minimod Camera applet & driver

Guest Pako777

Guest s0cks
that file was packed by UPX compress so you can optimize as small as program can (depend on some file)

Yeah...

You are right... I forgot that I optimized it...

Guest sidfire

Hello all and greetings to Shokka from Sydney :-) I was just looking at your camera mod..

I am on Taril's Rom at the moment .. and I dont want to remove it but still use this minimod camera dll ... is there any way I can flash only this file into my custom rom without flashing it completely ?

anyone's suggestion would be great..

and thanks again.

cheers,

Sid

Guest s0cks
Hello all and greetings to Shokka from Sydney :-) I was just looking at your camera mod..

I am on Taril's Rom at the moment .. and I dont want to remove it but still use this minimod camera dll ... is there any way I can flash only this file into my custom rom without flashing it completely ?

anyone's suggestion would be great..

and thanks again.

cheers,

Sid

Try to create a CAB... and point the file to \Windows dir...

Maybe it works, overwriting the file...

Guest sidfire
Try to create a CAB... and point the file to \Windows dir...

Maybe it works, overwriting the file...

thanks for the reply mate.

Lol . I made the cab file using quickcab..

and it installed fine, and I restarted the device.. and when I open camera, it just hangs on loading bit...

So i went to Remove programs and uninstalled it... restarted device, it works fine.

guess.. creating a cab file doesnt work, has to be cooked in kitchen is the only option.. well some things you just wish were otherwise.

Edited by sidfire

Guest s0cks
thanks for the reply mate.

Lol . I made the cab file using quickcab..

and it installed fine, and I restarted the device.. and when I open camera, it just hangs on loading bit...

So i went to Remove programs and uninstalled it... restarted device, it works fine.

guess.. creating a cab file doesnt work, has to be cooked in kitchen is the only option.. well some things you just wish were otherwise.

I made a CAB with modified Camera and it works well here...

Try it...

Camera.cab

Guest chokia
Pako777

Bit of a request, and i think many users will want this (if they GPS their photos).

I have camera.exe from DXHG4 (building someone a ROM), and they want this Camera as it doesn't take forever to give the GPS, on all the new ROMs, it has the LOADING screen.

On the attached .exe, this does not happen, straight to camera mode (i tested this). Can you work your magic please and make it so it gives the date & time too please.

If you can; all chefs should use it (i will), this is better than the DXIA5 camera.exe (apart form your mod of course :( )

Thanks Pako777 well in advance!! B)

Yeah i love G4 camera where that stupid "LOADING, press button to cancel GPS" doesnt appear, infact if your GPS position is locked then a nice satelite icon will appear on top left of the screen.

With that indication is enough to know that you will have geotagged on the photo that you about to shoot. (without waiting with annoying "LOADING, press button to cancel GPS")

Eversince Samsung implement that stupid loading for geotagging, i never use geotagging anymore

Guest bobobird

Thanks for the G4 camera but could someone please check that it writes the correct lat/long coordinates into the pic.

I recall that in earlier camera version that the coordinates did not correspond to the hemisphere in which the pic was taken.

Edited by bobobird

Guest barrfind2

Pakko777 great job B) works fine,but to minimalize file size plise use upx.exe its meke from 4.65mb to 1.46 mb :( sorry for my english im am from poland :(

Guest andylyf
Pakko777 great job B) works fine,but to minimalize file size plise use upx.exe its meke from 4.65mb to 1.46 mb :( sorry for my english im am from poland :(

you can upxed it yourself. Just google for squeezer 1.1 and you will be able to find the file in xda forum.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest agelo55
It is different to DXIA5 camera.exe

as you know, it changes the filename, as far as i know this is the only difference.

ather difference is that display all fotos in the folder.

Fotos from differents sources with various names try!!

Guest bobobird
Thanks for the G4 camera but could someone please check that it writes the correct lat/long coordinates into the pic.

I recall that in earlier camera version that the coordinates did not correspond to the hemisphere in which the pic was taken.

Answering my own question.

G4 camera.exe -

saves the correct geo coordinates.

will go straight to pic taking screen even with the gps setting at ON.

If it finds a signal on the pic taking screen a while SAT icon will show in the top left corner, otherwise the icon will be black.

But has not been modded to save images in yymmdd-hhmmss.jpg format.

Pako please do the honours. Thanks.

Guest Pako777
But has not been modded to save images in yymmdd-hhmmss.jpg format.

Pako please do the honours. Thanks.

i remember... but catastrophic not time.. :excl:

Guest shokka9
i remember... but catastrophic not time.. :excl:

come on Pako :excl:

i still waiting patiently :excl:

Thanks bobobird for the reminder.

Guest folletto

Try it...

installing this cab is enough to change default camera settings?

Guest lambi1982

Try it...

tried it on i910 w/wozzer WM6.5 MD2 rom and its not changing anything.

Guest aaronhome86

anyone there can help me on this???

my camera got problem....only show "loading..." for few second then jump back to today screen when i launch it...im using ROM DZIA5....

the problem occur since i try tis code..." *#2470# "

can anyone tell me is it possible to flash the omnia camera ROM only??

Edited by aaronhome86

• 1 month later...
Guest Bouvrie

A bit off-topic, but given the productive work in this thread so far, here are some other tweaks that would make the camera even better:

-Improved audio for videos (already mentioned, sadly apparently somewhat hard to implement)

-Improved resolution for panoramic photos.

The HTC Touch Pro/HD/Diamond apparently have a registry setting that allows people to make 7MP Panoramic shots. Perhaps similar registry keys are referenced within the Omnia camera application?

• 1 month later...
Guest lpachuong

Hi

I really would like to install ur new driver but dont know how.

I did modify camdriver for SE before but haven't tried on Samsung. Apparently, I think what we need to improve for Omnia's driver are:

- Sharpness

- Contrast

- Compression (88% at least)

- Exposure: this camera has very short exposure, which produces too much noise, even in daylight)

Can u please post an short instruction on how to install the driver in ur first post.

Regards

Hi lpachuong,

I am glad to see you on this forum. I know you and your cam driver from Esato - SE K810. Great driver.

I hope you will be able to improve the Omnia camdriver too.

About the actual driver you should contact Pako777. He did some changes (filenames, some changes in contrast etc.)

The driver - camera.cab is on the previous page of this thread. There is camera.exe inside the cab file.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest dwallersv
Minimum compression creates MORE noise ???

That should not be....

Seems counter-intuitive, but yes, that is exactly what can happen under the right conditions.

Lower compression == more detail. JPEG compresses by tossing high-frequency components from the image data. "high-frequency" in the case of image data means, at the extreme, adjacent pixels that are very different, rather than similar.

This is exactly what noise looks like. So, if the original raw source image data has noise in it to begin with, low compression will preserve it, where high compression will filter it out, "smoothing" the image.

This circumstance is exactly what happens in low light conditions. In this case, the amplification stages in the CCD are turned way up (that's what really happens when you turn up the "ISO" setting), which captures thermal noise in the CCD chip itself that would otherwise not be exposed.

So, it is entirely possible -- and normal -- for low compression to expose noise that's there in the image, but masked by higher-compression processing that is more lossy, and tosses this detail from the image.

If you're planning to retouch the photos on a PC to correct color, WB, and other things, You're better off going with the low-compression and keeping the noise, as well as other detail buried in the signal. Photoshop and other editing apps have good noise-eliminating algorithms that will preserve the underlying real detail that can be extracted through correlation and convolution. JPEG compression doesn't do this -- it tosses all the high-frequency stuff, noise and image data.