justpratik

barcode scanner software for ss omnia

20 posts in this topic

I worked with QuickMarks to find a version that worked on Omnia and they now have one. It's free so just go here:

http://www.quickmark.com.tw/En/basic/download.asp

Scroll down to Samsung, pick the Omnia and download! You need to register (for free) or use a bugmenot account like:

username: roadkill

password: killtheroad

I worked with QuickMarks to find a version that worked on Omnia and they now have one. It's free so just go here:

http://www.quickmark.com.tw/En/basic/download.asp

Scroll down to Samsung, pick the Omnia and download! You need to register (for free) or use a bugmenot account like:

username: roadkill

password: killtheroad

Still waiting for autofocus working.

has anyone got the quickmark version to work i cant get the macro focus setting on it wont focus on the barcodes

thanks

i tried the inigma barcode reader.. i would advise no one to try this peice of cr*p,

u cant actually focus on anything, and the controls are totally messed up, ie if u move the camera (phone) to the left, it moves the image sometimes up or sometimes down or even to the right. this sh*t doesnt work at all on the omnia, and i wonder if it works on any other fones.

the sense of direction is totally out. u cannot direct the camera to the barcode.

as for the other one, i cant say, didnt try it yet. but just giving a heads up that no need wasting ur time with inigma sh*t.

There Barcoma which works well with Omnia. I used it recently at Circuit City with it was closing store to see if the deal were good or not. hahah

There Barcoma which works well with Omnia. I used it recently at Circuit City with it was closing store to see if the deal were good or not. hahah

is this barcoma a freeware or shareware? where can u find it? googled it but no relevant results B)

does it have any problems in landscape mode or it works fine in both modes.

Edited by kav

tried using the quickmark barcode reader for omnia ver3.8 and i cant actually read 1D or 2D barcodes, it cannot focus on the image at all or doesnt even do nothing when the barcode appears readable. i pressed the camera button thinking that i would read the barcode, but the it open the camera application.

anyone could make this work? get a propper barcode reading from a 1D barcode from a product?

tried using the quickmark barcode reader for omnia ver3.8 and i cant actually read 1D or 2D barcodes, it cannot focus on the image at all or doesnt even do nothing when the barcode appears readable. i pressed the camera button thinking that i would read the barcode, but the it open the camera application.

anyone could make this work? get a propper barcode reading from a 1D barcode from a product?

Quickmarks is for reading 3D (QR Code) barcodes like this (wikipedia link):

WikiQRCode.png

As far as I know there isn't a tool for reading regular supermarket barcodes but they can only hold a handful of numbers (which are printed underneath the code) anyway so you might as well type them in.

Hi, just wanted to contribute to this thread since I finally figured out how to install the barcode reader on my omnia i900.

I initially tried the BeeTagg reader but got the same problem as described by kav in earlier post with the i-nigma barcode reader. Images became inverted on the barcode "viewfinder". :)

Then I decided to install the QuickMark Barcode Reader based on recommendations here.

First I installed the program (v3.8) and then the autofocus plugin (http://www.quickmark.com.tw/En/basic/download.asp#Samsung_i900_Omnia),

and it works really well! Just half press the center button on the front panel to focus.

It actually reads both 2D (QR code etc) & 1D (EAN8/JAN8/UPCE etc, ie those used @ supermarts etc) barcodes.

But the fuction to use 1D barcode is locked in the standard free version. You can purchase the license for more function @ US$10.

A comparison of the standard & advance/paid versions here: http://www.quickmark.com.tw/En/tech/t28.asp

To switch between 2D & 1D barcode reader just tap on the icon on the top right hand corner.

t2301_1.jpg t2302_1.jpg

You can also chose which browser it uses to open links from barcode information (ie if you have more than 1 browser installed; Opera or IE in the case of omnia i900).

Not too sure how it holds up to the other barcode readers since it's the only one I successfully tried out at this point, plus I did not purchase the license.

The Barcorama barcode reader mentioned in previous post does seem interesting too! might give it a try sometime.. :D

Edited by rosetea

The 1D focus is bad to me :S, but 2D is great! Somewhy the 1D doesn't work to me :S

I was running 3.6 which was stable, but updated to 3.8, which is very nice...the auto-focus plugin is a must. Haven't tried the regular barcode scanner, as it's only available on a trial basis without paying...and as far as I know, it'd be useless unless the barcode was in an accessible database (? happy to be enlightened there)

I bought the pro version and it's pretty easy. The only thing is you really have to find some good UPC/barcode search engines to use the access part. I finally found google product search for mobiles. But you have to add everything in like http://www.google.com/search?q=*barcode*. All the program does is relay the variable through to IE or Opera (doesn't work with IE beta 9.7). So if you didn't add anything but google.com, you'd get www.google.com/*barcode*

But google product search is really good. Plus you can add up to 5 search engines, and have it automatically use one all the time, or ask for each barcode you scan. After I downloaded the latest version, the 2d/1d switching stopped closing the program. But after major troubleshooting, and even an (unanswered) e-mail to cust. support. However, it's only $10, so yay.

This has been bugging me for a while. I have Opera 9.7 set as default browser, but Quickmark always opens the old Opera 9.5 that came with my ROM (or IE, which I'm not using either). Is there a way to change that?

hi guys... I've already tried all barcode software mentioned above, but i can't find it working on my omnia i900.. then i found beetagg, and it works well.. :):D sweet

Interesting app.

Edited by andrew.mazlim