QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Hi, i got a Samsung Omnia i900, i Would like to know what happens if i want to come back my cellphone to WMobile 6.1? and this new WMobile 6.5 will erase everything on my cellphone? thanks

hi chipsahoy,

you can always flash back to WM6.1 if you don't like this new v6.5

just search on some threads here & find the WM6.1 ROM you like.

-official ROM, check out Teril ROM

-custom ROMs: Qbus, Sector, Shokka9, sztupy and many more in this website

hope this help.

Edited by hlay

Guest new2city

I remember seeing a demo of WinMo6.5 at youtube that you can swipe left or right at a contact to access it's details but in version C it didn't work, does it work in Version D?

Just downloading now.. I feel that WM6.5 was quit stable, only the titanium plugin was a big laggy in scrolling( I didn't like it anyway) but I kinda like the honeycomb... Does pressing the DPAD work now?

Guest Emre SUMENGEN

Hı guys,

Sector and Qbus, I had already loved your work and this has amazed me more, thanks big time...

I know development is on stall, until a new version pops out, but there's something I wonder about. I've been reading that the today page and honeycomb interface is slow. Has anyone compared it to the demo videos we've seen on YouTube about official MS Announcements and those running Chinese version on HTC devices?

Is it Omnia's hardware (my main suspect would be the lack of hw accelerated graphics) or the ROM being alpha/beta...

Any comments on this?

Guest sorphalla22

Dear,

Anyone have problem with loop restart after flash this WM6.5? I've change my phone to official ROM IA5, with Phillipines and Globe as operator..and still restart happen..

I really want to test this one..but unlucky to do it since...loop restart...take me time to fix again and again..

Any instruction..pls help comment...

Guest CPimentel
Dear,

Anyone have problem with loop restart after flash this WM6.5? I've change my phone to official ROM IA5, with Phillipines and Globe as operator..and still restart happen..

I really want to test this one..but unlucky to do it since...loop restart...take me time to fix again and again..

Any instruction..pls help comment...

Check post #1297 at this http://www.modaco.com/content-page/283964/...2009/page/1277/

[]'s

Cris

Guest bobobird
i don't like Spam alert anyway, can you suggest a better Contact Manager ?

I have tried almost all freeware or pay ware ones out there and all of them have limitation or problems of one sort or other, such as freezing, size, not working, poor implementation of particular features, etc.

Finally decided that if I have to live with the 3d party hassles then might as well not use any and just use the ss dialer.

Guest sector

Thanks bobo :(. that's why it is beta i guess. still need a lot to implement from microsoft.

by the way i have not added a task manager for closing correctly the programs so it is better to add one.

Edited by sector

Guest aridoasis

just finished installing version D. interface looks great. no changes for windows media player.

right off the bat, i noticed that

1. when i click on the battery icon, there is and indication that a tap is received but there is no more pop-up showing the battery/charging status.

2. it's a tad sluggish, esp the honeycomb when scrolling.

3. screen sensitivity needs a bit more tweaking

4. when editing settings, after i press "ok" instead of taking me back to the settings menu, it exits to today screen (which is a bit annoying if you're initially configuring your phone coz you have to go to honeycomb>settings>(whatever settings you're cheking out.

i'll probably be keeping this on for about a day or two to really give it a test drive before going back to winmo 6.1 IA5.

all in all, it's pretty useable despite the fact that this is still a beta version. great job qbus and sector!

Edited by aridoasis

Guest gcm79b22

Sorry nut I don't know why, but on my device Msn weather don't run.

Tapping on it return to the today screen.

I dont' know if this is a rom issue or not.

Guest bobobird
all in all, it's pretty useable despite the fact that this is still a beta version

If an interface change and some tweaks for touchscreens are all that 6.5 is about then MS has it wrong again.

But like it or not we will all move to 6.5 when it comes out. :(

Guest MudBox
If an interface change and some tweaks for touchscreens are all that 6.5 is about then MS has it wrong again.

Why this?

WM 6.5 is just an update for WM.

The real Process will come with WM7 ;-)

Guest mobilehappy
I have tried almost all freeware or pay ware ones out there and all of them have limitation or problems of one sort or other, such as freezing, size, not working, poor implementation of particular features, etc.

Finally decided that if I have to live with the 3d party hassles then might as well not use any and just use the ss dialer.

I have also been trying out alternatives but mainly using the SS dialer and phonebook...but when they in the newer ROM versions removed the alphabetic quickjump from the Samsung phonebook in favor of just a quick jump slider bar....i changed to the new Resco Contacts Manager which is great....

Edited by mobilehappy

Guest chokia

Screenshots for D version in landscape

screen14ei3.jpg

Lock screen

screen10pf0.jpg

screen12lg0.jpg

Windows live on todays screen

screen13gq6.jpg

screen16no9.jpg

screen15gc3.jpg

Aint that nice to have friends with avatar for windows live messenger?

(please put back in the next ROM update)

Guest mobilehappy
I have also been trying out alternatives but mainly using the SS dialer and phonebook...but when they in the newer ROM versions removed the alphabetic quickjump from the Samsung phonebook in favor of just a quick jump slider bar....i changed to the new Resco Contacts Manager which is great....

RCM, tested both v1, and 1.01, something caused me to uninstall both times, cant recollect what it was... will post if I do.

At times i have also used the Samsung Phonepad in combination with Vito Funcontact as a phonebook/contact manager.

But i am hoping that the WM 6.5 contact manger and phonepad is a bit more refined when its finally launced and will then negate the use of 3 party apps for one of the most basic and important functions of a Mobile Phone!

Edited by mobilehappy

Guest chokia

resco, vito, Spam alert all dont support video call!

What a wastes!!

Better stick to the original WM6.5 Contact:-

screen17re9.jpgscreen18gv5.jpgscreen19af9.jpg

I purposely made to font the biggest so that you cant see my contact phone number. without the need to edit or blur them. You can straight away see number if you adjust the font smaller.

hi, anybody have problem on receive an incoming call and the phone freeze with AUTO LOCK activated ?

when i received a call, the phone wake up, there're 2 slide buttons GREEN & RED for ANSWER & IGNORE.

a second screen pop up with ANSWER & IGNORE, i thinks this one from SS or older WM6.1.

is there any way i can disable one of those ?

any help would be appreciated

Guest aridoasis

jud found a bug.

i hav me screen locked and off and phone in standby in my pocket. when i pulled it out, i had one sms but the screen had frozen. and instead of displaying the new unlock screen, what shown was the old unlock screen from winmo 6.1 where it says "unlock" in the lower left. i tried to press it but screen would not respond and all hardware buttons would not respond as well. i had to soft reset to use the phone.

and the worst thing is after i did the soft reset, the sms that i supposedly got wasnt there anymore.

---------------------------------------

follow-up

i asked my friend to send my an sms while i had the screen locked. i got the sms prompt on the lock screen but when i wen into titanium, there was no indication that a new message was received. so, i went into the inbox and found that the sms was really there. after i exited to titanium, it has another bug. now, the highlghted item just shows blank. i have some screenshots but i have to wait until i get home before i can post them. i have to soft reset to correct the issue.

i'm probably gonna need to switch back to winmo6.1 earlier than i though coz i'm a heavy sms user and winmo6.5 seems to have a lot of bugs in sms handling.

Edited by aridoasis

jud found a bug.

i hav me screen locked and off and phone in standby in my pocket. when i pulled it out, i had one sms but the screen had frozen. and instead of displaying the new unlock screen, what shown was the old unlock screen from winmo 6.1 where it says "unlock" in the lower left. i tried to press it but screen would not respond and all hardware buttons would not respond as well. i had to soft reset to use the phone.

yes aridoasis, that's what i got too.

i think the solution is don't use AUTO LOCK for now :(

Guest Khuanchai

Friends,

Although qbus and sector have discontinued their work on the current WM6.5 and went back to WM6.1 for their daily use. However, I have got the original WM6.5 ROM set from sector and try to make a customized ROM based on this beta ROM. Hope qbus and sector don't mind for this extension. This is for test only.

I came up with my own-styled customized ROM that is now ready for testing. I called it Omnia_WM6.5_M2D version.

By this ROM customization, you can choose either one of 3 today GUIs on your preference:

1. Default simple WM today screeen (with todayagenda, wireless manager, screen lock, and claunch)

2. Original WM6.5 CHome (my least favorite)

3. TouchFlo 2D Lite version

All the WM6.5 features mentioned in this thread work as expected as well as their bugs, for example, disabled finger mouse, etc., but mostly tolerable for me. If you find the honeycomb GUI buggy, enable the large menu in the system settings to use normal interface.

Also incorporated to this ROM is liads' BT routing patch that makes omnia able to invoke voice speed dial using your Mono bluetooth headset. Again, there still be a known bug that you can wake your phone up by power button and BT tapping only.

Download link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/205195589/Omni...6.5_M2D.EXE.zip

For orginal Omnia keyboard:

http://rapidshare.com/files/191937285/OmniaKeyboard.zip

Thanks to:

1. qbus and sector for their initiation on the WM6.5 testing and their kind offer of this beta ROM to me

2. liads for his excellent work on bluetooth audio patch

3. mrtoto and all rom staff from pdamobiz for their great tools and support

4. modaco that is best website for omnia users

Edited by Khuanchai

Guest sector
original omnia touch.dll does not allow kinetic scroll of 6.5.

How to edit touch.dll ?

dude touch.dll is from original DXIA5 rom. We didnt mess with omnia's drivers. You dont have to hex-edit anything.

The touch response it is not because the touch.dll is not working well. It is because of the buggy winmo6.5 system for now and i dont know what else most probably some drivers on SYS that are not optimized yet.

@Kuanchai: Good job bro keep it up! :( We are waiting for the next releases to go on.

For the rest, i suggest you try the different versions of provided roms here and stick (if you want of course) with the one that is most suitable to your needs.

This is only for testing purposes as said, so you will find a lot of problems during the time spent with the mobile.

Edited by sector