T-mobile UK WM 6.1 official rom for Vario III...

Guest David Mc0

Guest David Mc0

Hello,

I recently had my Kaiser replaced by T-mobile UK, due to faulty USB socket.

I received a replacement with WM 6.1 official T-mobile ROM for Kaiser/vario III, which I did not know existed, and cannot find any mention of it anywhere here or at XDA-devs.

Does anyone else know where any info about it is? I don't want to flash another rom until I know I can revert back to this for any future warranty return. I've dumped & attempted a reconstruction, which I'm not sure has gone well.

Would anyone be willing to try flashing it? (as if I do, and it did not work, I'll lose the official 6.1 rom and don't know where to get it from again!).

Any help or info would be appreciated!

Hello,

I recently had my Kaiser replaced by T-mobile UK, due to faulty USB socket.

I received a replacement with WM 6.1 official T-mobile ROM for Kaiser/vario III, which I did not know existed, and cannot find any mention of it anywhere here or at XDA-devs.

Does anyone else know where any info about it is? I don't want to flash another rom until I know I can revert back to this for any future warranty return. I've dumped & attempted a reconstruction, which I'm not sure has gone well.

Would anyone be willing to try flashing it? (as if I do, and it did not work, I'll lose the official 6.1 rom and don't know where to get it from again!).

Any help or info would be appreciated!

Hi David,

Yes, I have the same. Mine went back for a keyboard repair (twice). The first time in late Spring, it came back with a repair docket saying "Software upgrade" but it was still a version of WM6.0 (I didn't check how much higher if any, the upgrade version was). The second time, at the end of October, same "Software upgrade" docket, this time with 6.1 (CE OS 5.2.19212 Build 19212.1.0.3). Mrs D has a kaiser too, and hers is still on 6.0. Fortunately, she couldn't care less about most of the differences, but the threaded SMS app would be nice for her. I haven't found an official source from which to upgrade hers, and don't have the spare time to learn how to get this build off here and onto hers...

Maybe hers will develop a fault and need a repair too :)

Dox.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest splinter98
What version is this? Unhelpfully, the T-Mobile download site doesn't actually say what's in it!

Well I finally got round to updating the ROM, and I can confirm it is Windows Mobile 6.1 and here is a screenshot of the Rom info

rominfo.jpg

Hope that helps people

Splinter98

Note: I have yet to see any news about this, I know most people have moved on/used cooked ROMs but I don't know if people know about this or not.

• 7 months later...