i910 users:

Verizon has disabled the dialparser on the i910. You might try out to get it back though. I don't whether it'll work or not...

Here you go. DL the attached file: DialParserGSM.zip extradt and copy to Windows folder on the phone.

Then set in the following key

HKLM\Software\\Microsoft\\DialParser

the following attribute: "DLL-OEM" to "dialparsergsm.dll"

after 30 seconds soft-reset, and try again. If this works, then I'll add this tweak to the phone.

Guest lastnikita
Flashlight: need some more info

Hi, there's a .exe which does switch the flashlight, maybe you could disassemble and/or ask the author to see which API call it triggers ?

btw, did you find time to look at my kitchen ? :)

Hi, there's a .exe which does switch the flashlight, maybe you could disassemble and/or ask the author to see which API call it triggers ?

btw, did you find time to look at my kitchen ? :)

Where? :D

Yep, will answer you soon, but first I have to sleep!! :)

here you go, it was posted somewhere on modaco with the author's name :)

hmm... It uses HTC's Camera DLL... Itáll work, but I think I'll try to find a more omnia way.

Very good application. I like this very much.

Would it be possible to localise it?

I think this would be great to habe a language file that could be translated in several languages.

thanks

hanzam

Very good application. I like this very much.

Would it be possible to localise it?

I think this would be great to habe a language file that could be translated in several languages.

thanks

hanzam

FavHackSettings.xml

• 2 weeks later...
Guest taggerz28

This is a great app however everytime i make a change after awhile (perhaps after a soft reset awhile later) the changes go back and dont save i.e hide sim contacts comes back later, any idea why? Am i missing something?

Thanks