• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Screen Blanking Out When In-Call

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Any time I make a call my screen blanks out within a second or so. I then need to press the home button to bring it back so that I can access the keypad.

Does anyone know how to stop the screen turning off during a call or to extend the time before it does?

Thanks

Posted (edited)

There are a few options and it's trial and error to see which works for you depending on ROM. Not sure which worked for me now, sorry can't remember:

1. new app which uses g-sensor and only works when in call (I haven't tried yet): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=488991

2. Schaps Advanced Config: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=2 or http://www.touchxperience.com/

3. Regedit (backup settings before changing just in case):

* HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL\BatteryTimeoutInCall 0

* HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL\BatterySuspendTimeoutInCall 0

* HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL\EnableFastDormantDisplayDuringCall 0

* HKCU\ControlPanel\Phone\Sleep 0

* HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight\LightSensorPollingEnable 0

4. No Sleep.cab : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=413798

There may be other options.

Edited by Kevlarski

Posted

Any time I make a call my screen blanks out within a second or so. I then need to press the home button to bring it back so that I can access the keypad.

Does anyone know how to stop the screen turning off during a call or to extend the time before it does?

Thanks

If you are talking about using the phone hands free then taking the stylus out also stops it from doing so, but when pressed to your ear there is something sensor-wise that prevents this from working quite as expected.

Posted

If you are talking about using the phone hands free then taking the stylus out also stops it from doing so, but when pressed to your ear there is something sensor-wise that prevents this from working quite as expected.

It may be a feature from HTC so that the police dont see your ear lit up like a christmas tree when you use your phone whilst driving.

Or it could be a bug

Posted

It may be a feature from HTC so that the police dont see your ear lit up like a christmas tree when you use your phone whilst driving.

Or it could be a bug

It uses the light sensor or a combination of that and the gsensor to blank the screen when holding it next to your ear so you don't accidentally press buttons with your ear/cheek. Some people have said if you make the call with the phone flat on a table and lift it 10seconds after the call connected the backlight stays on.