New Omnia ROM DXIA5 released by Samsung

Guest ldbs

Guest kojotek

Ok. Meaby someone will tell me why i can't flash my Omnia. during the verification error appears "wrong version of software, check the device". I tried on Vista (separate updater), xp and 2000...

Guest bobobird
Ok. Meaby someone will tell me why i can't flash my Omnia. during the verification error appears "wrong version of software, check the device". I tried on Vista (separate updater), xp and 2000...

Please go and do a search. And there is a thread with that exact title staring at you the top of this forum section....

Edited by bobobird

There is a way to upgrade the camera firmware with a cab's file ? What's the file name of the upgrade's file in the rom ?

i dont know if there is a cab for updating the camera separately but in the phone mode, if u open the dialpad and press the following, it will give u a message like: firmware updating...,this may take 2 minutes or something like that.

on the dialpad press:

*#2470#

actually i think it is recommended to do that after every ROM upgrade, just to make sure that if there is any changes made to the camera firmware, it will be updated.

hows the battery life for this rom?

im downloading it now, but seems like its gonna take me HOURS to finish.

battery life seems prety good.

I upgraded on Friday evening when the firmware came out,

before upgrading i fully charged my omnia and as of today,, it has still 60% charge in it. i have been using it pretty a lot considering that i spent hours on the wifi, the new widgets, reinstalling all my apps that i had before the upgrade, do all the reg edits again, i would say i was using it around 12 to 15 hours since friday evening.

so i guess that this is considered as pretty intensive use and the battery seems to be holding a bit better that in DZHK3, i believe.

but anyhow, we will have to test it for a few more days to see with better accuracy the battery life.

Is this Official Firmware DXA15 has Opera version that play youtube natively? (flashlite3.1 support)

I tried to play youtube from the Opera that comes in this firmware, unfortunately it doesnt still.

meaning that we dont have flash 3.1 in the official firmware. this firmware has a newer opera though but not the latest, it has ver9.5 build 157xx. and i think the latest wich supports flash 3.1 and plays natively youtube, is 9.5 build 1598x.

Guest krink

Hello Every one, i can say i am new to Omnia, i Just changed my HTC touch to Samsung Omnia and i try to upgrade my version the DZIA5 its really difficult comparing to HTC, if i check my version, i found PDA version is DTHJ5/DTHJ5, Phone Version is XXHJ1 and i try everything but i cant upgrade to DZIA5, any one can help me?

Regards

Guest HugoEgon
Hello Every one, i can say i am new to Omnia, i Just changed my HTC touch to Samsung Omnia and i try to upgrade my version the DZIA5 its really difficult comparing to HTC, if i check my version, i found PDA version is DTHJ5/DTHJ5, Phone Version is XXHJ1 and i try everything but i cant upgrade to DZIA5, any one can help me?

Regards

the new ROM is only published in asia yet. you have to wait until its available for your country.

Guest bobobird
when flashing does this Rom format the my storage drive or will it keep it the same ?

thank you in advance

If you use the ones downloaded from Samsung - My Storage will be formatted. Backup first.

The cooked rom will not.

Guest sebydd
Very good Rom, everything is great but still the old problem that screen sensivity is bad

I had DXHL3 final and I also think screen sensitivity was much better.

Taril, is there anzthing we can do?

Edited by sebydd

Guest erichkooi

Hi guys,

Is possible to customise the accuweather on widget, as it showing current weather in the home screen but I would prefer it show next day forecast after evening around 5-6pm for example.

Do you guys able to download "useful" online widgets? From what I got in "More Widgets" kind of useless :( maybe someone with expert programming background able to do some trick on it.

There is a bug on "favorite setting", if you had a custom ringtone set, when you access favorite setting / sound, the system would change to factory default ringtone B)

Overall, i think this is a good firmware compare to previous.

Battery life improving, GPS connection faster.

Guest crocodilo

Hi I am a new member here and like many I have a Sam Omnia.

My firmware Version is:

PDA : i900XXHJ4/MSHJ1

PHONE : i900XXHI5

Is this the latest one or is there a more recente one ( official ) that I can use?

I am in the UK and bought the phone here ( Orange Network ).

Apreciated any feedback on this.

Thanks

Guest ricey

Hi everyone im new to the site and was wondering what steps do i need to take to update from ACHH3 (vodafone ROM)to this DXIA5?

Any help greatly appreciated

Lee

Guest snoopy-doopy
I've got the exact same problem today when i've tried to update to DXIA5. But i've managed to do it B) . So... this is what u people should do. Go to this page http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...re-version-fix/ and chose one of the DX ROMS.. chose DXHH3 for example. Download it, then put it on your phone. When this is done, try the DXIA5 :P :D :P . It will Succeed :D

Best regards and excuse me for my English :D

I got the same problem but where can I find the DXHH3 for VISTA :(

Guest u8mypinkcookies

finally i updated my omnia successfully w/ this new ROM :( whew... i thought its gonna brick again coz the last time i tried, i had to bring it to the service center to have it fixed.. anyway, its good now and expecting it'll have better batt life coz that my prob in my old ROMĀ  B)

hey guys,

So far I m very happy with the new custom rom from taril (27.02.2009 (DXIA5 update). The battery consumption was great. I manage to have my phone last for 4 days without a single charge. made not more than 10 outgoing call each day and each call is abt 5 min.

Guest borutjustin
hey guys,

So far I m very happy with the new custom rom from taril (27.02.2009 (DXIA5 update). The battery consumption was great. I manage to have my phone last for 4 days without a single charge. made not more than 10 outgoing call each day and each call is abt 5 min.

I need the guide to install the new taril rom. Where to download it? Im totaly new on Omnia.

thnx

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.