Really Strange contact issue...

Guest fatmcgav

Guest fatmcgav

HI tehre,

I'm have a really strange issue with my new T-Mobile MDA Vario IV.

It doesn't appear to be matching/resolving/linking/however you'd describe it phone numbers to contacts...

Ok, as an example, i've got a contact with a phone number 077123456789. If that contact texts me, the number is displayed as +4477123456789, and doesnt link back to the contact details if i click on the number, try to phone etc...

Conversly, if i change the contact number to be +4477123456789, then the number is displayed correctly on texts, but doesnt get picked up when the person is calling me...

Anybody else experienced this? Any ideas on how i resolve it?

Cheers

Gavin

Guest fatmcgav
Flash to a custom ROM on XDA-Dev, the T-Mobile ROM is awful

What makes you say that? As i haven't found the T-Mobile ROM too bad...

But i'll have a lk...

Anyone else...

Cheers

Gavin

Guest awarner (MVP)

This is an occasional bug that crops up from time to time.

The first smartphones all had this issue which bought rise to the little application by Paul (if I remember correctly) called contact reformatter to convert all your contacts to the +44 format. I will have a hunt for the app but its been many years since I used it last.

Apart from that the only other option apart from flashing is to manually change your contacts to the +44 format.

Also check your contacts have all numbers as +44 for example you could have a contact set for work as 07.... instead of having it listed as a mobile contact and so the Txt set up for +44 would give you the problem you have above.

Guest fatmcgav
This is an occasional bug that crops up from time to time.

The first smartphones all had this issue which bought rise to the little application by Paul (if I remember correctly) called contact reformatter to convert all your contacts to the +44 format. I will have a hunt for the app but its been many years since I used it last.

Apart from that the only other option apart from flashing is to manually change your contacts to the +44 format.

But i tried that, and on the couple of contacts i did, it didnt seem to pick up the contact details when receiveing a call from them...

Shall give it another go though...

Guest awarner (MVP)

have a quick read of my message above as I edited it.

I was called off for a job mid-typing and by the time I returned and submitted the edit you had posted your reply.

Guest awarner (MVP)

Also check what version of Outlook you have on the PC from past topics regarding this Outlook 2002 caused a known issue with contacts and the way they are formatted and sorted.

Guest UndeadDevil
What makes you say that? As i haven't found the T-Mobile ROM too bad...

For starters I had the exact same issue as you once I synced my contacts over exchange. I also had Stability Issues (Kept crashing randomly) and Tearing in 3D Apps, and alot of people don't like the TouchFlo3D Skin. (Of course that can be changed with 3rd Party Apps though)

Guest fatmcgav

Sweet, just got a solution from over on XDADevelopers...

Call ID Matching...

Was set to 12 on mine, needs to be 8...

To change, open Advanced Config -> Phone -> Call ID Match...

Dropped mine to 8, reset and bang, all back to normal... :)

Cheers for the tips...

Gav

• 6 months later...
Guest mitman
Sweet, just got a solution from over on XDADevelopers...

Call ID Matching...

Was set to 12 on mine, needs to be 8...

To change, open Advanced Config -> Phone -> Call ID Match...

Dropped mine to 8, reset and bang, all back to normal... :D

Cheers for the tips...

Gav

This fixes the text message contact problem but does the official HTC rom fix other problems that I don't know about.

In other words, what else does the official rom do or add.

Cheers