New Omnia ROM DXIA5 released by Samsung

Guest ldbs

Guest Pako777
I get an error dissambling customer_2.csc. Do you use i900executor to disassemble the csc?

no..no..no !!! this is NOT CSC_section !!! this unknown type section .. i shall see this section

Guest ronaldb3
I've just disassembled this new one:

It contains:

- two customer.csc (one normal and the second one with 120mb size - probably that damn trailers)

- eboot, pda, phone like any other ROM

I'll unpack it and try to cook new ROM based on this one in the evening. Stay tooned :( .

taril is good for Clean - but qbus is the best for stripped, but not too much. I've been using Q04M for several weeks and it is rock solid. Looking forward to the new AI5 one.

Ron...

Why the rush to upgrade to this? Seems like Samsung has just added extra bloat and not fixed any problems (as usual) over IA2 or any previous roms so why would you be eager to wipe your phone and go through setting up everything again? Seems like its just upgrading for the sake of having the "latest".

no..no..no !!! this is NOT CSC_section !!! this unknown type section .. i shall see this section

pakko can u check also the .mli extension that was mentioned in another post?

it seems safer to flash like that. thanks bro

Why the rush to upgrade to this? Seems like Samsung has just added extra bloat and not fixed any problems (as usual) over IA2 or any previous roms so why would you be eager to wipe your phone and go through setting up everything again? Seems like its just upgrading for the sake of having the "latest".

It seems that there are newer version of drivers and better volume control big UI.

Besides this is official ROM so it was probably better tested then beta DXIA2.

anyone can confirm if GPS XTRA is the newest one? Size is smaller than DXIA2.

Edit: it is the oldest version. I have replaced it with DXIA2 ones.

Edited by sector

Guest Pako777
pakko can u check also the .mli extension that was mentioned in another post?

it seems safer to flash like that. thanks bro

What sense? In .mli all same - eboot, pda, csc, langpack ..

Guest peopleschamp
THE PDA IS IA5 BUT THE PHONE IS IA2 :(

Since I do not use official updates since october, i gave a question.

Do this update format the internal storage(the 7 GB one) too?

Guest bobobird
Since I do not use official updates since october, i gave a question.

Do this update format the internal storage(the 7 GB one) too?

If you use the ss updater - the answer is yes.

Guest mr fantastic
I've just disassembled this new one:

It contains:

- two customer.csc (one normal and the second one with 120mb size - probably that damn trailers)

- eboot, pda, phone like any other ROM

I'll unpack it and try to cook new ROM based on this one in the evening. Stay tooned B) .

Hy qbus, can you add the UC - User Customisation in your new rom ? :(

Guest lastnikita
Seems like Samsung has just added extra bloat and not fixed any problems (as usual)

seems to you dude :(

new ROMs has always provided many small fixes but hey, they almost never release changelogs, and most guys only focus on visual elements, so...

just take any changelog from secany's thread and you'll understand what I mean.

Guest fessura

hey i have a question . does the chinese input on the singapore rom decrease the storage and program memory on the phone?

Should i just download the phillipines rom if i dont want the chinese input? Will it work even though my current rom is the singapore one? thanks.

DXIA5/QB06 is in RC1 state (currently in my phone) - seems quite ok, the free space is almost the same as in QB05.

Will upload it in few hours after I make sure that everything is OK (with QB06M of course).

DXIA5/QB06 is in RC1 state (currently in my phone) - seems quite ok, the free space is almost the same as in QB05.

Will upload it in few hours after I make sure that everything is OK (with QB06M of course).

Awesome qbus :( looks like youre the first chef to cook up the rom.

Kudos!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.