Bargainous bargains: 3G dongles - unlimited data for a fiver!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
Any idea what the rules are on oversea usage ?

Want to use one of these in France.

Unless you're on a 3 network abroad, it's gonna be massively expensive. France data is a real pain atm, there are no good options (unlike other countries!)

P

If anyone is going to go for the '3' deal might you be kind enough to put in my number for the £15 off deal?

Would be much appreciated.

PM me and I'll let you know

Cheers

S

Guest shandy1948

The option to top up with "internet monthly / weekly / daily" seem to have disappeared.

My Three USB stick arrived today (I ordered it yesterday after spotting this thread). I've just registered it, and went to the "Buy Add-Ons" screen, but the crucial options are no longer available.

I tried changing "My mobile" (on the Three site) to a real handset (not usb stick) - hoping that that would open up the "internet monthly" option. But it didn't make any difference.

The only mobile broadband options I've got are Broadband Lite/Plus/Max which start at £10.

Any ideas?

just to add my tuppence worth. I have the £5/month Internet add on on my mobile bundle. It gives me 1GB / month. Having said that I also have a dongle for £12.50 giving me 7GB a month so not too bad....

HTH

S

Dunno about that...

just went into my account and the £5 option is still there.... at least for me.

See image

S

maybe i'm being daft (nothing new there) in that mine is for my mobile and you guys are after the dongle.... I can't see the dongle add on as I'm on a monthly contract with them...

sorry for misunderstanding & confusion caused....

S

Guest Paul (MVP)
Screenshots attached - showing that the options are no longer there.

<snip>

Looks like your account must be flagged as mobile broadband SIM or something now! Did you try clicking my direct link above?

P

Guest captainsensible
Looks like your account must be flagged as mobile broadband SIM or something now! Did you try clicking my direct link above?

P

I did, and it allowed me to purchase.

Guest billingeuk

I've just ordered one, will be delivered on Thursday, but I won't be in, so will pick up form the local Royal Mail sorting office on Friday morning. Looking forward to trying it out.

thanks

BillingeUK

Guest rameses

Does anyone know if they'll deliver to a work address as that'd be easier for me than having to go and collect it from the Royal Mail sorting office?

Guest billingeuk
Does anyone know if they'll deliver to a work address as that'd be easier for me than having to go and collect it from the Royal Mail sorting office?

they won't for security reasons, but they told me it may fit through the letter box, doesn't need signing for.

Guest billingeuk
they won't for security reasons, but they told me it may fit through the letter box, doesn't need signing for.

Turns out it does need signing for after all, I had to go the the sorting office to sign for it even though it would've fit through the letter box.

3 customer services not impressing so far.

I just hope I can get this £5pm unlimited internet.

Guest billingeuk

I'm not getting the £5 internet option, just the Broadband Lite, Plus and Max.

I've even set my phone as the TyTN II.

I bought the modem through the link here.

Am I knackered?

Not topped up yet, only just registered a credit card, and that takes upto 7 days.

Don't really want to put £10 on to find I can't get what I want.

Are the any limits on 'unlimited'?

thanks

BillingeUK

Guest Confucious

Am I being dense here, but isn't the £5 add on an add on to a voice plan for use on a phone - which, and I haven't read the T&C so I could be wrong, would presumably exclude tethering and use in a BB dongle?

Guest billingeuk
Am I being dense here, but isn't the £5 add on an add on to a voice plan for use on a phone - which, and I haven't read the T&C so I could be wrong, would presumably exclude tethering and use in a BB dongle?

It would appear to be be looking that way.

I've now set my device as the TyTN II, although I only have a TyTN I, and so far only put the sim in the dongle. Is there any way to get this £5 option working with the dongle? If I have to use the TyTN I as a mobile then fine, would just be nice to know.

I appear to be on the Flat 12 package. Is that voice or data?

Perhaps Paul can advise further? I'm not too familiar with 3.

thanks

BillingeUK

Guest Paul (MVP)
I'm not getting the £5 internet option, just the Broadband Lite, Plus and Max.

I've even set my phone as the TyTN II.

I bought the modem through the link here.

Am I knackered?

Not topped up yet, only just registered a credit card, and that takes upto 7 days.

Don't really want to put £10 on to find I can't get what I want.

Are the any limits on 'unlimited'?

thanks

BillingeUK

Did you click the direct link posted earlier?

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

Possibly, never had issues with using it that way tho...

P

Guest billingeuk
Did you click the direct link posted earlier?

P

I assume you mean the My3 link? Yes I did, but it just didn't show the £5 internet option.

However! Just now, several hours later, I tried it again, and it worked, I've bought th £5 internet add-on, it must've just needed time after initial registration, so a little warning to all to be patient.

No I'll go and try it out on my laptop, I'm using my wife's Eee PC with Linux at the mo, and sadly the USB dongle is not compatible with Linux.

thanks for the help and a great recommend, I'll post again if there are an more problems

cheers

BillingeUK