New Omnia ROM DXIA5 released by Samsung

Guest ldbs

i900onboxsmall.png
Samsung have released a new ROM for the Omnia - DXIA5 - for download!

Weighing in at a monstrous 280MB(!), members are reporting a raft of new features in the update, including (as reported by members):
  • Asphalt 4 racing game
  • Share Pix (sharing pics to the web)
  • One click settings for Flight mode, BT, Wifi, Vibrate, Motion, Etiquette, Mouse, Flashlight, USB mode
  • Improvements to phonebook application, including improved kinetic scrolling
  • Additions customisable widgets including CNN, Yahoo Stocks, Google search, Weather bar plus an option to download more from Samsung
  • Much improved alarm UI
  • New settings page split into 4 tabs - sound, display, power, memory plus 'All Settings'

Also included are a number of movie trailers, which goes some way to explain the huge download!

The update is targetting Singapore locale phones, so you'll need to tweak your device config if you wish to install on a non Singapore i900. i910 users - do NOT attempt to install this update! Click through to the full topic for a very lively discussion already around this update! :(

It's cool to see Samsung not only bug fixing but also adding features to the device, nice work guys! B)

P

[Edited by Paul (MVP) for news]

Guest tingchung_chin

agreed! look forward to see the difference, i'm going download tonight and give it a try!!! :(

this exe files is twice DZHK3 and also our OFFICIAL UNRELEASE ROM DXIA2, shd have a lot of changes, perhap B) :P :D

agreed! look forward to see the difference, i'm going download tonight and give it a try!!! :(

this exe files is twice DZHK3 and also our OFFICIAL UNRELEASE ROM DXIA2, shd have a lot of changes, perhap B) :P :D

i just updtaed.. it seems fast, new widgets like the on secany posted

but i never updated to that one so i went from DZHK3 to this

it seems good and fast for my liking!

Guest justpratik

my friend did check.

only few cosmetic changes.

1. Phonebook page no longer have to press the ULTRA MINI A-Z to choose name. The A-Z list is consolidated into a scroll bar when u can flick scroll A-Z of ur choice.

2. Widget Can customise cool.

3. Alarm much better interface.

4.Widget nw includes CNN news, yahoo stocks, google search bar, Yahoo, Weather Bar, And option to download more widgets from their samsung site.

5.Settings page is classified into 4 big tabs--> sound,display,power,memory , the main ones with " ALL SETTINGS" below.

Guest tingchung_chin
i just updtaed.. it seems fast, new widgets like the on secany posted

but i never updated to that one so i went from DZHK3 to this

it seems good and fast for my liking!

PHONE still IA2 rite? i saw some post in hardware.com in s'pore, basically, add in widgets like IA2, performance, no update from them...

Guest tingchung_chin
my friend did check.

only few cosmetic changes.

1. Phonebook page no longer have to press the ULTRA MINI A-Z to choose name. The A-Z list is consolidated into a scroll bar when u can flick scroll A-Z of ur choice.

2. Widget Can customise cool.

3. Alarm much better interface.

4.Widget nw includes CNN news, yahoo stocks, google search bar, Yahoo, Weather Bar, And option to download more widgets from their samsung site.

5.Settings page is classified into 4 big tabs--> sound,display,power,memory , the main ones with " ALL SETTINGS" below.

I see. These update had been in the OFFICIAL UNRELEASE ROM IA2, other than these?

Guest bobobird

So.... IA5 WAS NOT A HACKED/HEXED ROM ???

Anyone know if voice commands over phone and bluetooth work or not ?

DZIA5 from Singapore is English with Chinese Input enabled, DXIA5 from Phillipines site Englsih only.

Thanks

Edited by bobobird

Guest tingchung_chin
So.... IA5 WAS NOT A HACKED/HEXED ROM ???

Anyone know if voice commands over phone and bluetooth work or not ?

Thanks

based on the cosmetic changes we have now, i think you'll not feel unexpected surprise flashing this official ROM, but i'll think it'll fix bug in IA2.

Guest bobobird
based on the cosmetic changes we have now, i think you'll not feel unexpected surprise flashing this official ROM, but i'll think it'll fix bug in IA2.

Yes, you are probably very right, grrrrrr. Damn Samsung!!!!! :(

But on the other hand our experts liads and khuanchai seem to have fixed this problem. Hope they can migrate the soloution to the new rom.

AND... I truly dislike SS Updater roms...

Forces me to switch country which in the process wipes out the 16gig storage

It would be really great if one of our experts could extract the needed parts and make it into the normal "just update" type of roms that we are used to.

Edited by bobobird

This guy from PPCSG updated:-

ok flashed using vista. Total 6 files to flash. Note: during downloading 5th file at 26%,52% & 78% the % will hang for a while so dont panick.

So far I see widget got Accuweather, CNN, Yahoo stocks, Google.

New game

Asphalt4 (seems like a racing car game)

New Programs

Share Pix (seems like u upload pics to the web to share)

Favorite Settings ( to set Sound, Display, Show Battery Power and memory

One click settings: Flight mode, BT, Wifi,Vibrate,Motion,Etiquette,Mouse,Flashlight,USB)

Settings for Enchanced GPS for the auto download when connected to wifi is gone.

storage: 51mb programs: 46mb

Important: backup My storage all deleted due to some videos that comes with the rom.

Edited by chokia

Guest bobobird
I also want to add that the PHONE is IA2

but in my Storage there are a whole bunch of things added like. Mail attachements

and trailers of movies

Ahhhhh that explains the doubled size of this rom.

Guest agoesatoeb

how about its performance and battery life? any report for these?

only want to upgrade to this ROm if there is a improvenents in performance and battrey life.

or waiting Taril create his custom DXIA5 rom :(

how about its performance and battery life? any report for these?

only want to upgrade to this ROm if there is a improvenents in performance and battrey life.

or waiting Taril create his custom DXIA5 rom :(

ehm, this rom have been released since a couple of hours....how can anyone possibly report on the battery life...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.