Fixing bluetooth audio routing for i900

Guest liads

Guest Khuanchai
:(

Nope, no problems with touch screen.

Perhaps we should try IB1's touch.dll with HH2's audio driver...

My touch screen is not accurate whenever I enable bluetooth routing but it turns to normal when I switch off the bluetooth. Maybe I should try as your suggestion.

Thank happy_joe and Liads for your advice. Can you guy use Taril's DXIA2 rom to cook BT driver? His rom is the best.

Sorry man, Taril has to do it by himself as it is not possible to properly reconstruct ROM after customization.

Guest Ali Ghassemi

Dear Liads,

My ROM version is JVHI2. Would you please post step by step instructions how to update the phone using your ROM?

Thank you in advance,

Ali

Guest Chris64

I really hope the final fix can be working with “Cyberon Speed Dial”

Most of my contacts are not in English name so, the MS VC cannot recognize them.

I just need the basic feature of BT Headset which Samsung won’t fix.

Thanks everybody!

Edited by Chris64

Dear Liads,

My ROM version is JVHI2. Would you please post step by step instructions how to update the phone using your ROM?

Thank you in advance,

Ali

Hi Ali,

I'm sorry, but I currently don't have the time to write a tutorial for GrandPrix.

I can create an exe updater for you (which is simpler to use), but I won't be able to test it at the moment.

Also, you should note that my ROM is based on DXIA2 and if you upgrade to it you'll lose the arabizer and localization you probably have on the 'JV' ROM.

I really hope the final fix can be working with “Cyberon Speed Dial”

Most of my contacts are not in English name so, the MS VC cannot recognize them.

I just need the basic feature of BT Headset which Samsung won’t fix.

Thanks everybody!

I've just decided to try Cyberon Voice Commander myself, for the same reason :(

I'll do my best to make it work as well.

Nope, no problems with touch screen.

Perhaps we should try IB1's touch.dll with HH2's audio driver...

I tried a ROM with IB1's touch.dll and speakerphone.dll, and HH2's audio driver.

The problems:

1. Speakerphone didn't work (needs speakerphone.dll from the same ROM version)

2. Touch screen froze whenever audio was routed to the bluetooth headset.

Edit: forgot to mention, the wakeup problem didn't exist on this test.

I'm now analyzing the differences between the HH2 and IB1 audio drivers.

I think I might be getting somewhere...

Edited by liads

Guest Khuanchai

Liads,

My final solutions:

1. Build a new i900 ROM with i908EngHH2 SYS (build 20271)

2. Use all OEM from i900IA2 ROM except zylonite_wavedev2.dll, touch.dll, wakeup.dll and speakerphone.dll from i908EngHH2 ROM

3. Add cyberon voice speed dial into the ROM (voice command is not very good for non-English users)

4. To use cyberon speed dial I have to install jetware bluetooth extension

My new ROM (build 20271) now can use bluetooth routing but a little funny (not too bad) touch screen when bluetooth routing is activated. It has no problem with wakeup and speakerphone.

PS. I also tried as your suggestion to use a combination of i908Eng and i908CHN dlls but the touch screen after bluetooth routing activation was even worse.

Edited by Khuanchai

Guest Khuanchai

Friends,

I'm testing my new ROM to use voice speed dial via bluetooth headset.

I need a few volunteers to test this new ROM and new function. Please apply if you:

1. want to and use to make a phone call via bluetooth

2. have a Mono bluetooth headset

3. can flash your phone with a new rom

This new ROM is just for test only not for your routine use so it will come with minimal programs. The full-functioned ROM will be publicly available after a complete test. Please send me a PM and I will send you the link when I finish the ROM.

Liads,

My final solutions:

1. Build a new i900 ROM with i908EngHH2 SYS (build 20271)

2. Use all OEM from i900IA2 ROM except zylonite_wavedev2.dll, touch.dll, wakeup.dll and speakerphone.dll from i908EngHH2 ROM

3. Add cyberon voice speed dial into the ROM (voice command is not very good for non-English users)

4. To use cyberon speed dial I have to install jetware bluetooth extension

My new ROM (build 20271) now can use bluetooth routing but a little funny (not too bad) touch screen when bluetooth routing is activated. It has no problem with wakeup and speakerphone.

PS. I also tried as your suggestion to use a combination of i908Eng and i908CHN dlls but the touch screen after bluetooth routing activation was even worse.

Thanks !

However,

1. The i908 HH2 SYS is somehow a mix between build 20269 and 20271 - see the attached SYSReport. DXIA2 is entirely build 20270.

2. Wakeup.dll does not need to be replaced. I got the phone waking up correctly with HH2's audio driver and without replacing wakeup.dll (leaving DXIA2's version).

3. The voice recognition software is not part of the clean solution I intended to form here.

Let everyone choose their own voice software. They can all be installed as CAB packages.

Which XIP did you use?

Personally, I prefer the touch interface working without problems and settling for waking up the device with the power button (or the bluetooth headset button :( )... What do you mean by funny touch screen?

I still believe the wakeup problem can be solved for the IB1 audio driver.

SYSReport.txt

Edited by liads

Personally, I prefer the touch interface working without problems and settling for waking up the device with the power button (or the bluetooth headset button :( )... What do you mean by funny touch screen?

Liads, agree wholeheartedly a trade off (if no fix can be found) of only waking up via power button is a small thing v's a 'funny' touch screen - and if u can wake up via bluetooth then see no real problem as have my z9i on, every waking hour in a day ...keep up the great work

Guest iztoogood

hye,

i've downloaded

BTAR_FIX_2.zip

can i do something but building a ROM (i'm not able to)....

can i put them anywhere ? is there a tutorial somewhere ?

C:\BTAR_FIX_2

├───OEMApps

│ AudioGainControlStart.lnk

└───OEMDrivers

│ 80e90a40-8c29-4441-8860-3981f45792ce.rgu

├───speakerphone.dll

│ imageinfo.txt

│ S000

│ S001

│ S002

│ S003

│ S004

│ speakerphone.dll

├───touch.dll

│ imageinfo.txt

│ S000

│ S001

│ S002

│ S003

│ S004

│ touch.dll

└───zylonite_wavedev2.dll

imageinfo.txt

S000

S001

S002

S003

zylonite_wavedev2.dll

Edited by iztoogood

Guest iztoogood

any one can tell me what am i supposed to find in this table opened with the shortcut AudioGainControlStart.lnk ?

post-151546-1235557097_thumb.jpg

Edited by iztoogood

hye,

i've downloaded

BTAR_FIX_2.zip

can i do something but building a ROM (i'm not able to)....

can i put them anywhere ? is there a tutorial somewhere ?

Well, on the main post there's a link to a ROM I cooked on top of DXIA2 with these files...

any one can tell me what am i supposed to find in this table opened with the shortcut AudioGainControlStart.lnk ?

That's odd..

Did you cook/use a ROM with the correct audio driver?

It won't work with the original i900 audio driver.

This is how it should look:

post-432937-1235565068_thumb.png

Guest iztoogood
Sure. Ask your friendly neighborhood ROMCooker.

if only i had "friendly neighborhood ROMCooker" ... :-) ... i have started my google lattitude... and didn't found any ;-(

Yes you can! But it wouldn't work ask expected.

that mean ... would it work a little or not at all ? may you develop please ?

i was speaking about a tutorial that explain how to patch my installed rom ... i'm really not ready

1) to make my own rom (not techy enough)

2) to install a non standard rom made by someone i dont know (because i'm not techy enough to control it)

... as i already said my i900 is really new (received last saturday), i don't have rescue plan (and money more) in case of breaking it

... but thanks for the link if one day i have time enough... maybe...

Edited by iztoogood

This is awfully too familiar...

Use Microsoft Voice Command V1.6 UK....using the mapped button on right side and speaking (which will once call initated then route thru BT headset) the error rate on the i900 is so far brillant (no errors) had on 3 previous devices and had only about 90% success rate so very interested to get the BT headset giving commands so don't have to touch/take out of pocket to call somebody

Guest happy_joe
Thanks !

However,

1. The i908 HH2 SYS is somehow a mix between build 20269 and 20271 - see the attached SYSReport. DXIA2 is entirely build 20270.

2. Wakeup.dll does not need to be replaced. I got the phone waking up correctly with HH2's audio driver and without replacing wakeup.dll (leaving DXIA2's version).

3. The voice recognition software is not part of the clean solution I intended to form here.

Let everyone choose their own voice software. They can all be installed as CAB packages.

Which XIP did you use?

I can smell the success is nearby... thanks for great efforts!!!

Guest iztoogood
That's odd..

Did you cook/use a ROM with the correct audio driver?

It won't work with the original i900 audio driver.

This is how it should look:

post-432937-1235565068_thumb.png

no i didn't... i hoped it was possible to over-write orignials ones bye those in the zip on my installed system...

(i imagine that this sentence show you how newbie i am... and explain why i'm not ready to cook a rom) :(

no i didn't... i hoped it was possible to over-write orignials ones bye those in the zip on my installed system...

(i imagine that this sentence show you how newbie i am... and explain why i'm not ready to cook a rom) :(

Hey, I tried the same thing two weeks ago.

And it should have worked, if not for some odd restrictions built into the drivers.

Guest iztoogood
Hey, I tried the same thing two weeks ago.

And it should have worked, if not for some odd restrictions built into the drivers.

Thanks liads for your attention,

does it mean that if i put

speakerphone.dll

touch.dll

zylonite_wavedev2.dll

in

/windows

it may works ?

or somewhere else ?

or more than only puting em

what do you mean by "built into the drivers" ?