• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

i600 rom flash

3 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

I am from New Zealand and I djust purchased a i600 with WM5 on it.

I note that Samsung let customers upgrade to WM6 a while ago...but have since pulled the deal (for what ever reason).

I know there was not RM made for Australia/New Zealand but I would very much like to upgrade my ROM.

Is this possible.

Thanks for helping out a newbie.

Regards,

Squip :(

Posted · Report post

Hi there,

I am from New Zealand and I djust purchased a i600 with WM5 on it.

I note that Samsung let customers upgrade to WM6 a while ago...but have since pulled the deal (for what ever reason).

I know there was not RM made for Australia/New Zealand but I would very much like to upgrade my ROM.

Is this possible.

Thanks for helping out a newbie.

Regards,

Squip B)

You can do that by flshing yourself with a ROM from here, but it could be very tricky. I try this last day and now i have a broken Samsung i600, the phone function is not working only the PDA part.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i60x-i60x-mo...rick-i600-help/

The differences between WM5 and WM6 is minimal, not even one that could worth the risk, my point of view. I wish that i never done that. My advice:KEEP THE WM5. I have that phone from 3 mounth and now ia broken.

I have to say that i600 it was a experience not pleasent for me, the device is to big at dimensions, i like the slim phones.

I hope that you can resist to no upgrade, i repeat the upgrade is not a big tehnological step. In Romania the Samsung service will meke the upgrade with 20 EUR, try in New Zeeland.

All the best!

Posted · Report post

Thanks for your reply... I contacted samsung today and they were not very helpful at all..

Looks like i will be staying with WM5 - wanted 6 because of the better push mail/exchange functionality.

Thanks,

- squip