Best deal for Touch HD

Guest gazbert

Guest B_gremlins
B) I'm definitely getting one of these now :(

:( Hi just upgraded to a free touch HD on O2 with 600 mins & 500 texts for £30 per month from mobiles.co.uk.

I rang O2 on 202 and on the second attempt managed to exchange the unlimited texts for the web bolt on. :(

Guest Dale Pearson
B) Hi just upgraded to a free touch HD on O2 with 600 mins & 500 texts for £30 per month from mobiles.co.uk.

I rang O2 on 202 and on the second attempt managed to exchange the unlimited texts for the web bolt on. :(

When did you get this, as last time I spoke to them they were out of stock.

Also how come you got it for £30 and not £35?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Dale Pearson

Guest Chrissssssss

Phoned up T-Mobile to cancel today. Contract ends 16th next month. Was surprised they made no effort to keep me with them.

Went into Orange shop after work and had no help there either. Didn't seem to know about the 500MB £5 bundle only an £8 "unlimited" option and wouldn't drop prices so buying online now.

Guest markdotpeters5

phones4u.co.uk are doing the Touch HD for free on Dolphin £30 - 400 minutes and essentially unlimited (3000) texts.

Interestingly, I went into the Orange shop today to ask if they would price match (CPW do it for free on Dolphin 35 too) and they said they wouldn't. (They wanted £200!!). After I expressed this was a tad odd, the fella insisted that Phones4u and CPW must be making a loss, and they (Orange) artificially inflated the price of the phone so they don't sell any!

I just laughed at him and walked out. Seriously, where do they get these people!

I'm looking at getting the contract for the wife, and me essentially buying the HD off her, then unlocking it for my O2 sim.

Guest B_gremlins
When did you get this, as last time I spoke to them they were out of stock.

Also how come you got it for £30 and not £35?

Thanks in advance.

Touch HD was ordered on the 27 Feb 09 and was delivered a couple of days later, the £30 is on a 24 months tariff.

PS found www.omio.com a very usefull site to find a mobile deal.

Guest ginnermark

I went straight to Orange and got 750 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited net at w/e and evening with free (normally £5pm) 200mb to use in the daytime. Handset free too, for £34pm. I thought that was ok.

Guest StephenR

Touch HD is back in stock at buymobilephones.net so I have just ordered it for free on Dolphin 25 + 500MB data for £30 per month. This gives me 400 mins and unlimited texts (24 month contract). Also get £35 cashback. I currently have a T-Mobile MDA Vario III and was going to upgrade to the Vario IV, but they wanted over £200 so I decided to go with the Touch HD on Orange instead. A bit nervous about only having a touch screen when I am used to using the Vario's keyboard, but I'm sure I'll manage! My Touch HD arrives tomorrow B)

Edited by StephenR

Guest Chrissssssss

Not been having much luck with the order so far. Card wasn't accepted last Wednesday. Had an email to say they'd contact me soon which was then on Friday. Rang to give the card details again and was told the phone was out of stock but said I was happy to wait. Yesterday received an email saying they have tried contacting me to see if I want to continue with the order (heard nothing since Friday) so replied to say I did.

Anyway, I think I might cancel the order. Just noticed a deal on Beepy - anyone used them? 18 months, Dolphin 25, phone £66 and £40 quidco cashback. Seems far better than the £199 to Orange with £60 cashback.

If I order that then ring up Orange to add internet access what options will I be offered? The £5 500MB? Was told by someone in a shop about an £8 "unlimited" option.

Guest Chrissssssss

Although looking at the review for Beepy I'm not sure I want to use them. Won't have a problem with gifts/cashback through them though as it's not an offer with the phone so might not be too bad. Hmmm.

Guest Chrissssssss

Lots of posts I am sorry!

Just found it free on Dolphin 25 with Phones4U with £30 quidco cashback.

That was the Touch 3G B)

Edited by Chrissssssss

Guest galthop
Although looking at the review for Beepy I'm not sure I want to use them. Won't have a problem with gifts/cashback through them though as it's not an offer with the phone so might not be too bad. Hmmm.

If you decide to go with beepy, make sure you call them first to check if the phone is in stock. I ordered from them last week when their web site said it was in stock only to be told the next day the (on the phone) that they did not have any in stock and did not know when they would get some.

Guest Chrissssssss
If you decide to go with beepy, make sure you call them first to check if the phone is in stock. I ordered from them last week when their web site said it was in stock only to be told the next day the (on the phone) that they did not have any in stock and did not know when they would get some.

Did you continue with the order and have you had the phone yet?

Orange emailed me today to say they hadn't heard from me and are now cancelling my order. Useless people. So have to order it from somewhere (else) now.

Guest galthop
Did you continue with the order and have you had the phone yet?

Orange emailed me today to say they hadn't heard from me and are now cancelling my order. Useless people. So have to order it from somewhere (else) now.

I cancelled the beepy order and went to BuyMobilePhones.net. Ordered on Friday and received the phone on Saturday morning.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest StGeorge

Well it's that time again, eligible for an upgrade on Orange and having debated whether or not I can cope without a keypad I am probably going to upgrade by Touch Dual for the HD. I am fairly happy with my current tarrif..... 750 mins, 500 texts, 250MB and Orange Care for £30 per month so not to worried about screwing the price on this too much BUT when I spoke to the not-so-nice lady from Orange they still want £200 for the upgrade!!! Now obviously not paying that so will have to go down the whole "I am leaving" route..... will let you know how I get on!

My question tho, does anyone know when Orange are likely to have this in stock? At the moment the best they can offer is "you need to phone every day to see if they are back in stock", or is it possible that I arrange a deal with retentions and pick up the handset from a store that has them in stock?

Cheers all.......

• 1 month later...
Guest o2_guy

my deal on orange was

900 mins

unlim data

unlim weekend calls

unlim txt

orange magic number

orange cinema

£35 18month deal touch hd free of cost

this was a retention deal