Fixing bluetooth audio routing for i900

Guest liads

Guest palah
just me being dumb..... B)

Ok can confirm your latest firmware PDA; i900DXIA5/SHK15M Phone: i900BUIB1 has voice over BT working on my i900 .... not so dumb in my books ....:(

Is there any way I can turn on Voice Dial via wired headset when OMNIA in sleep mode, I can't wake it up with button on wired headset

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Guest shokka9
Ok can confirm your latest firmware PDA; i900DXIA5/SHK15M Phone: i900BUIB1 has voice over BT working on my i900 .... not so dumb in my books .... :(

Thanks Palah.......

Glad it is working for you, anychance you could post a quick guide to uisng the volume controls, just basics...i get so many people asking me...

Obviously they have to use the AudioGainControl app, but can you provide me some basic commands and values that they can try to get more sound out of their headsets...

I am using the NON BT Fix version, i dont use BT (obviously).

Thanks again bro!! B)

Guest palah
Is there any way I can turn on Voice Dial via wired headset when OMNIA in sleep mode, I can't wake it up with button on wired headset

Can anyone help?

Thanks

..using samsungs headset with wired connection if you press the button, it wakes up my i900, but does not active voice dial. as needs to be mapped to either a hardware button or via bluetooth (which wired headset is not) so unless you can get to map where ever the wired headset connects to would say u are out of luck ... but it should wake up the device with a button press

Guest palah
Thanks Palah.......

Glad it is working for you, anychance you could post a quick guide to uisng the volume controls, just basics...i get so many people asking me...

Obviously they have to use the AudioGainControl app, but can you provide me some basic commands and values that they can try to get more sound out of their headsets...

I am using the NON BT Fix version, i dont use BT (obviously).

Thanks again bro!! :(

Hey Shokka9 ... as far as the volume controls only played with one or tow and just followed Liads guide

Try: NotInCall -> NotInCall_Headset -> Common Part -> Headphone Volume

Or: NotInCall -> NotInCall_Headset -> Common Part -> DAC PGA Volume / Routing

Both of them have values you can select out of a list.

tried both and set value to from 0 (make sure you save) which makes a bit louder but not heaps. do not know much about these things so did not play too much so somebody else may be able to give advice

Guest Khuanchai
Khuanchai - how about sharing your 6.5 ??

Thanks

I posted the link for Omnia_WM6.5_M2D in that thread at Post #175.

What did you use for the XIP OEM modules, did you use the IA5 OEM?

Yes, I use IA5 OEM.

Guest Chris64
Yes you can turn on Voice Speed Dial, you need a software called "JetWare mobile bluetooth".

I installed the JETware.

Everything seemed to work fine with the Voice speed dial.

This morning I found a problem.

When somebody called, the device & BT headset are ringing.

I can answer using BT headset but, the device doesn’t work unless to turn off the BT function.

I tried to turn off by headset it didn’t work.

Is there any way I can turn on, off the BT function using headset or, any simple way?

Thanks everybody!!!

Omnia 16G

Liads’s ROM

Voice speed dial

SoftKey manager

JETware Hands free Extension V. 1.30

Sony Ericsson HBH-IV840

Edited by Chris64

Guest liads

I can answer using BT headset but, the device doesn’t work unless to turn off the BT function.

What do you mean by "the device doesn’t work"? Does the touch screen stop responding?

The latest JETware extension version is V. 1.31. Perhaps it could help.

Guest Khuanchai
I installed the JETware.

Everything seemed to work fine with the Voice speed dial.

This morning I found a problem.

Is there any way I can turn on, off the BT function using headset or, any simple way?

Thanks everybody!!!

Omnia 16G

Liads’s ROM

Voice speed dial

SoftKey manager

JETware Hands free Extension V. 1.30

Sony Ericsson HBH-IV840

If you don't mind flashing your phone again, please test my new WM6.5 ROM (linked above). Voice speed dial is already built-in and you don't need any BT extension.

Edited by Khuanchai

Guest Stevenh
I posted the link for Omnia_WM6.5_M2D in that thread at Post #175.

Yes, I use IA5 OEM.

Khuanchai, do you mean that you did not change XIP at all?

Thanks

Steven

Could this bluetooth patch could solve the high cpu usage problem when you playing music with stereo bluetooth headphone?

it was very strange that when you playing music in i900 with BT, the device.exe will hold up about 30% cpu usage.

Guest lastnikita
it was very strange that when you playing music in i900 with BT, the device.exe will hold up about 30% cpu usage.

no it's not, BT processing is using CPU a lot, I'm not sure why though (I guess the chips are only semi-hardware), but it's the same on a computer if I'm not wrong.

no it's not, BT processing is using CPU a lot, I'm not sure why though (I guess the chips are only semi-hardware), but it's the same on a computer if I'm not wrong.

Yes it using CPU, but not that a lot.

I have tested BT music playing CPU usage at HTC Touch Cruise and our I900 too, here is the result:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/dis...ise-btmusic.jpg

HTC Cruise (Polaris), running at 400mhz qualcomm msm7200 CPU.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g313/dis...nia_btmusic.jpg

Samsung i900, running at 420mhz (saw this in TCPMP) Marvall PXA310

Its tested with same mp3 and same BT headphone. I found that not the rom issue (or no update on BT driver maybe?), because in J2, G3, L2, IA2 also having this issue.

But if i not using the BT headphone connected with the PDA the device.exe will only using 5% or below.

Guest chokia

REPORT ON STEREO BLUETOOTH HEADSET

Im using Motorola s9 (Stereo Bluetooth headset) now all voice notification from the phones Microsoft Voice Command (MVC) announcing sms / email / say time/ calendar / responding to my voice command can be heard only left side of the headset which last time both earsets. For Example :-

I say : Play media

MVC says: What do you want to play, Artist, Album , Genre or Anything.

I say : Anything

MVC says : Anything

MVC will start playing the media with both earset and in stereo. (this is normal)

last time the voice command eventhough in mono (of coz in mono) but can be heard in both earsets

Guest lastnikita
Yes it using CPU, but not that a lot

well it seems so :(

maybe the qualcomm chipset has a BT optimization built-in..

anyway you can't say those 2 cpu running at the same frequency will perform the same.

and I believe tcpmp doesn't report correct values.

but, maybe you're right and BT driver needs optimization from samsung, who knows..

Guest Stevenh

Right guys, thought I'd share a little good news with everyone. For those who are a little annoyed about the wakeup thing, don't worry I should have a fix for it in the next week or two :(

The bad news, you're likely going to have to use a new XIP section (I'm still working on figuring out exactly which module causes the issue and if it can be relocated) and possibly a new bootloader if nk.exe is affected. Secondly, a number of drivers will have to be replaced as well as it's a combination of many things.

Personally I would prefer to have all drivers from the same build just to make sure no nasty surprises later on, but will find out which ones need to be replaced next week.

I may release everything as a guide once I also get the SYS and XIP porting bits working properly and if anyone's interested my tweaked mini kitchen which should handle all these porting things, then you can move it to the full kitchen to run syakr etc.

Watch this space B)

Steven

ps. If anyone is interested in trying out the i908 IB1 ROM ported to english, give me a shout, that might be next experiment :P

Edited by Stevenh