WM6.5 Clean optimized ROM based DXIA5 -> SPB Mobile Shell 3 v6411

Guest sector

Guest helladios

I meant clean ROM without Spb shell... because, as I asked before, I really do not see the point of integrating a (NOT-) shell (interface, menu system maybe, but not "shell") in the ROM. I know there are many (some) other good clean ROM's around, and I have tried most of them, with and without Manila or Spb Shell. However, something is always missing. The reason I asked you was that it seems you are very careful and knowledgeable, not someone who has read 50 pages and started cooking ROM's (as anyone, including myself, could do).

As for my "method", I have published it before (I cannot remember on whιch thread) and, again, I was prompted to intervene with someone who claimed it was "their" method at http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...finally-solved/. (You can scroll down until you find my entry.) If you read the thread and you do not make sense, please ask me to re-write everything.

Μένω στη Λεμεσό. Πιο πολύ με υπολογιστές ασχολούμαι παρά με τηλέφωνα... κινητό τηλέφωνο πήρα μόλις πριν μερικούς μήνες. Μετά από πολλά επαγγέλματα (και καθηγητής σε Κολέγιο) τώρα έχω κατάστημα παραδοσιακών προϊόντων. Χάρηκα!

Edited by helladios

I meant clean ROM without Spb shell... because, as I asked before, I really do not see the point of integrating a (NOT-) shell (interface, menu system maybe, but not "shell") in the ROM. I know there are many (some) other good clean ROM's around, and I have tried most of them, with and without Manila or Spb Shell. However, something is always missing. The reason I asked you was that it seems you are very careful and knowledgeable, not someone who has read 50 pages and started cooking ROM's (as anyone, including myself, could do).

As for my "method", I have published it before (I cannot remember on whιch thread) and, again, I was prompted to intervene with someone who claimed it was "their" method at http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-omnia-h...finally-solved/. (You can scroll down until you find my entry.) If you read the thread and you do not make sense, please ask me to re-write everything.

Μένω στη Λεμεσό. Πιο πολύ με υπολογιστές ασχολούμαι παρά με τηλέφωνα... κινητό τηλέφωνο πήρα μόλις πριν μερικούς μήνες. Μετά από πολλά επαγγέλματα (και καθηγητής σε Κολέγιο) τώρα έχω κατάστημα παραδοσιακών προϊόντων. Χάρηκα!

Oh thanks for you good words. I understand what u mean by releasing a clean rom, then it will be more user customizable. The idea for creating SPB Mob Shell is because there are also roms fro M2D, so why not for SPB :). It is a bit unfair lefting the SPB funs outside.

I recommend qbus clean rom not that the other chefs are doint a great job. I also use that one and we are cooperating on making better roms as with some other chefs, (better work as a team instead alone).

Χάρηκα για τη γνωριμία! Είμαι από Λευκωσία, τελείωνω τώρα τις σπούδες μου. Μακάρι να πιασώ κι εγώ δουλεία σαν καθηγητής :D ή κάτι ανάλογο. Νάσε καλά. Καλή τύχη και αν θες μιλάμε και από messengers.

Guest miles_muso
just want to say thank you to mile_muso who donated! :) i have put a lot of effort on this one.

thanks buddy

No problems - just wish I had more to give!!

BTW, I still want to use my preferred FunContact, ThumbCal and SMSChat. Should I just install them as usual, or could you tell me how to install them using UC (I know you locked UC on your ROM.)

Hope you're getting donations from other SPB users as well. Check out my forum post here

Thanks for all your hard work!

Edited by miles_muso

Guest gavinfabl
No problems - just wish I had more to give!!

BTW, I still want to use my preferred FunContact, ThumbCal and SMSChat. Should I just install them as usual, or could you tell me how to install them using UC (I know you locked UC on your ROM.)

Hope you're getting donations from other SPB users as well.

Thanks for all your hard work!

great rom but I have installed Samsung Clock but cannot get Alarm watcher installed as I get an error message 'insufficient system permissions '

Any ideas please ?

Guest sivaspor

Fully charged battery in one night completely discharged and I can't charge it anymore,

I've this never seen before.

I choosed this rom because of HTC sensors,

sensor applications works only with this rom correctly.

But I can't use this rom anymore because every day battery charging is not good for me.

But rom is fast and stable,

I hope battery drain problem will be resolved.

or other rom makers may think about including htc sensor apis their roms.

I never had issues with the battery... What activities are you doing on Omnia?

Standard time is about 2-3 days idle. When u mess around it all the time it will drain of course.

Drain battery issues: wifi, camera, 3G, GPS, etc etc. Im sure you know this.

I dont believe is my firmware... I havent touched anything related to the battery or added smth in startup or services that automatically checks or runs in background.

Have you installed any extra programs that are battery hungry?

Try to discharge totally the battery and let it charge again. Sometimes this helps.

When the windows notifies you that you have low battery, plug it to the charger.

Let it charge again for 10-12 hours.

thanks sec

Guest sivaspor
I never had issues with the battery... What activities are you doing on Omnia?

Standard time is about 2-3 days idle. When u mess around it all the time it will drain of course.

Drain battery issues: wifi, camera, 3G, GPS, etc etc. Im sure you know this.

I dont believe is my firmware... I havent touched anything related to the battery or added smth in startup or services that automatically checks or runs in background.

Have you installed any extra programs that are battery hungry?

Try to discharge totally the battery and let it charge again. Sometimes this helps.

When the windows notifies you that you have low battery, plug it to the charger.

Let it charge again for 10-12 hours.

thanks sec

It was just standby mode and has connected to my pc,

and I've powered off pc but I forgot to unwire the USB cable,

I can't open mine pda again today.

Battery was discharged and doesn't start pda.

Now I'v recharged pda but I'm afraid that battery tomorrow will be discharged again.

I don't know what is wrong, and be sure I don't blame you.

May because from rom?.

I tried only your roms because htc sensors works pretty ( DXIA en DXHK variant )

Meanwhile screen and other functions were completely off, it was just connected to closed pc.

and battery was fully charged at %100.

I have no idea why is that going on. Do other users have the same problem? Please guys if u have similar problems report it.

If u feel like that it is from the rom u can choose of course from other cookers :).

There is a cab for HTCSensors somewhere around.

Guest Barthlon
my battery is fine on this rom .

btw has anyone got the samsung smartconverter app to work. I installed the one shown on lufeig's thread.?

well, bobobird mentioned this in qbus' thread:

"lf's cabs are from older ROMS and there could have been minor changes in the apps - eg I installed his SharePix and Smart Converter. Sharepix doesnt work and Converter starts behind the m2d skin."

it seems that there are changes made in some software going from AI1->AI2 and that you can't just interchange cabs to get the software to work properly, you really need the versions from AI2 :)

man, it's such a shame that i use tasks so much and i just can't do without them. this is probably the only reason i just can't stick to mobile shell... (other than that it's still not possible to integrate it fully into the today screen).

i set my hopes on pointui 2.0 :D

Guest gavinfabl

Thanks for reply. I will have a search for the latest cab.

Sector, finally at a keyboard and not replying on my Omnia. Just wanted to add how wonderful this rom is . On my 2nd day and battery is only at 70%.

Great work!!

Guest arnaldur

:) - H E L P !!!

Bricked my phone trying to install your ROM - Now I'm stuck with the black/white Samsung Omnia window and no way of connecting the phone via Active Sync to reinstall previous ROM.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

I was using AEHH2 - French SFR ROM

well, bobobird mentioned this in qbus' thread:

"lf's cabs are from older ROMS and there could have been minor changes in the apps - eg I installed his SharePix and Smart Converter. Sharepix doesnt work and Converter starts behind the m2d skin."

it seems that there are changes made in some software going from AI1->AI2 and that you can't just interchange cabs to get the software to work properly, you really need the versions from AI2 :)

man, it's such a shame that i use tasks so much and i just can't do without them. this is probably the only reason i just can't stick to mobile shell... (other than that it's still not possible to integrate it fully into the today screen).

i set my hopes on pointui 2.0 :D

It would be nice if someone will handle the CABs repository. Cookers rather have no time to update CABs constantly when new stock version appears.

Guest shokka9

second that qbus.

Most cabs from earlier ROMs, will work. It is only the odd few ( i think, probably the sames ones that change places from ROM to ROM)

Time is of the essence.

Sorry to ask but my Omnia can't get on-line to surf, download GPS Xtra, reterive mail even thou it shows i'm connected to wifi or data cable to my computer after flashing this rom. Do anyone face the same problem like me? :)

Sorry to ask but my Omnia can't get on-line to surf, download GPS Xtra, reterive mail even thou it shows i'm connected to wifi or data cable to my computer after flashing this rom. Do anyone face the same problem like me? :)

Shamelessly copied from Qbus' Rom instructions:

REMEMBER! Since this is based on DXIA2 ROM after the installation you have to go to Connection/Operator Settings option in Control panel select other operator then yours, accept it then enter the option again and change operator to yours. If you don't do that you will have problems with ActiveSync/Internet/Wifi. It is also adviced to choose automatic option in Browser Connection Settings.

Guest KingBorn88

Hi All! This rom seems fantastic... is it possible to flash it on Windows Vista with Grand Prix?   Someone tried?  

I don't want to brick my omnia... :)

Hi All! This rom seems fantastic... is it possible to flash it on Windows Vista with Grand Prix? Someone tried?

I don't want to brick my omnia... :)

Better to update on XP

Does this work on the samsung i910? Sounds great, just dont want to brick my phone.

Thanks.

No, im sorry. Only i900.

Guest cleusewitz

any garmin user on this rom? ever since i update this rom , my garmin mobile xt cant show correctly , my vehicle are out of the road ..i try to reinstall / update it , but still happen same thing ...anyone face this problem too?