QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest unholygid2006
I flashed it again...

it doesn't work...!!

Please...help me!!!

Happened to me before. It was the LCD problem. Nothing to do with the ROM.

I flashed back to samsung's original rom and sent it to the service center to get the LCD replaced.

After that I've been playing with custom roms ever since.

<_<

Guest jgeismar
Umm....after seeing a lot of people comments on the touch...

My solution is that, and it always works, i install FTouchSL_2.10.cab.

BUT DO NOT ENABLE IT..

just install it, it will disable the Samsung touch module, and use the winmo 6.5 kinetic scrolling mechanism.. The software it's not free, but you don't even need to register for it.

That's what i use, and it always works, just would like to share. I've seen this posted earlier also.See if that helps.

Cheers.

Did anyone try this? Does this work?

BTW how do you go to the second screen? index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=30161

tks.

Edited by jgeismar

Guest leoms17

Hi again! I've seen these hexagons in the Start Menu, like the picture a couple of posts above this one. The colour is fading from the perimeter and inwards. In my phone (and I've falshed all roms since O1L) the hexegons are always fading from top to bottom. Is there any way one can change this? Are those other hexagons just from old WM65 builds?

Guest jgeismar
Hi again! I've seen these hexagons in the Start Menu, like the picture a couple of posts above this one. The colour is fading from the perimeter and inwards. In my phone (and I've falshed all roms since O1L) the hexegons are always fading from top to bottom. Is there any way one can change this? Are those other hexagons just from old WM65 builds?

first, how do you get to this hexagone screen...? <_<

Guest copperfield
Did anyone try this? Does this work?

BTW how do you go to the second screen? index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=30161

tks.

Yes it works! <_<

Which second screen do you mean?! If you want to see the rest of the icons just scroll down :)

Guest jgeismar
Yes it works! <_<

Which second screen do you mean?! If you want to see the rest of the icons just scroll down :)

I have the usual list of widgets but I don't find how to go to this screen...!

Edit:

I found it! actually you need to disable the large display and then you get this hexagonal view!

BTW I confirm that the touch is really more reactive when you do the little installation that I talked about a couple post before.

tks

Edited by jgeismar

Guest Gianluigi

sector, I can't replace the windows.exe cause it's in use..

How to do that??

I also can't reinstall the original XIBB3...

Can you help me please?

Guest sector
sector, I can't replace the windows.exe cause it's in use..

How to do that??

I also can't reinstall the original XIBB3...

Can you help me please?

get an external reg editor like: CeRegit (it is free) http://ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/

when u connect via activesync, open the regeditor and browse to this path [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Welcome] .

change the dword value to below. this will disable the welcome screen.

wait 30 seconds and reboot.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Welcome]

"Disable"=dword:000000FF

Guest Gianluigi
get an external reg editor like: CeRegit (it is free) http://ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/

when u connect via activesync, open the regeditor and browse to this path [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Welcome] .

change the dword value to below. this will disable the welcome screen.

wait 30 seconds and reboot.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Welcome]

"Disable"=dword:000000FF

WOOOOWWWW!!!

I got my Omnia back!!!

Thanks a lot sector...

well..I can't align my screen...(Do you know a way to fix that?? if I try to align it from settings I need to soft reset it without any result)

but .. honestly...who cares??

Guest noshet

Gianluigi, basically you need to take your omnia back to service center, to change the screen digitizer man...

It happened to mine also a month ago or so...

If it's not major misaglignment of the screen it's ok,, but mine happened where when i tried to tap on keyboard letter 'A", it hits letter "D"...

So i couldn't live with that.

Another way to get the default values to align the screen is to use the function from Favorite Hackings..there's an option to calibrate the screen there...

but it doesn't help that much if your screen hardware is really messed up.

Better get that claimed dude...

Guest sector

yes you have to take it back and replace the screen.

why the alignment doesnt work? Because when you hit the cross in the middle it is aligned somewhere else (most probably out of the cross).

Thats why it repeats itself to correct the value but it is impossible because of the hardware error.

Guest Gianluigi
Gianluigi, basically you need to take your omnia back to service center, to change the screen digitizer man...

It happened to mine also a month ago or so...

If it's not major misaglignment of the screen it's ok,, but mine happened where when i tried to tap on keyboard letter 'A", it hits letter "D"...

So i couldn't live with that.

Another way to get the default values to align the screen is to use the function from Favorite Hackings..there's an option to calibrate the screen there...

but it doesn't help that much if your screen hardware is really messed up.

Better get that claimed dude...

OK, but if I will have to bring it back to customer service I should reinstall an original roma...how to do that?

Guest grop
OK, but if I will have to bring it back to customer service I should reinstall an original roma...how to do that?

just DL the last italian ROM XIIB3 and flash your phone

Edited by grop

Guest Gianluigi
just DL the last italian ROM XIIB3 and flash your phone

I tried..

it says

"software version not correct. Check your pda"

Sorry for the tranlsation...but it sounds like this <_<

Guest grop
I tried..

it says

"software version not correct. Check your pda"

Sorry for the tranlsation...but it sounds like this <_<

so you have to flash first with J3 (old italian rom)and then with the XIIB3

here to DL J3:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TWW5E7TM

ti mando a questo link ,un blog/forum italiano dove e tutto spiegato

http://forum.hdblog.it/showthread.php?t=1705

ciao gianluigi :)

Edited by grop

Guest ninalee123

Hi Sector & all,

First of all, thanks for your hard work, it is greatly appreciated!

I am currently on shokkas WM 6.5 rom, and it works extremely well. I have also installed your Elite Taskbar, because I really like it. My question is,

how can I make it glossy like in the windows themes? I've tried glossyblackbars.exe , which has worked before for me, but (and correct me if i am wrong) your taskbar seems to override it.

Do you have any hints, or could you maybe modify your taskbar so it is glossy?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers, ninalee

Guest ellaqezi

hi! i'm using R1L and i'm quite happy that i finally decided to flash my phone but i have a few small problems.

Lock >> Standby

the screen doesn't turn off. i set it so that on battery power the backlight turns off after 10 seconds and i guess that works cause it darkens but i would like it to be completely off. Do i always have to go through psShutXP>>standby for this?

i was using s2u2 back in the 6.1 days and i mapped my camera button to s2u2 so i could hit the camera button and the screen would lock then it would turn off after locking. with R1L, i tried through settings>personal>buttons but i can't find the lock application. is there anyway of doing this on this rom?

also the dialer is kindda messed up. i'm not so sure if it's meant to be because for the pin input everything is nicely aligned but on the dialer, the number and letters are on the bottom of the "buttons" and aligned to the right. can we have this dialer instead?

widokbnb.png

found it on xda.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=504716

Guest racrac

dear sector,

thanks very much for your great works. they are really mavelous.

as this is my first time enter into the net. discussion forum, i am sorry that i have wrongly posted my question somewhere in the site. i am really sorry about this.

Actually i hope that you can solve my problem. I have flashed your latest rom 21728 tonight and have a problem on the jbend. the jbend (java) in your previous roms is great and i used it for reading the bible (downloaded from go-bible) but when i reinstalled it tonight after flashing your new rom, it keeps saying "load VM failed", what does it mean? is there anything wrong ? should i need to go back to 21725? <_<

racrac