ActiveSync vs Internet surfacing

Guest troychen

Guest dtphantom
When I connect the Blackjack II to the laptop via ActiveSync, the internet on the BJ II stops working. Why is that?

Because by default when you connect a phone to active sync it disables the data connection on the phone. You can change that. Its under the connection menu option in active sync I believe. I don't have XP any more so I don't have active sync to double check that exact location but I know its an option.

Guest troychen
Because by default when you connect a phone to active sync it disables the data connection on the phone. You can change that. Its under the connection menu option in active sync I believe. I don't have XP any more so I don't have active sync to double check that exact location but I know its an option.

What you said made sense, but I've looked for that option for a while, and couldn't find it.

Guest dtphantom

sorry like i said I don't use XP any more so I can't help you, I know its there maybe somebody who still uses activesync can tell you exactly where it is.

Guest jbone
sorry like i said I don't use XP any more so I can't help you, I know its there maybe somebody who still uses activesync can tell you exactly where it is.

In Activesync go to:

File->Connection settings...

Change the value of "This computer is connected to:" to:

"The Internet."

Guest troychen
In Activesync go to:

File->Connection settings...

Change the value of "This computer is connected to:" to:

"The Internet."

The option is available in the Activesync of the laptop computer, but

not in the Activesync of the Blackjack II. And when connected, my

laptop is still able to connect to the internet. But it's the Blackjack's

internet connection is disconnected.

Guest Neil5459
The option is available in the Activesync of the laptop computer, but

not in the Activesync of the Blackjack II. And when connected, my

laptop is still able to connect to the internet. But it's the Blackjack's

internet connection is disconnected.

The setting change has to be done on the PC not the phone.

Go to the Pc Activesync's Connection Settings window and look for the Allow wireless connection on device when connected to the desktop checkbox. Enable this, disconnect the phone, then reconnect it and your phone's WiFi and GPRS connection should work while docked.

Guest troychen
The setting change has to be done on the PC not the phone.

Go to the Pc Activesync's Connection Settings window and look for the Allow wireless connection on device when connected to the desktop checkbox. Enable this, disconnect the phone, then reconnect it and your phone's WiFi and GPRS connection should work while docked.

Thanks for the message. However, it didn't resolve the problem. This is a bit frustrating because the settings involved were so simple to trivial, but I can't get it working. On the

laptop's ActiveSync, under File/Connection Settings, there are 5 places for checks. I checked all but the 3rd one "Allow connections to one of the following". This includes the one you mentioned "Allow wireless connection on device when connected to the desktop". But it didn't work.

Yes, I've web service on the blackjack. The moment I disconnect the ActiveSync, the BJ II can connect to the net.

Need more help on this.

• 4 months later...
Guest nixxss
Thanks for the message. However, it didn't resolve the problem. This is a bit frustrating because the settings involved were so simple to trivial, but I can't get it working. On the

laptop's ActiveSync, under File/Connection Settings, there are 5 places for checks. I checked all but the 3rd one "Allow connections to one of the following". This includes the one you mentioned "Allow wireless connection on device when connected to the desktop". But it didn't work.

Yes, I've web service on the blackjack. The moment I disconnect the ActiveSync, the BJ II can connect to the net.

Need more help on this.

i have the same problem.. try unticking the advanced networking box in 'connections' on your phone.. 4 some this has worked.. i use vista and it doesn't work 4 me.. i have to disconnect phone in order to get updates..