Anyone using a Bluetooth handfree which is reliable

Guest shirozina

Guest shirozina

I'm fed up with this - picking up a call is a hit and miss affair, the phone goes silent when you leave the car and needs a soft reset to activate sound. Sometimes TomTom plays through Bluetooth to the car audio and sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the screen freezes when I try S2U2 to answer - in short it's an unusable mess. I've installed software updates, BT hotfixes etc but it's still problematic. I'm using a Parrot MK6000. The whole idea of handsfree it to make taking a call less distracting when driving but this is just the opposite. Is it the phone or the Parrot? - has anyone got their Kaiser working reliably with a bluetooth handsfree set?

Guest jezbee

hello i use a MOTOROLA H350 with my MDA Kaiser with no problems what so ever i use the voice recognition and answer and recall all by a touch on the ear piece cost about £18 quid from internet brilliant and i can still use my bluetouch sat nav at the same time hope that helps

• 2 months later...
Guest Monkeyturnip

go on to parrots website and download the latest software for your handsfree kit, i had the exact same with my parrot 3200, did it and all is fine, its an issue with all WM and parrot devices i was told by their rep, but they sorted it last July, but some units were shipped with out the latest fermware.

you will need a laptop with a bluetooth dongle or built in bluetooth, takes about 10 mins to do

http://www.parrot.com/uk/support/onlinehel...es/parrotmk6000

Edited by Monkeyturnip

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dazza12
hello i use a MOTOROLA H350 with my MDA Kaiser with no problems what so ever i use the voice recognition and answer and recall all by a touch on the ear piece cost about £18 quid from internet brilliant and i can still use my bluetouch sat nav at the same time hope that helps

In some cases a downgrade to an earlier version can sort this out. I have a CK3100, and used to regularly update to the latest firmware. I upgraded to the TyTN 2, and was getting similar problems to what the OP is getting. After searching their forums, it was suggested to downgrade to an earlier firmware version.

One thing that does pee me off about Parrot support - if you've got a WinMo phone, they'll tell you it's the way MS implement things that aren't compatible with the regular way of doing things (Bluetooth, address books etc). As such, they're very reluctant to do anything about it. However, one of the things about the Parrot kits is that their software has different compatibility modes depending on the quirks of particular models, and simply by creating such a profile for a future firmware upgrade they could sort it without causing other compatibilty problems.