SHOW US YOUR DISPLAY!!

Guest SwagR

Guest GodsGift
another one of my themes... again for Touchshell... this one under the working name of "Red Son"...

sshot024.jpg

M

Dude, please can you post or PM me this wallpaper?

ta thanks...

GG

Guest monsterpt
Here's my twist on the Samsung Today2

Nice! What are you using to edit the buttons in Today 2? I like the task bar at the top. I have not been able to find anything like that.

Guest WdGldDave
Nice! What are you using to edit the buttons in Today 2? I like the task bar at the top. I have not been able to find anything like that.

The buttons in Today 2 are showing the Silverblack theme. I got it here.

PPC Geeks - Silver and Black themes

The task bar at the top is the Jinks skin in Phone Alarm. It works nicely with today 2. You have to tweak your registry a bit to force it to thee top of the screen over the today 2 plugin.

Edited by WdGldDave

Guest thepeoplesclub

That sin city SPB theme is sweet! How did you do the clock? I'm so tired of the clocks using Imarche skins, and I don't want to pay for extra Clock on their website!

Guest methosivanhoe
That sin city SPB theme is sweet! How did you do the clock? I'm so tired of the clocks using Imarche skins, and I don't want to pay for extra Clock on their website!

the clock was quite easy to do actually...

all the images are stored quite happily in bmp format in .DAT files, so extracting them and editing them to what i need wasn't a problem at all

the only problem i'm having is actually editing the 'icons' as BMP's dont allow for transparency... so i'm still trying to figure out how to get the transparency i need...

M

Guest lentini

My Omnia running Tarils DXIA2 rom using a modified Torx Development WAD2 iPhone skin and a few custom icons:

omnia.png

Not the most interesting of screens but it does the job :(

Guest methosivanhoe

ok, i'm game for this...

i'm running a heavily customised SPB MobileShell 2.1.5

sshot000.jpg

sshot001.jpg

sshot002.jpg

sshot003.jpg

sshot004.jpg

sshot005.jpg

Note the weather screen has been replaced for ease of access to the 'Ringtune Profiles' menu... The weather is now displayed in a small icon on my home screen by the clock, and then the weather screen is accessable by clicking there.

M

Guest 3shirts
ok, i'm game for this...

i'm running a heavily customised SPB MobileShell 2.1.5

sshot000.jpg

sshot001.jpg

sshot002.jpg

sshot003.jpg

sshot004.jpg

sshot005.jpg

Note the weather screen has been replaced for ease of access to the 'Ringtune Profiles' menu... The weather is now displayed in a small icon on my home screen by the clock, and then the weather screen is accessable by clicking there.

M

That's some serious tweaking! How did you manage to get the weather on the clock like that?

Guest methosivanhoe
methosivanhoe, glad to see someone using the background + tweaked layout I posted. :(

yeah... i've since customised the backdrop and icons a bit... mainly because i prefer darker backdrops and the icons didn't show up that well...

i'll get around to posting a screenshot of it soon B)

M

Guest sumo_Bob

I haven't installed a screen capture app yet, so you'll just have to use you imagination.

For now, I'm using the "Samsung Widget" today screen.

Current Background:

urban.jpg

yeah... i've since customised the backdrop and icons a bit... mainly because i prefer darker backdrops and the icons didn't show up that well...

i'll get around to posting a screenshot of it soon B)

That would be great, maybe you could post the finished .dat files too. :(

I love greatbal's theme, the icons are spot-on and retain the Omnia feel very well. I'm also finding SPB far better than Manila for my needs, smooth and customizable. Here's a couple more backgrounds.

red3.pnggreen1.png

Edited by Jumba

It's not a simple process. You have to edit the files ql_bkg_now.dat (landscape) and qp_bkg_now.dat (portrait). These are actually zip files (password: b0fm18zq). You will need to save your background as a 16-bit .bmp file with the settings R5 G6 B5 - at least that's how you save it in Photoshop. I'm not sure how else you can save files in this format. You then need to unzip the .dat files, replace the files Background.bmp and Separator2.bmp with your background file, then re-zip as before, making sure the files are password-protected with the same password.

That's it in a nutshell. For more info I suggest doing a search here or on xda. Let's not clutter up this thread with too many off-topic posts. :(

Guest methosivanhoe

the master beat me too it... :(

he's spot on though, it's a very complecated process as everything's in BMP format, not the familier PNG that Manila uses for transparency

M

Guest thestar_2009
That's some serious tweaking! How did you manage to get the weather on the clock like that?

Whats the name of the weather app you are using? Can we have a link please.

Guest Dskiciador

Hi,

when I click in the clock, spb opens the windows mobile clock but I want the original omnia application is it possible????

thank you very much!!!

Edit.

Could I overwrite "clock.exe" with "tclock.exe"? clock.exe is in ROM memory.....

thanks!

Edited by Dskiciador

Guest dwethiswar

display after having the phone for 2 weeks; I'm not really into looks, this thing is mainly my business phone; anyway function comes before fashion for any electronic device I own. Today gives me immedeate acces to things used most, QuickMenu handles the rest.

The green on black is because this seems to yield the best readability outside.

QuickMenu deosn't hook my StartMenu icon anymore so I placed the Q icon on top of it :[

scr02022009.gif

Edited by dwethiswar