QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest enoir
Hi!

This is our thread about porting WinMo 6.5 to Omnia.

The first ROM we would lke to show is first version of english WinMo65. It is working, but still have some issues.

THIS ONE IS ONLY FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO BE TESTERS.

If you download this one please leave a feedback here - what bugs have you found, what works etc. etc.

The ROM is based on QB06 Clean. It contains HTC Task Manager but it does not look too good (it's too wide on the screen) but allows you to kill apps like before.

It also contains big screen Volume Control.

Be sure to check "WINDOWS BLACK THEME" in settings and RESET PHONE for full experience.

QB06_65 version:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mi4gyznxzhj

Known issues:

- Today screen is not working yet

- Mouse is scrambled

- Invisible keyboard

With thanks to myself for my efforts too :(

lol no worries, hope it all works out.

If there is anything else I can do please let me know.

Unfortunatelly this ROMs are rather only for testing - I don't believe we manage to do stable and reliable environment on this beta SYS :(.

Guest emre toprak
There will be at least one update today. Sector and me managed to fix many things so stay tuned :P .

A very good news :( i'am waiting B)

Guest mazeli
There will be at least one update today. Sector and me managed to fix many things so stay tuned :( .

hmm i just flashed the XIA5 by shokka yesterday and are almost finished with setting up the programs and so on :-) But i guess i prepare my omnia for flashing this rom today B)

hmm i just flashed the XIA5 by shokka yesterday and are almost finished with setting up the programs and so on :-) But i guess i prepare my omnia for flashing this rom today :(

Just use any backup tool in order to be able to get back to stable environment (I use SPB Backup Plus for that).

Guest mazeli
Just use any backup tool in order to be able to get back to stable environment (I use SPB Backup Plus for that).

thank you for that advice :( the SPB Backup looks really good

Guest aridoasis

is there an upgrade to the media player as well? can anyone post screenshots of windows media player? i wanna flash to do some beta tests but i have to wait until my day off.

cool job guys. thank you so much for your efforts!

Guest gumbo21

Firstly, thanks guys for putting this together. Awesome work. It's great to finally try the 6.5 interface after looking at so many screenshots these last few weeks.

Few points from my testing:

- Exchange sycn all works fine inc push mail

- Generally fairly stable

- Touch sensitivity on Today screen is a bit off

- I can't get the honeycomb start menu going, i only have the traditional start menu

- Yes video recording hangs for me too

- Appointments on the lock screen are presented above the time but the font is real small and unreadable

Guest emre toprak
Firstly, thanks guys for putting this together. Awesome work. It's great to finally try the 6.5 interface after looking at so many screenshots these last few weeks.

Few points from my testing:

- Exchange sycn all works fine inc push mail

- Generally fairly stable

- Touch sensitivity on Today screen is a bit off

- I can't get the honeycomb start menu going, i only have the traditional start menu

- Yes video recording hangs for me too

- Appointments on the lock screen are presented above the time but the font is real small and unreadable

settings > Lage Display

Disable Large menu for honeycomb

Today Screen and Honeycomb scrool sensivity very bad :(

Edited by emre toprak

Guest gumbo21
settings > Lage Display

thanks! Yes bit of lag scrolling but looks real nice :-)

settings > Lage Display

I've increased sensitivity a little in new ROM version - should be better. I'm trying to disable Finger Mouse and Large Menu now - if I only manage to do that I'll put new version here.

Guest bobobird

Update

Screen sensitivity way off after couple hours on standby

Vid recording with Camera hangs phone

Audio plays fine in Media Player

Video (xvid) is not recognised in default configuration. Works after installing latest Touch Player (and maybe Streaming Player as well).

Audio routing to BT is ok

Answer calls over BT is ok

Make calls over BT not fixed. Talk screen not brought up but instead phone screen is. I could test again but dont know which version of Cyberon Speed Dial liads or khunchai were using.

Honeycomb - idiotic! Everything is lumped into one big long screen and for installed apps scroll all the way to the bottom. Idiotic!. Even SS Main Menu is better - at least you have 2 pages of fixed programs and 1 page for person shortcuts. There is no other launcher that I can see. This is bad...