WM6.5 Clean optimized ROM based DXIA5 -> SPB Mobile Shell 3 v6411

Guest sector

Guest EL DC5

Hi im from Australia and I wanted to know if the Rom on the first post is the latest atm.

Im currently running PDA:i900DXHK2/DXHK2

Phone:i900DXHK2

thanks

Guest nixxss
Hi im from Australia and I wanted to know if the Rom on the first post is the latest atm.

Im currently running PDA:i900DXHK2/DXHK2

Phone:i900DXHK2

thanks

hey dc5. it is.. however the phone is not included.. so what u can do is flash with a new rom that has the DXIA5 and then flash to this rom.. its awesome so far.. however i can't get streaming working.. what provider r u with here in Oz?

Guest Guv Nagra

What am I doing wrong?

I've followed the instruction on installing this ROM and I get to the starting windows mobile loading screen and leave the phone untill the pre configuration pop-up appears, the phone then restarts. Windows starts to load and the phone asks me to tap the screen to set up the phone which I do. I calibrate the screen, enter the time and date, skip the password screen, skip the e-mail screen, the phone now tells me that setup is complete ans I tap the screen. I then get a Data Connection screen asking me if I would like to automatically configure network settings, I click on 'Yes'

A pop up then apears titled 'MortScript V4.2' it says '.mscr and .mortrun extensions registered. Please run any .mscr/.mortrun file or read the manual. I click on ok. Now what do I do theres no SPB Shell? just the normal one with pictures, music, phone ect in a list down the left.

When I look in Programs there's a folder for Spb Mobile Shell when I go in to the folder there are 9 spb icons ( [Call Log], [Favorites], [Launcher], [Lock Device], [My Shortcuts], [spb Contacts], [spb Menu], [Task Mgr], and [Tools]) when I click on any of the icons nothing happenes!

I've tryed hard reseting the device and still no SPB. I've even re-installed the ROM but again no SPB. Any help would be appreciated. My previous rom was i900DXIA5 SHKv5 21210. M2D & Titanium Updated 19/04/09.

Guest sector
What am I doing wrong?

I've followed the instruction on installing this ROM and I get to the starting windows mobile loading screen and leave the phone untill the pre configuration pop-up appears, the phone then restarts. Windows starts to load and the phone asks me to tap the screen to set up the phone which I do. I calibrate the screen, enter the time and date, skip the password screen, skip the e-mail screen, the phone now tells me that setup is complete ans I tap the screen. I then get a Data Connection screen asking me if I would like to automatically configure network settings, I click on 'Yes'

A pop up then apears titled 'MortScript V4.2' it says '.mscr and .mortrun extensions registered. Please run any .mscr/.mortrun file or read the manual. I click on ok. Now what do I do theres no SPB Shell? just the normal one with pictures, music, phone ect in a list down the left.

When I look in Programs there's a folder for Spb Mobile Shell when I go in to the folder there are 9 spb icons ( [Call Log], [Favorites], [Launcher], [Lock Device], [My Shortcuts], [spb Contacts], [spb Menu], [Task Mgr], and [Tools]) when I click on any of the icons nothing happenes!

I've tryed hard reseting the device and still no SPB. I've even re-installed the ROM but again no SPB. Any help would be appreciated. My previous rom was i900DXIA5 SHKv5 21210. M2D & Titanium Updated 19/04/09.

copy \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\SPB Mobile Shell.lnk to \Window\Startup\

you can launch also the spb if u go to Programs -> SPB Mobile Shell.

Guest Guv Nagra
copy \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\SPB Mobile Shell.lnk to \Window\Startup\

you can launch also the spb if u go to Programs -> SPB Mobile Shell.

I'm using file explorer and I can't find the a file called 'SPB Mobile Shell.Ink' in the \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ folder. There is a folder called SPB Mobile Shell. I tryed copying this to \Window\Startup\ and then did a soft reset. The phone came up with an error about the certificates not being signed off?

Do I need to use another file explorer software to view this file?

Guest nixxss
I'm using file explorer and I can't find the a file called 'SPB Mobile Shell.Ink' in the \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ folder. There is a folder called SPB Mobile Shell. I tryed copying this to \Window\Startup\ and then did a soft reset. The phone came up with an error about the certificates not being signed off?

Do I need to use another file explorer software to view this file?

i couldn't find it either, but when i restart my phone, it goes to titanium for about 10 secs, then switches automatically to spb.. doesn't bother me.. though wouuld b nice 4 it 2 start directly to titanium..

Guest nixxss

hey sector, anyway to disable this: Opera AdBlock! Surf safely :D .

I've been on the phone with network provider trying to figure out how to stream media as i can't do it any more.. and they told me that it could be due to active x controls, or popups being blocked..

Guest sector
hey sector, anyway to disable this: Opera AdBlock! Surf safely :D .

I've been on the phone with network provider trying to figure out how to stream media as i can't do it any more.. and they told me that it could be due to active x controls, or popups being blocked..

delete in Application Data\Opera9\urlfilter.ini

Guest markally123

PLEASE HELP

Hi.. I am totally new to flashing roms.. although I have been reading the forums for months!

I managed to update my omnia with the current rom from Samsung

I also managed to update with Sectors rom.. which I am looking forward to

The problem I have is that it KEEPS RESTARTING after preconfiguration... any thoughts?

Note that I had to install Sectors ROM twice because the first one failed because my samsung drivers were not installed.. fixed that... JOB COMPLETE... but cannot do anything

ALSO... on bootup is still shows Windows 6.1 is that right?

Thanks

MArk

Guest sector
PLEASE HELP

Hi.. I am totally new to flashing roms.. although I have been reading the forums for months!

I managed to update my omnia with the current rom from Samsung

I also managed to update with Sectors rom.. which I am looking forward to

The problem I have is that it KEEPS RESTARTING after preconfiguration... any thoughts?

Note that I had to install Sectors ROM twice because the first one failed because my samsung drivers were not installed.. fixed that... JOB COMPLETE... but cannot do anything

ALSO... on bootup is still shows Windows 6.1 is that right?

Thanks

MArk

reflash it again. something went wrong during flashing.

hard reset before flashing and after.

Guest markally123
reflash it again. something went wrong during flashing.

hard reset before flashing and after.

After reflashing a number of times... it has now stablised. HOWEVER

This does not look any different to WinMO 6.1... and even seems the same as spbshell 2.1

Hmm... did I flash the wrong rom? When I go to ABOUT it says... Windows Mobile 6.1 professional NOT 6.5

Thanks

**** HAve just noted that somehow I actually downloaded and flashed the version 3 ROM... not the version 4... So I will try this part again.... not sure how that happened, I clicked on the link

*** STILL have intermittent restarting with message about preconfig... of course, this brings everything back to default settings which is really annoying. Also the phone may reset and default with a soft reset, or even just switching off and on again. ANY further thoughts? Perhaps I need to use a different ROM and install SPB shell separately, but I like the apps taht SECTOR has removed and added

Edited by markally123

Guest laguna33p

Tried to flash to this ROM, in the flash box came up with reboot twice and the screen when blank..now omnia seems dead..cant even switch on and not even getting the charging light when plugged into mains...help please

Guest Xcessive
it could but very hard procedure and hex editing.

hi its me again i'm having some problems to get it started he reseted now 4 times and counting and something like morthScript 4.2 problems

can you help me with this?????

Edited by Xcessive

Guest laguna33p

Do not flash this rom, I have successfully flashed my omnia with other roms but this one left me with a dead phone within a few seconds...not impressed.

Guest sector
Do not flash this rom, I have successfully flashed my omnia with other roms but this one left me with a dead phone within a few seconds...not impressed.

i think you are over reacting as many ppl didnt have such problems.

Guest Guesss
i think you are over reacting as many ppl didnt have such problems.

my omnia falls asleep and cant wake up unless i restart it :S sometimes it does but sometimes it doesnt :S

Guest PrestigeZ

hello sector , i've tried ur rom

everything is very very perfect

thank for your hard work :D

but i've some problem when i started

my omnia it always show " MortScript V4.2' it says '.mscr and .mortrun extensions registered. Please run any .mscr/.mortrun file or read the manual "

I always to click ok to close it to run the os

how can i permanently close that pop up

thank you very much for ur nice nice nice rom

Guest Pedrovisk

Hi Guys!

My installation does not work. I am using the rom DXIA5 WM 6.5 (SK001 DXIA5 0604_4.exe) and generates the following error message:

PDA Device Found!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA Device ready to download!

Please Press Start Button if You want to download image now...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

cFile.Open Failed