• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

XDA Serra

5 posts in this topic

Posted

For those who do not wish to enter the world of ROM flashing, O2 have issued a fix for getting a GPS lock more quickly.

In reality, as far as I can see this is just a cab to install quickGPS, which many people will have but was not part of the Serra stock ROM.

Personally I prefer the whole new ROM approach, but this is downloadable from the O2 web site and so will not void warranty and may help some people.

Someone over at XDA pointed this out, and I thought it was worth mentioning here.

Posted

For those who do not wish to enter the world of ROM flashing, O2 have issued a fix for getting a GPS lock more quickly.

In reality, as far as I can see this is just a cab to install quickGPS, which many people will have but was not part of the Serra stock ROM.

Personally I prefer the whole new ROM approach, but this is downloadable from the O2 web site and so will not void warranty and may help some people.

Someone over at XDA pointed this out, and I thought it was worth mentioning here.

I got it off the XDA site the other night and WOW what an improvement in performance - well worth the download and install if you have slow GPS lock

Posted

Yes- O2 have confirmed that this is just a copy of QuickGPS. It was omitted from the original ROM as O2 were intending to use the chipset's A-GPS features with their A-GPS signals to be broadcast across the service channels. For some reason this never materialised.

O2 have also confirmed that a whole new ROM is to be released sometime in Q1

Posted (edited)

Do any networks in the UK even support A-GPS. Personally I can't even see the point in it, literally gives you your location within 1000-5000 meters (I'd assume this would be the initial fix as well) and is highly in-accurate.

Edited by UndeadDevil

Posted

This fix works perfectly. Fix would take upto 20mins, now takes less than 2mins.

I do not believe A-GPS is supported. It is disabled as default in the O2 Rom.